the last airbender

this is good a show has alot of fans including me. so anyone looking forward to the movie? or do you think its gonna be way off from the actual book/series? mind you this movie will be only about book 1, for those who dont know the movie will premiere in the US on july 1st.

15+ Year Old Account
    The kid bothers me a bit. The commercials don't give him many lines and he never friggin smiles.. you'd think they'd want to represent Aangs character in the commercials a bit better. Aside from that it looks great. I'm hoping it does good so the other books can be made into movies

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks amazing. But yeah, he doesn't really seem anything like Aang in the show.

I don't think I've ever seen an anime to movie that had actual Asians playing the parts =/

Tbh the "actor" playing Aang is most likely going to ruin it for me. He is some martial arts prodigy. Aang is a lovable, free spirit and I don't think the actor is going to capture that.

It seems like the movie went away from the anime style to more dark and serious. I'm hoping the movie is good but for people who like Avatar: The Last Airbender, I believe it is going to be very disappointing.

i havent seen much on Aang in the previews but what really i think will upset me is Sockka something tells me he wont be the comic relief in the movie as ive seen in the show.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. it could just be a badly directed trailer.. Not a single smile to be had

And there's a big campaign against the movie because the kid playing Aang isn't asian >.> Sadly they don't understand that even in a chinese inspired fantasy universe it's still not our earth, there is no chinese, black or white. And really in the cartoon Aang doesn't look chinese.. if anything the fire nation has a much larger asian theme.

That's what I have a slight issue with.. How can you have uncle Iro not be a wise old chinese man? I think they guy they casted doesn't even have the epic beard

I agree with the casting errors - how can they not have an old chinese/japanese uncle!? The trailer does look abit on the serious side whereas the animation was very light "feel good". I hope they have some humor and not all about the cool effects, the story and characters are what make the show.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2010 View Post
    I agree with the casting errors - how can they not have an old chinese/japanese uncle!? The trailer does look abit on the serious side whereas the animation was very light "feel good". I hope they have some humor and not all about the cool effects, the story and characters are what make the show.
    Same with Prince of Persia, and he pulled it off, for a video game movie. We may be surprised at the actor, but even more surprised at M. Night Shamaladingdong, but thank god it wont be as bad as The Happening...right?

15+ Year Old Account
    I liked the happening.. I can live without ever seeing it again but I liked it.. However lately I've been wanting to watch The Village again.

I can say im truely excited for this movie. I met the dude and girl that play sokka and Katara and got a little signed poster . Some strange things are that the slumdog millionare guy is Zuko (angsty speeches in an indian accent anyone?) and sokka is jasper from twilight. The whole time i watched twilight i couldnt help noticed that the guy look constipated the whole movie. So the casting calls are gonna be intresting. But special effects look amazing!!!

To be honest, because it was on a kids network, I never really watched it. But, I did find it fun to watch when I did. So, I'm not a true fan, but I did enjoy the show enough to have hopes for the film.

I'm trying not to be too hard on it before I see it,
    but it'll be hard not to be too picky.
    I'm really hoping it won't be a huge disappointment...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well most of the reviews are in and TLAB is a dud. Plus opening the same weekend as Eclipse, it was not going to see any business.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Rotten Tomatoes shat on it. And all the reviews I read say the same thing.. Stale Dialogue, Writing, Acting and it just rushed to the end. And it said the use of slow motion was way over used.

10+ Year Old Account
    M. Night has killed my hopes for the last time. He is no better than Uwe Boll now in my book. I WANT THEM BOTH DEAD! DEAD! I went into the theater like this. *Excited talking really fast* OH BOY I'M GOING TO SEE THE LAST AIR BENDER IT IS GOING TO BE SO COOL! IT IS SO SUPER AWESOME I'M GOING TO LOVE IT THE ANIMATED SHOW WAS SO GREAT I'M SURE THEY WON'T SCREW UP THE LIVE ACTION MOVIE AND... *Disappointed* Oh... *Then came the red haze of rage.* KILL!

15+ Year Old Account
    Locking this, since it's speculation and the movie's out. See here for the continued discussion:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nder-it-bombed.