Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? People do farm him for the mount. Hell, guilds SELL mount runs for 80K+ gold.
    Thank you, you made my point for me. "Guilds" farm him and sell the mount. They bring someone along who does nothing or is usually ordered to kill themselves at the pull while the ppl who actually know the fight go an down him. He is not however being farmed by pugs, as was my point, and never will be because he is not a fight you can over gear.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    u know liek having full 232 gear is only like 4700-4800 gs... which is plenty for icc 10...i did like 5 bosses in a TERRIBLE pug on my warrior with jst 4 set 232 and the 245 badge pieces... >.> and icc is even easier now... lul @ 25% buff

Deleted
    any, i had a 4k gs tank for icc 25, we did it 7/12 which is enough for a pug.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    With 4.5k GS, there's still gear you can pick up from Triumph. Grab full Tier, head into ToC25, pick up the odd pieces there, and you should be near 4.9 / 5k. Then get yourself into a 4/12 ICC10 PuG, and after a week or two you should been near 5.2.

It'd be happy sailing from that point onwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Duke
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

Hello!
    I'm a tank from the guild <Undergeared>, so maybe I can give a somewhat satisfying answer.
    First of all, I do believe that people overestimate the stupidity of pugs as well as the difficulty of ICC. If you're worried about the quality of PuGs, then just start your own and be picky about who to invite.

Secondly, ICC10 normal mode is extremely easy with the buff. I'm not saying that <Undergeared> is one-shotting everything in there (19 wipes on Blood Princes before they died), but I'm pretty sure we are by far the worst geared raid group to ever go to ICC, with the average GS of 3300. The majority of people have at least over 4k GS. In <Undergeared> our problems with downing bosses have never been about tank getting one-shotted. 2-3 blue geared healers can keep a blue geared tank alive in ICC10, at least the first 7 bosses.

So OP: unless you have absolute drooling retards who don't know how to faceroll their keyboards, you CAN tank ICC10. Your main problem would be with keeping aggro from the better geared dps so I would recommend that you try to work on your gear before going ICC10, if only for that reason.

Also, the others who have replied are correct. The <Undergeared> project is not meant to prove that you can slack with your gear and still faceroll ICC. It's meant to show that people's failure at killing bosses is not because of their lack of gear, but because they are bad players. 5k GS raids that fail in ICC are simply bad, not undergeared. Personally I believe that maximizing your toon's gear and your own skill at playing your class is an important part of playing WoW.

Do HC and try to get lucky in VoA. you should be able to tank toc 10/25 and ulduar

I regularly tanked the first 4 bosses of ICC10 with my paladin, with no gear above ilevel 232 (and some as low as 200), overall GS of 3900 and no area buff (Since ICC had just come out). And yet these days, no PuGs will take my tank into ICC, even though he's 25% more powerful than before. How funny.

The first wing of ICC10 can be tanked by someone in blues, if they're good and using the 25% buff. As to the other bosses, I can't personally say.

---------- Post added 2010-06-25 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    That's not an excuse. Why are you on a dead, backwater realm? I've realm swapped my three best toons (paladin, druid, warrior) twice now and I'm poor as fuck.
    Badass alert! Poor-as-fuck guy willing to spend $120 of his apparently very scarce money on nonessential, noncontent videogame services, and then has the audacity to insult other people for not spending that same, ridiculous amount of cash for the opportunity to raid with other dbags like him!
    Last edited by Athael; 2010-06-25 at 11:48 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL, that's ridiculous to you? Get a job.

Yeah, because the only reason it's ridiculous to spend $120 on optional, noncontent services for a video game that doesn't change your game experience AT ALL beyond giving you a new set of people to play with, is because I'm supposedly unemployed.

Are you high? You can buy 2 full video games for that kind of money. You can pay for just short of a year's subscription. And you have the audacity to tell someone they're "Making excuses" because they're not wasting that kind of money like you are?

Again: Are you high?

