Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hopefully can pick up Warmace of Menethil heroic tonight to replace byrntroll normal, should check it out on rawr in abit to.

Although Rawr is a nice tool to simulate things I find it best to try out things myself.

When I got my tiny abo I regemmed all my yellow sockets to str/haste to see if it yielded a noticeable dps increase.

In my own experience it was actually a dps decrease. However I don't have a Bryntroll or Shadowmourne (soon!) yet, they could possibly make a difference.

I'd say stick with str/crit as most other paladins in this thread seem to agree on as well. But like I said, if you want to find out I would just regem and try it for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrane View Post
    Although Rawr is a nice tool to simulate things I find it best to try out things myself.
    If you're taking your experience from a couple of runs with a specifc gemming and using the information gathered from that over a (properly used) tool that has established itself as being relatively accurate, you're doing it wrong. RNG and your mistakes have a significant impact on your outcome that an extended simulation won't be as prone to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    If you're taking your experience from a couple of runs with a specifc gemming and using the information gathered from that over a (properly used) tool that has established itself as being relatively accurate, you're doing it wrong. RNG and your mistakes have a significant impact on your outcome that an extended simulation won't be as prone to.
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I was under the assumption that Rawr simulates a Patchwerk like fight, so that means X amount of time unhindered hitting the boss, from behind, with a perfect rotation and perfect circumstances.

If what I just said is true then yes, Rawr is a nice tool to simulate those kind of fights, it doesn't however show you how that gemming works for yourself, your playstyle and to a certain degree tactics you may use on bosses.

The most important thing is that the OP knows how the gemming works out for HIM while raiding, not some simulated perfect fight with a perfect rotation etc..

Do you know what I mean? (English isn't my first language so maybe my point made in the previous post didn't really make sense :> )

Rawr includes an options panel where you can setup many factors to a boss fight that can help tailor towards specific situations but , obviously, there isn't a perfect way to model these encounters. However, that is absolutely not a reason to toss out that data in favor of results derived from one (or even a handful) of your own runs.

Myself and guildie are running almost identical gear levels and similar gear through ICC25 HC, but we gem differently between us, I use inscribed ametrine and he uses the 10 str 10haste, and our dps is still identical, I'm yet to see a difference that would merit me changing all my gems over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Rawr includes an options panel where you can setup many factors to a boss fight that can help tailor towards specific situations but , obviously, there isn't a perfect way to model these encounters. However, that is absolutely not a reason to toss out that data in favor of results derived from one (or even a handful) of your own runs.
    I never meant to completely disregard what Rawr says as it's a very helpful tool, but I was merely trying to say that you should use Rawr, but also gem it and try it out yourself to see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrane View Post
    I never meant to completely disregard what Rawr says as it's a very helpful tool, but I was merely trying to say that you should use Rawr, but also gem it and try it out yourself to see how it works.
    That won't get you anywhere either. Regemming from crit to haste gems will only yield a very small DPS increase over the course of a fight, if it actually got you an "extra" swing. In fact, this DPS increase would be so small that you could attribute it to RNG with crits as a whole. Although I'm all for testing things yourself, you simply cannot measure a DPS increase like that by yourself and without tools like RAWR that crunch the numbers for you.