Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kauno View Post
    maybe if u got some pvp items with a higher iLvl...

but ur sure u want to be in a raid with some gs retards?:P
    Thats exactly whats wrong about the "use" of GS
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

I once got kicked out of an pug for voa 25 wen i showed someone my pirate gear. The RL did a GS check just before we where going and it was like /wtfwaitwhat?

I usually go from 4.7-5.0 by joining Alt PuGs, or simply write that you know how to play, and you will show that you poon the shit out of everything. NOTEOnly works if you actually do know how to play)

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 10:36 AM ----------

[QUOTE=mrOWNED;8160253]I usually go from 4.7-5.0 by joining Alt PuGs, or simply write that you know how to play, and you will show that you poon the shit out of everything. NOTEOnly works if you actually do know how to play)

Well gearscore is just a new way to bully lowgeared people and dont go for the brainskills...

Tho Its sloppy to write Rogue 6109gs and get insta inv on the other side lolol
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

For pugs, Gearscore is a GODSEND. Generally gearscore is Fairly accurate. 4.5k-5k gs = barely ready for first 4, 5k-5.3k gs= ready for first 4+all 4 first wing bosses and rotface, 5.3k-5.5k is ready for 10/12, 5.5k-5.8k is ready for 12/12.
    These numbers are outdated with the 20% buff.

1. Buy 264 pieces (if you can afford it)
    2. Turn in honor for high GS pieces (yes they suck, but they get you into raids, sadly)
    3. Chain spam HCs and buy the items with the higest GS.
    This is why Gearscore is fail. I geared up my DK alt for tanking and was stuck at 4.9k for the longest time because I was using Black Heart. A good tank trinket before you can get the Frost badge one.

Also kind of funny to me I busted ass gearing him up. Heroic every day for frost. Weekly raid for frost. Finally got him to 5.3k GS(I think around there) and haven't raided with him since. Too much effort just to be allowed to deal with retards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    I think it's awesome that you tried to quantify 'epic fail' into an equation ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Zibi View Post
    1. Run more heroics, specifically ICC 5mans.

2. Bad troll is bad.
    Bad advice is bad. My DK tank is just over 4600 GS and there nothing at all I can get as an upgrade from any Heroic including the 5 mans. While yes there are a couple pieces with a higher ilvl they are in no way an upgrade. I'm 4/5 t9 and the plate in places like H HoR has shield block raiting on it making it useless. Starting tanking VoAs but that's all RNG. So past the point of 4500gs you simply can't rely on heroics any more.

To the OP, you are just going to have to start running raids yourself. Best thing to do is get a couple friends who will go with you, preferbly ones who can fill the important spots like Tanks and Heals. Raids who take ppl based off GS alone are fail anyways so you are better off taking the time to build a proper raid that can do more then zerg their way through a couple bosses. ToC 25 is probably a good place for upgrades at nearly 5k GS and shouldn't be too hard to fill as it still has some nice trinkets for a lot of classes.

All of this could be fixed though if the person who created GS would just fix hiw own add-on. Yes he takes the time to make it for free but it's become a crutch that's made a huge negative impact on the game. Quick and simple fix would be to lower the value of pvp items. Add in the ability to recognize when a certain piece of gear is not meant for a certain class, like SP or Stregnth gear on a Hunter. There are addons out there that already do that so it can't be that difficult to incorporate into GS.

When I do build a pug I sit in Dal make ppl come and get inspected. Which is how things you to be done before GS was created. I get trolled by a few ppl in Trade Chat ofcourse but I run one of the best pugs on the server. After a little time ppl started to learn that and it quiets the trolls and other ppl have even started to do the same thing. I just don't respond to tells with someone's GS as making the effort to get inspected also shows a little effort on their part to actually want to down the content.
    Last edited by Organoth; 2010-06-22 at 10:50 AM.

As a resto druid, you can solve your problem by getting the Wrathful cloak, necklace and bracers. They're actually better than or on par with anything you can get pre-ICC25. The only better necklace is from Marrow25, and the wrathful necklace is also better than the Emblem of Conquest one. Cloak, once again the only better thing is from Saurfang25 or Frost Emblems (which you should save for the Emblem of Frost chest piece). When it comes to bracers, there are many better BoEs, no doubt, but if you don't have money and PuGs don't let you roll on the Deathwhisper10 cloth bracers, it's your best option.

