Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufferr View Post
    well guess I had to be more specific about minor questions I have, should I use arcane barrage after the arcane missiles? Ok about the AoE, thx.

No. No. No.

ArcBarr is only used while moving (if you have AB stacks up that will drop and Presence of Mind is not on CD, PoM an AB to keep your stacks and aim to continue a normal rotation when you stop moving).

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    Because we have enough haste to land 4 ABs within the t10 proc that its just a dps loss no matter how you look at it D:
    this is what bugs me. the 4th AB is hasted, but then the MBAM is not. i wish people would quote this stuff as something other than fact. I ran AB3MBAM just fine, so unless you're just doing easymodes and your druids are willing to give you innervates, having plenty of mana for every fight and dps potioning rather than Mana potioning is just better.

Quote Originally Posted by sidphoenix View Post
    this is what bugs me. the 4th AB is hasted, but then the MBAM is not. i wish people would quote this stuff as something other than fact. I ran AB3MBAM just fine, so unless you're just doing easymodes and your druids are willing to give you innervates, having plenty of mana for every fight and dps potioning rather than Mana potioning is just better.
    *blink* Have you tried 4xAB or are you just saying you're right? Cuz I'm not amazingly geared and I hardly ever have an issue with mana. You just have to use Evo/Mana gem correctly.

*Twice since raiding ICC have I ever asked our feral druid for an Innervate, both times were because I was one of the only DPS left alive on a near wipe/enrage. This is solved by not running with bads, or getting 25 man gear for 10 mans.

Edit: And I hardly ever mana pot. A few times I've used a mana pot instead of my second speed pot, mainly out of laziness and not wanting to stop to evo.
    Last edited by diemor; 2010-06-22 at 09:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    I think it's awesome that you tried to quantify 'epic fail' into an equation ;D

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    lock it for the love of god dire.
    You called?
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

"*blink* Have you tried 4xAB or are you just saying you're right?"

are you really asking have I tried the standard mage rotation that has existed since arcane got the 4th stack? Yes I have tried it, before 2PC t10, obviously there is no reason to do AB3 as there is no 5 second haste mechanic. I promise an awful lot of math went into it, but if you dont want to do the spreadsheets yourself, just kick your gear into rawr or into simcraft. Simcraft's default arcane setup is to MBAM whenever it procs. Just add the argument that AB must be stacked higher than 3 for AB4MBAM and stacked higher than 2 for AB3MBAM.

if you are just looking a rawr, look at the line ABSPAM034MBAM, which is my rotation, vs the ABSPAM04MBAM which is what you like. I haven't been watching it too closely since I've been running fire mainspec for a few months since pyro got ttw and empowered, but still use it on saurfang.

"This is solved by not running with bads, or getting 25 man gear for 10 mans."

What you said about getting 25 man gear for 10 man prettymuch proves my point of needing more mana for content. Luckily you can't outgear 25 man hardmodes til you've been farming them for a while. Im fine with AB4MBAM, as it is correct under BL, under self CDs, and isn't worse if you ignore mana. But you're gonna have to be one of the ones that stops the AB fishing at some point, because you can't afford it.

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 10:32 AM ----------

to update, I had ignored it long enough that I didnt realize it had pulled ahead of ab4mbam for fights lasting 3 or more minutes. Full BiS setup gets you about 300 dps higher in a 5 minute fight due to 1 less evocation.
    Last edited by sidphoenix; 2010-06-22 at 01:57 PM. Reason: spelling is hard

15+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, this is still being discussed? really? arcane rotation is a joke, the challenge of the spec comes from knowing when to use each and every CD. talk about that and not your tradbrained talk of "potioning" and this thread might be new and exciting.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    My god people can you not spot an obvious troll? Serious question here though,

When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.
    U cant save a game of WoW, its running constantly on the servers, just log out and your characterprogression is saved on the server. lol do u really have your computer on for 3 years? whish u had asked this earlier

to update, I had ignored it long enough that I didnt realize it had pulled ahead of ab4mbam for fights lasting 3 or more minutes. Full BiS setup gets you about 300 dps higher in a 5 minute fight due to 1 less evocation.
    This is an example of why you can't base everything off of a computer program. I am arcane and use the spam ABx4 or up to 6 to get my proc rotation and never use more than 1 evo in a fight and no i do not use mana pots or innervates. You simply use your first mana gem at 88% mana, evo at 40% mana, then mana gem when it is up.

Arcane is a simple rotation, but the use of cd's is what seperates the good arcane mages from the casual players. The target haste for arcane is 1246 (38%) with the 12% haste from the 2 piece T-10 giving you 50% haste and taking your 2.5sec cast AB down to 1.25 allowing 4 of them in the 5 second window.

Once you have obtained said haste you no longer want to stack IV, Eng gloves or Troll racial, with Blood Lust because you will be going past the GCD. This is when you want to spread out your casting speed cd's one after another to create a higher sustained dps.

