Page 1 of 3
LastLast

gear blocked becuz of GS

hello community

ive been trying to gear up my alt for quiet some time now and its been a huge fail
    i have a 4.9kGS tree and 4.8kGS feral tank that cant get into raids therefore i cant get my epic pixels

any suggestions on how to beat this retarted addon and start getting gear ?

thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Run more heroics, specifically ICC 5mans.

2. Bad troll is bad.

join a guild? make the raids yourself?

maybe if u got some pvp items with a higher iLvl...

but ur sure u want to be in a raid with some gs retards?:P

Either get in a guild that will take you to raids, or make your own runs. People do it all the time. LFM 25 toc 5.3k GS and the guy asking is 4.7k.

or run more heroics for badges. Oh and do Ahune. 2 emblems of frost every day for 2 weeks. That's not bad. also drops 232 cloaks if you dont have one yet.

My Dk alt is 5054 GS. Never been into ICC. He has 4 set tier 10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quack View Post
    hello community

ive been trying to gear up my alt for quiet some time now and its been a huge fail
    i have a 4.9kGS tree and 4.8kGS feral tank that cant get into raids therefore i cant get my epic pixels

any suggestions on how to beat this retarted addon and start getting gear ?

thanks in advance
    Best thing to do is look for raids who aren't specifically looking for GS, and emphasize your skill/experience. 9/10 times they'll give you a go. God help you if you're actually crap at playing your class though

You can get a 4.9 GS in less than a month without doing ICC. You can find raids doing ICC10 with a 4.9GS. You can even make your own. After another month of ICC10 pugs and continued frost farming and maybe one piece from VOA you can get a 5.3GS and start getting into ICC25 pugs.

My fury warrior has a 5.2k GS and I've only run ICC10 once and ICC25 once. When most people say they can't get gear they mean they can't get gear without any effort.

a) You probably don't want to raid with people who spam macros like "LFM ToC10 GS 5.5k+ /w me with class/spec/achivement" - since they probably have no intention whatsoever to gear up their own alt the "normal" way (Hero => Badges => T9-232 => more Hero) but rather have some people drag them through raids who don't need the gear from e.g. ToC10 anyway. Plus - you certainly don't want to raid with people who actually reply to those whispers with anything else but "you're insane!".

b) It's easily doable to raise your GS above 5k just with ilvl 245 badge-Loot and ilvl 232 gear from FoS, PoS and HoR. Go there, the gear is really good! Gearscore or no Gearscore - when I'm responsible for recruiting some people to fill vacant spots in our Alt-raid to ICC, if someone comes along with mainly ilvl 200-219 gear I have to tell them "no thanks". However, if that someone comes along with mostly ilvl 232 gear from badges and IC 5-mans, that's good enough for me, even for ICC25 if there are enough players present that I already know. All that gear is easily attainable (and will put you past 5k GS anyway).

c) You probably don't want to raid with guilds that recruit based on gearscore. It shows that their leadership carries very little interest in who they recruit and thus will either have a shitty raid-setup or maybe even boot you based on a single Recount-overview. I've been responsible for a raid guild's recruitment from Molten Core until Ulduar (and again now in ICC), and every single applicant had to list (for starters) all his/her gearsets item by item, their various spec-choices and their raid experience. Reviewing a well written and lenghty application may take more time than you have for recruiting a PuG - but we're talking guild application here. Yes, it was a slow process, but it was well worth it. Almost all applicants who made it past gear-check, recruitment-interview and 3 tryout-raids have been with us for years and many have become dear friends. If that's too much commitment for you it's your choice, but in that case you shouldn't complain about GS-mentality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alone on the mountainside, breathing the clearest winds...
    Keep an eye out for the infamous "monday night" raids. We have all been in them, run them, w/e. We have all heard the horror stories, at the very least. But in this case it works out in your favor. Typically monday night is the easiest time to get in a raid because of reset. While it is probably true that any raid you get in will not go far, as there will be a ton of alts and lower geared people in it, but 3-4 bosses is pretty much a given at this stage of the ICC buff. Any shot at gear is a good one, and when it gives you a couple extra frost badges for the week, you can't lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be unimaginative with your character names. My main is Merinicus (no one with a similar name on the server) and most of the server knows me, partly due to being here since the week after the server was created, and partly for just knowing everyone, friends etc. My alts are called Merinico, Merinici, Merinica, Merinifail... see where im going?