I'm not that familiar with gearing up a feral tank, but from what I can tell a lot of the PvP pieces are in fact better than the PvE ones because the T9 4-set bonus isn't that great. Do some Wintergrasp and look into the items you buy for the marks. If I remember correctly, the cloak and shoulders in particular are very good for tanking and have high iLevel too. Wrathful pieces are an obvious choice I think.

Your next best option is organizing your own raids. Assuming you know the boss tactics and are persistent enough to put up with PuG people, this is your best bet. It's also a great way of getting past the "link achievement for killing LK if you want into our Naxx10 PuG" phenomenon. Your raid, your rules.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello,

Seriously i can't believe people are still having this issue.

Right first off GS hating idiots - GS is a pug making tool it is there to make the pug leaders life a crap load easier and it works, it means theres alot more pugs about to gear up all your alts so stop bitching please.

Second! - GS loving space wasting prats - GS is a tool to help you out not the do all end all of playing wow, use it how it was supposed to be used and don't abuse it and it doesn't ruin the game for everyone else, so that when you come crying on here maybe someone somewhere might give 2 shits for a couple of seconds... but i doubt it.

OP - Right you can get 5.1k GS (or just under think its like 5078) from craftables i am working on my 4th ICC alt (i lub raiding so i have a lot of raiding alts) every one of my alts starts at 5.1k GS from day 1 of raiding if you can't get the craftables then stop posting cry posts on forums and go farm some gold to buy your shiny epix.

With the ICC buff if you wait until mon/tues on a half decent realm because your a healer or tank groups are likely to take you just tp get the group up.

Most groups will accept people at 5.1k GS unless your going for groups that are pushing for LK just use your common sense and you get gear.

Flob of Vashj

Quote Originally Posted by quack View Post
    hello community

ive been trying to gear up my alt for quiet some time now and its been a huge fail
    i have a 4.9kGS tree and 4.8kGS feral tank that cant get into raids therefore i cant get my epic pixels

any suggestions on how to beat this retarted addon and start getting gear ?

thanks in advance
    low gs, sry no advice

Quote Originally Posted by Ammikaameri View Post
    I've got all the emblem gear on my alt on other server, and still don't get in to raids.

The problem with gearscore is that it ignores skill, and even if you are mature and everything, and write a good message asking for inv, you get ignored if you have even 100 less GS than they ask. Having to change +124 int etc pally gem in to a druid manaregen gem just to get that GS to get inv made no sense whatsoever.

Whereareas a retard who has friends on a good guild has got the epic leftover gear to get high GS, but just totally sucks at playing. While gathering group, I look if the gear is decent and the player seems mature enough.

Some take ppl with 6k gearscore, even if they asked for inv like this "lol inv meee have 6kGS im rly good & i afk half the raid cuz im so fucking epic anyways lololo"

EDIT: Not saying GS is bad in everyway, just that it doesn't work as it should and it shouldn't be where the weight is when thinkin who to inv.

Having to buy worse gear just because it has more GS is pointless.
    To get 6k GS you need an average of 258 GS or something. You don't get that in pugs, or by being retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by quack View Post
    hello community

ive been trying to gear up my alt for quiet some time now and its been a huge fail
    i have a 4.9kGS tree and 4.8kGS feral tank that cant get into raids therefore i cant get my epic pixels

any suggestions on how to beat this retarted addon and start getting gear ?

thanks in advance
    Crack 5K w/ heroic/badge gear. Buy Wrathful bracers/Wrathful Back/relentless boots for tanking (check out BiS lists before you complain) Do VoA every week (do the fire AND ice guy, if pugs wont do it, make your own do fire first) Do older raids. Some great gear drops in Uld 10/25, hell paladins BiS trinket comes from Uld. 10 from Alagon (yes i know hard mode boss but you get the point.) Ony 10/25 is easy, cake walk as long as everyone listens, go get pugs for that. Do ToC 10/25.

You just hit 80, you are not entitled a week later to walk into ICC just because you want to there ARE things you can do to help yourself, stop acting like there aren't options between heroics and ICC, there are. ICC 5-mans and triumph badge gear doesn't cover every slot. Remember that cloth gear is a viable upgrade "But i cant roll on cloth gear in 5..." Premade group. Guild runs, friends. Either group with a clothie friend and have him roll on cloth stuff for you or full premade you can roll need on cloth.

Or.... Join a guild! and don't go "QQ Guilds wont have me!" There is some guild out there that will take you, fresh 80s need to stop trying to get into top of the server progression guilds rather than finding a guild thats not as far just to get raiding (Look for a guild thats something like 6/12 or 9/12 in icc10. They exist and will take you with your current gear level, took our holy pally to do the first wing when she hit 4.8k and she had no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammikaameri View Post
    Gearscore is really ruining the game. Nobody gives a shit whether you are experienced or not, just as you got over 5,5k gearscore.

