Ele Shaman setup 2v2?

So i got a fairly geared ele pvp-offspec and i want to start doing some arena. But the big question his wich setup should i go?, i have seen quite many ele shams running affli/destro lock + Ele Sham, is that the setup to go?. Thanks in advance

I'd recommend frost/ele unless there's a sp/rogue spree on your BG atm =P It's a fun and competitive comp and it's possible to beat most set-ups.

frost/ele, but the mage has to be able to control the fight and enable you to free cast and solo something with a bit of help from the mage

disc/ele, but you have to do all you can to try keep stuff of the pri so he can heal/assist dps/mana burn

lock/ele (affli or destro) as destro just dps one target then fast switch and global another, need to coordinate CC and burst but apart from that its just global stuff

rogue/elem, here u are there for the utility rather than the dmg, 1v1 the rogue can kill almost anything with hero, so u need to keep the other teams partner busy whilst assisting with dmg when needed and off healing when needed

ele/boomkin works a bit and ele/Hpal but never really played them so cant think of tactics. probs just nuke with cyclone>hex on healer for ele boomkin (boomkin burst is ridiculous atm with hero and so is elems). ele/Hpal would just be outlasting i s'pose unless a good opportunity arrises and u can HoJ someone in the open with a hex on their partner.

just remember on Z-axis maps thunderstorm someone off to either peel from ur partner/urself or nock them away from their partner to nuke them, earth bind root+frost shock+hex are your only peels apart from that so good awareness and communication is required - although in theory it is for all comps

thats all i can think of off the top of my head, if i think of anymore i'll let you know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    I'd recommend frost/ele unless there's a sp/rogue spree on your BG atm =P It's a fun and competitive comp and it's possible to beat most set-ups.
    Funny how you say that bobby, I went 2400+ as frost/ele, and Spriest/rogue teams were easy. Druid/affli lock is just autolose when you enter, really, and rogue/arcane mage is hard to beat as well, even if I unstealth the rogue with fire nova after he saps my partner, they can faceroll me so hard if the arcane mage has some pve gear :<

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    Funny how you say that bobby, I went 2400+ as frost/ele, and Spriest/rogue teams were easy. Druid/affli lock is just autolose when you enter, really, and rogue/arcane mage is hard to beat as well, even if I unstealth the rogue with fire nova after he saps my partner, they can faceroll me so hard if the arcane mage has some pve gear :<
    How the F do you beat them then? =0 They go straight for me and just fk me up with all their CDs =P The mage i've played with wasn't very good though hadn't been above 1,5 when we started but we reached 2,2 =D And yea lol we never fought any affli/druid cuz we just left whenever they popped up ;D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    How the F do you beat them then? =0 They go straight for me and just fk me up with all their CDs =P The mage i've played with wasn't very good though hadn't been above 1,5 when we started but we reached 2,2 =D And yea lol we never fought any affli/druid cuz we just left whenever they popped up ;D
    Lmfao It's about individual skill, Spriest/rogue vs ele/frost
    9/10 times this is the scenario:

The rogue runs for a sap on the mage, the mage should avoid it at all costs, usually mine went invisi, and I coordinated him to the priest.
    Rogue opens on me, and the priest fights my mage.
    If the priest sacrifices everything to come help the rogue finish me ( I lose 1v1 vs prep rogues at high rating ) my mage will rape the shit out of him, and we should die around the same time. Sometimes I survive, sometimes the priest does, at any rate, it ends up 1v1 mage vs rogue in the end, and since he's already blown all his CDs, he's done for

This fight really is the mages, you cant do shit on your own unless you get lucky, all I usually manage to do is bloodlust and flameshock/em-lavaburst the priest and thats it
    Last edited by mmoc1ea225bcc9; 2010-06-22 at 11:28 AM.

Yea we pretty much did the same i didn't even bother trying to stay alive just pulled out as much dmg on the priest as i could and then the mage would solo the rogue if he died. But generally the rogue would get the sap in and i would be dead b4 all the cc was over ;0
    What common comp did you find as the easiest? I don't think we lost a single game vs. warrior+holypally/resto shaman. And we played over 1000 matches =P

Deleted
    How can he sap if your mage pops invisi? also, we lost a few games to some Shadowmourne Arms/Hpala team, hurt like a motherf***er, and the pala was crazy pillar humping :<

priest fighting the mage? last time i checked spriest/rogue tunnels one guy and CC's the other...
    one sap, one fear, one blind, one horror (on mage) and im pretty sure ele would be dead =P
    also not enough dispel protection to not dispel BL off of the mage or the shammy for that matter
    but i could go on how the fight could turn out
    it really boils down to how good your spriest is at playing his class

i just recently started doing destro lock/ele shaman and the burst is incredible.

Just in the past 2 weeks ive started doing arena, 25 wins away from the tabard now. Anyways, i just switched warlock partners, got a new team and we were plaiyng at 1800-1900 MMr and winning.

Its fun as hell too.

I've also played ret/ele back in season 6 or something and we did quite well. Not sure how it is nowadays.

Thanks for all the response guys, as it looks now i think i will go frost mage/ele sham I might try a destro lock tho, sounds fun.

Again thanks!