Most of the server sees me afk in dalaran, or talking on trade (as Hellfire does frequently, the topic of the day yesterday was "How to milk a squirrel and make Squirrel cheese, and if you had to kill said squirrel, how many squirrels would it take to make a squirrel skin coat") For this reason, on an alt, even with low GS (and Hellfire bums GS hard) I just wisper and say "Hey, Kingslayer on main, mind if I tag along?" Even if I can't pull the numbers, i get an invite - but 9/10 if you can pull the numbers, you will get a wisper same time next week "Hey, fancy coming to ICC?" regardless of that GS rubbish.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

What really annoys me about gearscore and ICC is that with the buff, which if it follows the same four week pattern should be 25% later today, you can clear all the normal modes(including Lich King) with a group composed of entirely sub 5K gearscores who knows what they're doing(cleared Lich King with a guild alt group where my Holy Paladin had the highest gearscore at 4.8K and some change) but instead of the "requirement" for pugs who won't kill Putricide or Sindragosa anyway getting lower as the buff gets bigger, it gets higher. Groups used to look for 5K with no buff. Now they're looking for 5.5K+ for ten man with 20% buff.

tl;dr version: People are dumb and gearscore makes them dumber.

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 10:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    For this reason, on an alt, even with low GS (and Hellfire bums GS hard) I just wisper and say "Hey, Kingslayer on main, mind if I tag along?" Even if I can't pull the numbers, i get an invite - but 9/10 if you can pull the numbers, you will get a wisper same time next week "Hey, fancy coming to ICC?" regardless of that GS rubbish.
    I cheat and do this all the time when I'm sitting around Dalaran on my main. "Don't remember my alts gearscore, but I know all the fights and can log him on!" and link my main's 11/12 HM 25 achievement. They always get all excited and tell me to log right over, so I show up on my 4.5K gearscore Hunter all, "sup yo."

That's how the pros do it.

Quote Originally Posted by EzriEU View Post
    a) You probably don't want to raid with people who spam macros like "LFM ToC10 GS 5.5k+ /w me with class/spec/achivement" - since they probably have no intention whatsoever to gear up their own alt the "normal" way (Hero => Badges => T9-232 => more Hero) but rather have some people drag them through raids who don't need the gear from e.g. ToC10 anyway. Plus - you certainly don't want to raid with people who actually reply to those whispers with anything else but "you're insane!".

b) It's easily doable to raise your GS above 5k just with ilvl 245 badge-Loot and ilvl 232 gear from FoS, PoS and HoR. Go there, the gear is really good! Gearscore or no Gearscore - when I'm responsible for recruiting some people to fill vacant spots in our Alt-raid to ICC, if someone comes along with mainly ilvl 200-219 gear I have to tell them "no thanks". However, if that someone comes along with mostly ilvl 232 gear from badges and IC 5-mans, that's good enough for me, even for ICC25 if there are enough players present that I already know. All that gear is easily attainable (and will put you past 5k GS anyway).