Noticing the fact that on my servers there aren't any guilds that recruit players with less than 5,3k GS, and no guild before that, its pretty much impossible to get better gear as the 4,9-5,3k bracket is totally missing.

I've been forced to mix my dps and healing gear just to make my GS look better, or to use worse healing items just because they have more GS than the ones that are actually better for my class. Rofl.
    Gearscore is fine. People are the problem. Clearly you didn't play before the GS craze.

"LFM ICC10 link [Storming the Citadel 25] or no invites"
    "LFM ICC10 6k attack power, 4k spell power or 45k health minimum or no invites!"

This was no better.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    To get 6k GS you need an average of 258 GS or something. You don't get that in pugs, or by being retarded.
    Are you telling me its not possible to be carried in a 25?

"6058gs pally! (just dont tell anyone my brothers a guild leader so he carries me through everything!) LF ICC25!"
    Last edited by mrwingtipshoes; 2010-06-22 at 10:57 AM.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

How it goes for me:
    RL who asks for GS : Bad pug.
    RL who only asks for achi and a little talk: Good pug.
    Now I'm talking how many bosses we take, the smoothness, the way people are. And when first the GS jerks are away, it's a much better raid.

A good player can easily spot another good player by /inspect and compare achies.'

@OT: Forget about the GS jerks who asks for a ridicolous GS. GS tells shit as it is right now. People would rather cover themselves in 264 pvp items with resi than a 200 item with perfect (yet lower amount) stats.

Just tell them you don't use GS and see if they wanna inv you. Tell them you know the place and have done it plenty of times before. If it's a 25man, you only need to not fail and make it in top 10(if you are dps) and the RL won't see shit.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

@OT: Forget about the GS jerks who asks for a ridicolous GS. GS tells shit as it is right now. People would rather cover themselves in 264 pvp items with resi than a 200 item with perfect (yet lower amount) stats.
    Actually most 264 pieces are leaps and bounds better than iLevel 200 pieces unless you lose a substantial amount of hit or exp from the switch. If you're simply dropping ArP, haste, or crit in the switch to a 264 PvP piece you will, in most cases, gain a higher dps increase. This trend does not stop for a while either. This toons ret set had the wrathful bracer for the longest time because it was better than the next lowest thing he could get quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowiesh View Post
    How it goes for me:
    RL who asks for GS : Bad pug.
    RL who only asks for achi and a little talk: Good pug.
    Now I'm talking how many bosses we take, the smoothness, the way people are. And when first the GS jerks are away, it's a much better raid.
    It has nothing to do anout the addon, but the ones that use it. Asking only for GS = Bad RAID LEADER, and not necessarily pug.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes View Post

Are you telling me its not possible to be carried in a 25?

"6058gs pally! (just dont tell anyone my brothers a guild leader so he carries me through everything!) LF ICC25!"
    It's possible, but unlikely. And those guys do crap dps nomatter the gear, and if the RL is halfway competent he kicks him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowiesh View Post

First off; Lolwut? are you telling me that everyone should ignore pvp gear completely because of resi? really? So PVP piece has more Attack power/Crit/Agi but lacks hit. Im already hit capped so hit is worth 0. Bad players are ones that completely ignore some of their upgrade options because of a useless stat. Is a 251 set of bracers with spirit and upgrade from a 200 with out it for a holy paladin? The answer is yes. There are several pieces of mp5 gear that are upgrades for ele shamans over their leveling gear even if mp5 is uselss but by your comments on pvp gear they should skip over them and stay in blues and greens until something PERFECTLY itemized drops for them.

Second off your talking to a druid, a feral tank Please review the following site:

http://wowthinktank.blogspot.com/201...for-bears.html

This was published before wrathful was released.

Boots Relentless boots are #9 on the BiS list #13 are the only other ones obtainable outside of raids from H HoR

Belt #8 on the BiS list, #10 and 11 are the only other ones outside of raids one is a rather expensive crafted (the orbs still cost what 20 emblems a pop? so 100 emblems for boots.)

Bracers #9 are relentless but since wrathful are out they are #10 since Wrathful are #6! (Double check you can use Wowheads item database and use the preset feral tank weight)

So he should totally ignore these because of resil? REALLY?

