Value of Agility

Okay, so today i got on my dk and did the ahune thing, good news is i got dps somehow (MS is tank), bad news is that Frost dps cant do any really good dps on the boss&adds

So basicly, i was able to pick up the Strength/crit/expertise cloak (http://www.wowhead.com/item=54803), however, my dk was at 32 expertise BEFORE i equiped it, so i imagine its 36+wasted.
    Now, i look at wowhead, and see he drops a AGI/crit/haste cloak (http://www.wowhead.com/item=54802#comments), this makes me wonder if i should try to get that, since im way over the exp cap anyway.
    But the true question is, what does 1 point of agility give a dk? for dps? Seeing as i looked at the ashen rings and ppl said "Vengence ring is best for warriors/pally, but might is better for dks because agility doesnt do anything exept crit" or something like that.
    So, would the agil cloak be better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Paladins take a lot of agility items because they get more crit per point of agility than DKs and Warriors. The other reason is that many pieces of plate gear contain stats that are of rather limited use to paladins - for example ArP.

The reason warriors often take agility gear is that a lot of leather has pretty big chunks of ArP on it as well as they can get a nice double-dip of crit from the crit rating on the ring as well as the agility. They just get a bit less crit per point of agility than paladins.

The reason DKs pretty much go right for the plate is because DKs have a lot of crit already baked into our various talents for our abilities. So it just makes agility less useful since we already ride very high on crit with what normal crit rating gives us. This is the fun part of being a class that's been created to circumvent the problems of downgrading armor.

Anyway, my advice would be to keep the cloak and look for someplace else on your gear to drop expertise.

Oh and there's one other reason DKs go right for strength. Rune of the Fallen Crusader. It gives you what, 25% (I'm too lazy to look it up) additional strength when it procs, so you go right for all the high Str gear for the highest AP possible which translates through to all of your damage from strikes to diseases.

well, i just got the agil cloak, and well....i think i need to consult rawr (well, probably not rawr, but something to tell me my stat weighs.
    Basicly, without fallen crusader in effect, it says to switch from the strength cloak to agil cloak, im loosing 67.6 or something AP, but gaining 1.20% crit and 1.35% haste(more killing machine procs), so ya....err.....anyone know a good frost dk spreadsheet or rawr thing...that is user friendly lol.

as far as droping expertise....im going to need to make a hunter or someone very, very, angry by taking the ring from H Pos (ladys promise has expertise, and i need to get some reg HoR practice in b4 heroic)
    other sources are t10legs
    koltiras helm (replacing with non-tier helm after i get tier chest to cover 2pt9)
    and the boots from ICC10
    so ya, i got some expetise to spare, ill keep the strength cloak even if i replace for when i need it :P
    Last edited by Reinhard von Lohengramm; 2010-06-22 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Expertise
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/WowSimulator.aspx

Easiest to use, and still really good simulator for those not amazing with sims, a LOT better than rawr for the classes it works for imho.

Ty for replys, i will have a look at both
    so basicly, i did go on rawr, even with how bad it is(from what i heard) give it a try, and even with all that wasted expertise, after doing some calculations of my own, with rawrs weighings

Agil cloak-117.57 dps
    Strength cloak-134.58, even with all that wasted expertise

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 03:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zibi View Post
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/WowSimulator.aspx

Easiest to use, and still really good simulator for those not amazing with sims, a LOT better than rawr for the classes it works for imho.
    ty, dead easy, best part is i dont need to clutter my laptop more mwhahaha
    even works for my druid

bad thing: he doesnt work for my priest (sadface) well spriests have an addon (Psuedo power) and anyone who plays and arcane mage properly can know how to gem/gear them ^.^

I've never much understood the need for simulators for DKs. It's pretty much if they are of equivalent item levels always go strength, although I suppose for weapons there's a bit more wiggle room.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I've never much understood the need for simulators for DKs. It's pretty much if they are of equivalent item levels always go strength,
    If all you're using it for is to tell the dps diff between a str and an agi item, then no, there's not much need for them... [rolls eyes]
    However, if you'd like to know anything else about how to optimize your gear or gems then there is a big need for them. In fact, if a lot more people used them, then we wouldn't be bombarded w/ silly questions all the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!