c) You probably don't want to raid with guilds that recruit based on gearscore. It shows that their leadership carries very little interest in who they recruit and thus will either have a shitty raid-setup or maybe even boot you based on a single Recount-overview. I've been responsible for a raid guild's recruitment from Molten Core until Ulduar (and again now in ICC), and every single applicant had to list (for starters) all his/her gearsets item by item, their various spec-choices and their raid experience. Reviewing a well written and lenghty application may take more time than you have for recruiting a PuG - but we're talking guild application here. Yes, it was a slow process, but it was well worth it. Almost all applicants who made it past gear-check, recruitment-interview and 3 tryout-raids have been with us for years and many have become dear friends. If that's too much commitment for you it's your choice, but in that case you shouldn't complain about GS-mentality.
    I agree with this post the guilds that recruit based on gear score is fail, they don't recruit based on experience. Speaking of that last week I was bored and ran some heroics........ we all know HoR can be a pain at times and I have been in groups and wiped with people with a GS of 5.5 - 6k. Now last week I ran it on my alt with a tank that had a GS of 3.9k and we did not wipe at all, and yes we all talked about Gearscore being shit after witnessing this. This is a prime example, but I won't lie I was afraid to run it with his GS being that low and I was very surprised from the outcome. So if you join a guild, a group, or random pug and all they are interested in is GS and nothing else then.....I would go else where, because I have been in plenty of pugs from people with high lolGearscore and the entire raid has been nothing but wipe, after wipe, after wipe. And I'm talking about wipe as in your ass couldn't run from the damn fire wipe.

Just my 2 cents.

For pugs, Gearscore is a GODSEND. Generally gearscore is Fairly accurate. 4.5k-5k gs = barely ready for first 4, 5k-5.3k gs= ready for first 4+all 4 first wing bosses and rotface, 5.3k-5.5k is ready for 10/12, 5.5k-5.8k is ready for 12/12.

Is this 100% always completely accurate? Of course not. How many pugs have you seen with 4.5k GS pull their weight on Proffesor Putricide though? Sure there'll be a few{We had this one elemental shaman pulling 8500 dps in 4.6k GS} But is it the norm? Definitly not.

On my server most pugs expect 6-8/12. If you can't pull your weight for Professor, GTFO. 5.2k GS means you at least TRIED to gear up your char. 5.5k GS prior to raids means you spent a lot of money gearing up your character. IF you can't even be bothered to get a full set of emblem gear, I can't be bothered to take you into a dungeon.

Do heroics/ToC until your GS is between 4.8-5k. This is entirely possible and you can even gear appropriately for your class (i.e. No PVP gear) while doing this do 25 dailies a day (or as much as you can) and do the frost weekly and frost dailies. Using the money you gain and your aquired frost badges you should be able to purchase up to 4 appropriate 264 pieces in 3 weeks. If you were also running ToC 25 while doing this you should have near 5.2-5.5k gs before setting foot inside of ICC. You should have appropriate gear for the gear level. Also if you're as good as you say, you should be able to kill LK with that gear.

GL my friend. You can kill LK in less than a month of hitting 80.

my priest hit 80 last week, the following day had a 5230gs, craftables, purchaseables and ICC 5 man drops, easy.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I got the 5k GS on my mage the same day I dinged 80.

You can:

1. Buy 264 pieces (if you can afford it)
    2. Turn in honor for high GS pieces (yes they suck, but they get you into raids, sadly)
    3. Chain spam HCs and buy the items with the higest GS.

GS is lame, but unfortunately its needed to get in to raids a lot of places.

If hes trolling its just to start an anti GS thread. He probably actually has a 4.6 GS and is pissed people want him to bother with heroics before he can go to ICC and get epix.

Deleted
    I've been in this situation too and its fucking irritating. I managed to find a REALLY nice guild, and within a few days I've just about hit 5K

I have the same issue with GS and getting into raids. My GS is 5250 and still can't get into icc pugs. Not even my Kingslayer title (in a 10 man guild) is enough to get me into pug 25's.

i solved this with offset wrathful pieces (cloak, wrists,neck) , boe legs boots belt 264 (im druid) and 2x 245 pvp trinkets .. still ilvl 200 loot beats the pvp stuffs but you got to give the pugs what they want!
    also skipped 2set and 4set bonus and just went for gloves and 245 shoulder, chest..