Shots getting blocked?

After some months of break I came back to the game this week and noticed smth weird in ICC. On Lady Deathwhisper and on Sarufang some of my shots got blocked. Never seen that before so ofc I am curious why is that happening. It might be that my recount is outdated but doubt that is the cause.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see blocks alot while fighting prot wars in pvp. Not sure when it started but Shots can get blocked

The only thing that comes to my mind is that your character was shooting a tank while mind controlled on Lady.

it happens, all NPCs have a chance to block a static number(increases with their level) on a fairly low%. dont worry though the number for raid bosses right now is like 44 or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Recount didn't show blocked strikes before r1118, although they did exist. Working as intended I'd say.

From the official Recount Patch Notes:

r1118 | elsia | 2010-02-05 05:23:18 +0000 (Fri, 05 Feb 2010) | 2 lines
    Changed paths:
    M /trunk/Tracker.lua

- Annotate hits in the offensive details which also have a partial block associated with then. It will now look like this: Hit (Blocked)

Dont stand in front of Bosses, solved. Yes it happens, no it doesn't happen from the side or back.

I see now. Ty for responses.

I was leveling my 40 hunter yesterday.. and the oddest thing happened to me. My Arcane Shot was blocked. Isn't it magical damage? How can magical damage get blocked?
    Vol'jin Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vol'jin
    Ya will spend ya reign glancin' over ya shoulda and fearin' tha shadows, for when tha time comes and ya blood be slowly drainin' out, ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya heart.
    Where is your Garrosh now?

NO SMART FOR YOU

Shots can get blocked unless shot from behind or to someone under a stun/fear/horror etc effect, but usually any effect that comes with it endures (eg. MS of Aimed).

Quote Originally Posted by Zykothepsycho View Post
    I was leveling my 40 hunter yesterday.. and the oddest thing happened to me. My Arcane Shot was blocked. Isn't it magical damage? How can magical damage get blocked?
    the damage from the strike is arcane, its still not a "spell" though, thus it follows the rules of a normal shot. Its the same thing with Chim / Explosive shot.
    Alliance on Uldaman - Mortred, Traxex, Tarrasque, Kaldr, Shendelzare
    Horde on Draenor - Littleevil, Le, Xaladin, Smokingcrow.

All hunter shots exist as ranged physical attacks and are subject to mitigation. The damage some deal however is elemental or magical. Was done way back when to make Huntards rolling on spell power gear funny.

Blizzard and their sense of humor.

As far as I can remember, shots have always been blockable.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dodge- View Post
    All hunter shots exist as ranged physical attacks and are subject to mitigation. The damage some deal however is elemental or magical. Was done way back when to make Huntards rolling on spell power gear funny.
    A bit off topic, but Mend Pet used to scale quite well with +healing, back in TBC. A BM hunter in my guild had a set of restoration shaman gear that he used to pet tank/heal instances. He ended up with a rather impressive set of healing gear from raids, and outgeared a significant portion of the restoration shamans around...
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.