All Arcane mages under 1000 haste should run black magic to use the 250 haste proc from it to get to the 1250 mark. If you are inbetween 1k-1246 it is player preference and over 1246 should use spell power to weapon/gloves
    Last edited by Multigasm; 2010-06-23 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yöjimbo View Post
    111121111211112111121111211112111121111211112111121111211112111121111211112111121111211112 1111211112111121111211112111121111211112111121111211112111121111211112... thats pretty much it.
    Is that on normal bossfights or also usable on bossfights with alot of movement?

"*blink* Have you tried 4xAB or are you just saying you're right?"

are you really asking have I tried the standard mage rotation that has existed since arcane got the 4th stack? Yes I have tried it, before 2PC t10, obviously there is no reason to do AB3 as there is no 5 second haste mechanic. I promise an awful lot of math went into it, but if you dont want to do the spreadsheets yourself, just kick your gear into rawr or into simcraft. Simcraft's default arcane setup is to MBAM whenever it procs. Just add the argument that AB must be stacked higher than 3 for AB4MBAM and stacked higher than 2 for AB3MBAM.

if you are just looking a rawr, look at the line ABSPAM034MBAM, which is my rotation, vs the ABSPAM04MBAM which is what you like. I haven't been watching it too closely since I've been running fire mainspec for a few months since pyro got ttw and empowered, but still use it on saurfang.

"This is solved by not running with bads, or getting 25 man gear for 10 mans."

What you said about getting 25 man gear for 10 man prettymuch proves my point of needing more mana for content. Luckily you can't outgear 25 man hardmodes til you've been farming them for a while. Im fine with AB4MBAM, as it is correct under BL, under self CDs, and isn't worse if you ignore mana. But you're gonna have to be one of the ones that stops the AB fishing at some point, because you can't afford it.

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 10:32 AM ----------

Interesting, and my point about the gearing for 10 man with 25 man gear was only in mocking because of the near wipe that I had occured(my guild doesn't do that so hence, the near wipe)

I'll do a bit more research into AB3MB. Asked in another post awhile back if this would pull ahead and everyone seemed to agree that it wouldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawley View Post
    U cant save a game of WoW, its running constantly on the servers, just log out and your characterprogression is saved on the server. lol do u really have your computer on for 3 years? whish u had asked this earlier
    I literally LoL'd at this.

Also @ OP. Do us all a favor and never play a different class. I think the most you would be able to handle is a Mut Rogue and that would really be pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Multigasm View Post
    This is an example of why you can't base everything off of a computer program. I am arcane and use the spam ABx4 or up to 6 to get my proc rotation and never use more than 1 evo in a fight and no i do not use mana pots or innervates. You simply use your first mana gem at 88% mana, evo at 40% mana, then mana gem when it is up.

Arcane is a simple rotation, but the use of cd's is what seperates the good arcane mages from the casual players. The target haste for arcane is 1246 (38%) with the 12% haste from the 2 piece T-10 giving you 50% haste and taking your 2.5sec cast AB down to 1.25 allowing 4 of them in the 5 second window.

Once you have obtained said haste you no longer want to stack IV, Eng gloves or Troll racial, with Blood Lust because you will be going past the GCD. This is when you want to spread out your casting speed cd's one after another to create a higher sustained dps.

All Arcane mages under 1000 haste should run black magic to use the 250 haste proc from it to get to the 1250 mark. If you are inbetween 1k-1246 it is player preference and over 1246 should use spell power to weapon/gloves
    See, argh, wildly differing opinions, must number crunch myself I guess.

And yeah now that I think about it I don't think I've used evo twice in a fight in a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by Multigasm View Post

so hang on. 1246 haste=38% from gear yes. i personally stand near totems and have 6% talented, and run witha ret/boomkin. that makes your 38% into 58.2%.
    also you're misapplying the haste formula. they're multiplicative(1.12*1.38*1.03*1.06).
    the 12% makes that 58.2% into 77.185%.
    your comment about 50% haste cutting the cast time in half is wrong too. 100% haste does not equal zero cast time, its a cast speed increase. so 50% drops 33.3% of the cast time.
    with your magical 1246, your casts are 1.411 seconds. It is not possible to get all 4 of them without icy veins or zerker or lust individually, as it would require over 3000 haste. Would that it were possible, but even full haste gemmed, with full procs up, haste enchants, and both haste trinkets(counting the scale), you cant break 2k. sorry.

this whole post was so far off it hurt. 38% haste from gear+12% haste from proc getting you 1.25 second casts? do you even think about how fast that would be? Its bloodlust material.

This seems somewhat accurate.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

arcane rotation is srs bsns

Quote Originally Posted by Brawley View Post
    I like you.

Deleted
    asking for Arcane Mage rotation is like asking for Ret Paladin rotation 0.o

Deleted
    Arcane missiles then fireball and then frost ball throw an Arcane blast in there and then use fire blast rinse and repeat

np in advance

Quote Originally Posted by molodirazz View Post
    Arcane missiles then fireball and then frost ball throw an Arcane blast in there and then use fire blast rinse and repeat

np in advance
    Thanks for trolling hence the fact that my small doubts were already answered >

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    asking for Arcane Mage rotation is like asking for Ret Paladin rotation 0.o
    Do tell, I doubt you even know the ret rotation.