Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Things to tank at 4500 gs?

Hi, please dont flame/troll me.
    But I was wondering what raids should I try to go after at 4500 GS nearly 30k unbuffed and about 33k raidbuffed?
    Thanks anyway
    url=http://quiz.wegame.com/wow_faction/?ref=forum][/url]
    I am The Argent Dawn - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    ToC and ICC10 (raid buffs and the Stength of Wrynn should bring you up to 40-50k).
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Thanks, I really didnt know what to go for

Re: tanking

If you are a good tank you can tank up to Ulduar 10 fairly easily.

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 04:00 AM ----------

Rhys said ToC and ICC but if you are at 30k hp with 4.5k you are stacking stam....thats ok for lower instances but for icc you will want more mitigation gems.

imo the toc and icc10 statement above was overestimated. just do heroics. the loot from there will let you do icc10 with maybe 37k unbuffed. wouldn't be worth your time doing ulduar, unless you want to enjoy the raid for lulz(cuz it is awesome). but if you want to hurry things up, finish up getting heroic loot and jump right in icc10.

You can tank the Wrong Forum encounter. Make sure you get flame resist gear.

Colbor
    Thanks for the humor, made my day
    also tankytanktank123
    ty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glyngaris View Post
    Rhys said ToC and ICC but if you are at 30k hp with 4.5k you are stacking stam....thats ok for lower instances but for icc you will want more mitigation gems.
    My DK has similar gear to the OP and he can easily tank the first 4 bosses. I'm sure a paladin can do it just as easily.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Uld 10, ToC 10 and VoA 10 easy, 25 mans of those same raids depending on how you with threat. Just becareful of scrub players like any raid, if ppl can't survive the mechanics of fights or beat enrage times your gear and skill won't matter. Depending on your class you should be over 30k unbuffed easy, just be sure to have the right gems and enchants. My DK tank has a 4600gs and nearly 33k unbuffed. I'd avoid ICC 10, even with the buff, unless it's guild run or group of friends. While you may have the necessary stats with the buff it will be very unforgiving with pugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really depends on your skills tbh.
    If your 4500 gs gear is enchanted and gemmed right, and you can back it up with some skills, you should, and could, be tanking toc10/25 atleast. You might wanna get a few upgrades before starting icc though.

I think my newly dinged warrior tank had about 4700-4800 gs when I did icc for the first time.
    No problems with the two first wings. But then again, I had a team with me that I really trust.

I did first 7 bosses on my DK in icc with a 4.4k gs. Sooooooo there's a starter point

/brofist
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    okay, i'm going to try a crazy new theory: i'm going to take my pants off and type this in the nude (shirts are for pussies in the first place). i will also type it slowly and in full capitalized letters so those with impaired vision can see it (though it will not be in caps, since i hold down the shift key HA).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obirah View Post
    Really depends on your skills tbh.
    If your 4500 gs gear is enchanted and gemmed right, and you can back it up with some skills, you should, and could, be tanking toc10/25 atleast. You might wanna get a few upgrades before starting icc though.

I think my newly dinged warrior tank had about 4700-4800 gs when I did icc for the first time.
    No problems with the two first wings. But then again, I had a team with me that I really trust.
    If by first two wings, you mean you tanked Plagueworks with 4800 GS, I salute you sir.

Not that I'm bad at the game, just that the Plagueworks have just been problematic for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyngaris View Post
    If you are a good tank you can tank up to Ulduar 10 fairly easily.

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 04:00 AM ----------

Exactly how does one gem for mitigation? Best you could do would be gemming Agi, the returns from that are abysmal. I suppose he could gem strength for block value as well, I hope you aren't actually recommending either of those options.

At any rate, OP you're only going to be able to get gear from Heroics/TotC 10 and up. You should be able to tank TotC and lower raids (maybe not TotGC 25). I wouldn't try to tank ICC with your gear, it's probably possible, but I just have a policy that I don't like bringing toons to high end raids when they can get lots of upgrades in heroics.

What Fornaw said. Stam and Armor are the two best stats in ICC due to the % buff and the Dodge Debuff. Blizz even went as far to remove and change stats on t10 tanking gear and did things like add extra armor. If armor is what you mean by mitigation your options a limited. The Engineering Glove Armor Enchant is really nice but that's about it. I have had a few tanks ask for the old lvl 70 Glove Armor Enchant but not many use it. Things like Shield Block have a very unfriendly RNG especially when it comes to Hard Modes and they gain nothing from the % buff. Our Druid OT sits at 82k HP with the current buff.

I really hate it when I see people talking about extreme examples of undergeared tanks or healers succeeding in raids. I've seen an afk healer "do just fine" in that we didn't wipe. Does that mean healers who don't do anything at all are perfectly fit to heal ICC? No, they just got carried by others who were able to 24 man it. I've also seen tanks go down and healers switched to bear form and tanked most of an encounter. Does this mean a bear tank asking if his healing gear is ok for tanking should be told yes because it was done once?

Also, the entire tanking/healing setup is very interdependent. You can't base what level of tank gear is acceptable on anecdotes about doing it on an alt once without detailed information about the healers you had. The better the healers the less gear the tank needs. The more gear the tank has the less gear the healers need.

Unless you're assuming overpowered healers I would not suggest that a new tank tries to tank ICC in anything less than full T9, full 232 from ICC5s, and the 264 frost cloak or trinket. This will get you to 4.9k GS with little effort and then you should do fine with average healers. You could get by with less but you'll be unduly burdening the raid. There's no reason they should take someone who hasn't put in the effort for gear when people who have put in the effort and are skilled are a dime a dozen.

At 4500GS just fill out your tank set with all 232s, save your frost emblems for the trinket, grab the cloak from Ahune, tank both VoAs every week, and do ToC25 if you feel like it.

What draticus says, tbh. You COULD go for ICC 10 but you're gonna need some goood healers to top you, as well as good DPS to kill the boss fast before healers go oom. I would suggest a bit more Triumph / ToC / VoA farming before stepping in ICC. Somewhere around 35k unbuffed seems reasonnable, in a world where healers can disconnect, people make mistake, and RNG kill tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do ToC 10 and Ony 10. Once you have done them on 10m you should have the know hows to do them both on 25m. After you get over 5k start doing 10 and 25m icc.

plain in simple. 4500 Gs is easy for ToC 25. so i would just get into 10/25 ToC. badge gear and the 3 new heroics. u should have no problem gettin to at least 5k GS. then from there u can start doing ICC 10. yea people are lookin for 5200gs or so to do ICC25*at least my server* but if ur a tank and ur looki at 35k unbuffed for icc25. ur gonna get 2 shotted quick unless u have serious mitigation.

Being a holy priest and resto shaman in my raids. i kinda feel the dmg more then the tanks and raid.

[QUOTE=draticus;8158914]
    Unless you're assuming overpowered healers I would not suggest that a new tank tries to tank ICC in anything less than full T9, full 232 from ICC5s, and the 264 frost cloak or trinket.QUOTE]

Really all that? When ppl were walking into ICC 10 with no 264 cloak and no 20%, soon to be 25%, buff. The only reservation I have going into ICC 10 with a 4600gs is holding threat against the OP DPS. DPS vs Threat scaling has already been addressed by Blizz and there is no fix until Cata. Stats got over inflated during WotLK and things like the ICC buff don't help. If, and I stress if, DPS could learn to do more then mass spam AoE and watch their meters on every pull things would be much simpler but we don't play in that kind of world. Lots of trash in ICC was designed to use CC or is itended to be burned down single target but no it's nothing but AoE every pull.

I have a little over 4.5gs and i have tanked toc and voa but not icc yet.