$120 is $120. If you were actually poor as fuck, you'd know not to waste that kind of cash for the privilege of clearing ICC a month or two earlier than the bad/backwater servers.

Edit: I was wrong, it's not $120! It's $150! That makes you even more insane.
    Last edited by Athael; 2010-06-27 at 01:03 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athael View Post
    Yeah, because the only reason it's ridiculous to spend $120 on optional, noncontent services for a video game that doesn't change your game experience AT ALL beyond giving you a new set of people to play with, is because I'm supposedly unemployed.

Are you high? You can buy 2 full video games for that kind of money. You can pay for just short of a year's subscription. And you have the audacity to tell someone they're "Making excuses" because they're not wasting that kind of money like you are?

Again: Are you high?

$120 is $120. If you were actually poor as fuck, you'd know not to waste that kind of cash for the privilege of clearing ICC a month or two earlier than the bad/backwater servers.
    Dude, you are talking like someone that has never experienced the difference between high pop and low pop. The difference is MASSIVE. If you can't afford it, I'd recommend rerolling completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Athael View Post
    The first wing of ICC10 can be tanked by someone in blues, if they're good and using the 25% buff. As to the other bosses, I can't personally say.[COLOR="red"]
    Actually, you can do quite more than just the first wing in blues.
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    And you could OT Karazhan as a level 69 in greens, but good luck finding a group back then! lulz

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic View Post
    Actually, you can do quite more than just the first wing in blues.
    See, these threads where the average Joe is asking what he should be trying to tank in pugs are exactly the problem I was mentioning in your thread. You ARE trying to apply your project to the topic of what gear should be accepted in pugs. There is a huge difference between the outer fringes of possibility and whats reasonably attainable. If your undergeared group had walked into ICC with 9 people you've never met, with no vent, and cleared 6 bosses in your first 3 hours THEN you could talk about tanks being able to tank in blues in threads about pugs.

As it is you're just confusing what should be a very clear subject: Gear is very easy to get. Put in the work just like everyone else before trying to get carried through ICC, especially as a tank. Appropriate gear levels are about coming prepared so you can contribute to a group effort, not putting in the absolute minimal effort you can before joining a group where if everyone else is in the same gear you are, you're going to be struggling.

Getting good gear is much easier than raiding ICC with a blue tank.
    Last edited by draticus; 2010-06-28 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by draticus View Post
    See, these threads where the average Joe is asking what he should be trying to tank in pugs are exactly the problem I was mentioning in your thread. You ARE trying to apply your project to the topic of what gear should be accepted in pugs. There is a huge difference between the outer fringes of possibility and whats reasonably attainable. If your undergeared group had walked into ICC with 9 people you've never met, with no vent, and cleared 6 bosses in your first 3 hours THEN you could talk about tanks being able to tank in blues in threads about pugs.

As it is you're just confusing what should be a very clear subject: Gear is very easy to get. Put in the work just like everyone else before trying to get carried through ICC, especially as a tank. Appropriate gear levels are about coming prepared so you can contribute to a group effort, not putting in the absolute minimal effort you can before joining a group where if everyone else is in the same gear you are, you're going to be struggling.

Getting good gear is much easier than raiding ICC with a blue tank.

And you need to understand and grasp the moment, the tank CAN be blue geared in a icc pug since thanks to the buff he'll be around 47k fully buffed, aslong as the healers are epic the raid can steamroll it.

Easy concept to understand hard to mastr i presume.

ICC 10, the buff does a lot

icc has been done with -4k gs fully. so stop the drama

Quote Originally Posted by Carine Bloodhoof View Post
    Hi, please dont flame/troll me.
    But I was wondering what raids should I try to go after at 4500 GS nearly 30k unbuffed and about 33k raidbuffed?
    Thanks anyway
    That's pretty sad when a person is asking a legitimate question but has to preface it by saying "dont flame/troll me." You flamers out there should be proud of yourselves.