Thread: 2h cata build?

2h cata build?

ok so before this becomes a flame war (which it will) i just wanna know if 2h might be slightly better than it is now...

im not saying i support it, nor am i saying it will be the best, but if you wanted to... could you make it viable?

im asking because i was looking at the cata build and i read stormstrike which will be doing 133% weapon damage, so in theory could it possibly do similar damage to DW? heres a sample build i came up with, let me know what you guys think:

http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#hVhAVbZEIfoVhxouc0u0t

once again i am NOT saying this will be the best... just wanna know if it will be somewhat useful in certain (if any) situations
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizz has said numerous times that 2h wont be viable for shaman.

i know it wont be viable for raiding... but it def looks like it would be an interesting off spec when ur bored :P
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

You could 2H all you wanted in heroics and stuff...hell i do it now while still specced for DW. But the thing is it wont be able to do anything close to optimized because your losing talents and not gaining any real ones in the process. Just not enough support. But for shits and giggles yeah do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barado Black View Post
    You could 2H all you wanted in heroics and stuff...hell i do it now while still specced for DW. But the thing is it wont be able to do anything close to optimized because your losing talents and not gaining any real ones in the process. Just not enough support. But for shits and giggles yeah do it.
    Especially considering all the lava lash changes are going to make it very painful not to be able to use this ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    i know it wont be viable for raiding... but it def looks like it would be an interesting off spec when ur bored :P
    As blizzard has said in many posts "Once you get dual wielding the enhancement spec is a dual wielding spec"

2h is dead, let the poor horse pass on.

There should be a bot that watches the shaman forum and automatically bans anyone who makes a post with "2h" in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    ok so before this becomes a flame war (which it will) i just wanna know if 2h might be slightly better than it is now...

im not saying i support it, nor am i saying it will be the best, but if you wanted to... could you make it viable?

im asking because i was looking at the cata build and i read stormstrike which will be doing 133% weapon damage, so in theory could it possibly do similar damage to DW? heres a sample build i came up with, let me know what you guys think:

http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#hVhAVbZEIfoVhxouc0u0t

once again i am NOT saying this will be the best... just wanna know if it will be somewhat useful in certain (if any) situations
    Well lets see shall we. First off Storm Strike is usually < 10% of our total damage anyway, so boosting it by 33% is kind of a joke. Second off you've still got the AP scaling issue, by which I mean 1 ap contributes .278 damage (before weapon spec/mastery obviously) to a stormstrike with 2x 2.6 weapons, in order to get the same amount of damage from each AP with a 2h weapon it would require a 3.9 speed or slower 2h. (How common are 3.9 and slower 2h weapons? there are 2 weapons matching that description in Wrath content, they are whites). If that's not enough to convince you that a boost to stormstrike will never make 2h viable I'm not really sure what would be. The fact that our alpha talents revolve majorly around LL should obviously be another indicator that 2h isn't going to be viable, and of course MW generation from a 2h weapon would be a joke. The only advantage that you really gain with a 2h weapon would be bigger WF hits, and honestly anyone with a middle school education should be able to tell that even doubling WF DPS (which I doubt is even possible) would be enough to make up for all the lost spell damage, FT damage and LL damage.