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 11:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    It's possible, but unlikely. And those guys do crap dps nomatter the gear, and if the RL is halfway competent he kicks him anyway.
    I'll agree with you IF hes competent. I raid with my brother and my fiance, I've never had to bench my fiance (shes actually damn good) but I HAVE benched my brother twice. First time when we started ICC and he wasn't listening (IE not hitting the bone spikes) and second time for not being hit capped (Troll Ele shammy sitting at under 11% hit even with a Spriest thats not acceptable.)

Since he's become better, does great at target switching and knows what the hell hes doing gear wise because I made him learn before i took him back.

All that said, not all raid leaders are competent. Not all of them would bench their dad/brother/wife if they needed to.
    Last edited by mrwingtipshoes; 2010-06-22 at 11:26 AM.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Oh look, another GS thread.

How interesting
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Had someone once on my server as for 6k+ gs for naxx10 or not be invited. Needless to say, he got laughed in tradechat. Too funny!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gearscore will not go away because there is nothing wrong with it, nor does it go against any addon rules, and is based/calculated off of a number system that is already in game, item level.

If you dislike gearscore, it is most likely because of one of these reasons:

1. You were trying to get into a raid you weren't geared for. Shame on you. Do more heroics or Pug ToC 25. Someone asking for a high gs(5000+) for ToC? See #2.

2. Some idiot is asking for a score way higher than needed. Make your own raid. If you can't be asked to do that you are acting 'lazy' in a video game. There are usually plenty of people in the raid that have been there countless times who know what to do when, so having to manage the raid shouldn't be an issue had you been through the encounters a few times. Pugs are not there to teach you the fights, and flaming the guy in trade makes you look like a whining child.

3. Someone thinks an item is a direct upgrade on gearscore alone. Blame/inform the player, or find someone who knows their class well enough to make upgrade decisions through other means. New to the game? Don't PuG, find a guild. It's understandable that a new player would want to use gearscore for upgrades, but it's the job of the community/guild to point that player in the right direction for finding information. They should be expected to read and study their character, but it isn't always super easy to find said information, again, especially for someone new to the game.

4. Someone is forming a raid based solely on gearscore. This is no different from TBC or Vanilla, except they were asking for different things that could be easily attained through gear; such as Bonus Heals, Max HP, or DPS. The latter being unprovable to this day aside from just bringing them and finding out first hand. When you guys have a formula for figuring out how fast a person reacts, their connection speed, and how well they perform in a fight, tell Boub so he can put it on the front page. Elitist group is close, but is also another addon that should be used in addition with gearscore.

5. Any idiot can get a high gearscore. While this is true to an extent, if you do not have the gear, you will not progress far into the instance. I will take anyone over 5k gs into ICC Normal 10/25. With the added 15% buff, gearscore requirements should be going down. If you see someone asking for 5.5k GS+ they are usually looking for people who are geared enough to clear a bit in one night (as pugs rarely continue on another day,) which can be achieved easiest by... having higher itemized gear.

It is an awesome tool and has saved me countless minutes forming raid groups, successful raid groups. Not to mention the added /gs command that let's you browse their gear, which will tell you which spec their gear is currently best for.

Or just use it AND elitist group like I do (shows gems/enchants/gear type and if it fits their spec, was on MMO-Champs front page a while back.)

Don't blame the addon, blame those who abuse it on a regular basis.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    1.) Run the daily LFG every day: Emblems of Triumph + two Emblems of Frost (these add up).
    2.) Run the weekly. Even with a "low" GS (which isn't low for 'em, to be honest), you should be able to find a group.
    3.) Chain-run heroics for Emblems of Triumph (though it sounds like this might not help you anymore).
    4.) Buy BoEs (crafted or drops) off the AH: most classes/specs can get at least a few 245s or 264s to raise that gs. ToC patterns are relatively cheap, usually decently itemized, and will help bring that gs up.
    5.) Run VoA every week: you might get lucky. (I think I've had four drops total in VoA 10/25 since Wrath came out, across four characters... but somebody has to bring that average up.)
    6.) Since it's an alt, get someone who knows your main to let you in: they should know that you can play - assuming you can, of course .
    7.) For a while on my undergeared rogue, it was responding to ICC 25 runs with "Rogue. 11/12 on my main, not that far on this alt." (Note the complete lack of gearscore - use the standard sales technique of not giving extra information unless absolutely necessary.)

On a personal note, I dislike gearscore - it measures the wrong thing. A holy pally in full 264 leather DPS gear will have an awesome gs and be completely worthless. As other posters have said, don't gimp your stats for the gearscore: there are lots of other ways.