Race restrictions?

I've checked and haven't seen anything against them, but wanted to double check and see if there were any races we aren't allowed to roleplay as

Mostly every race in lore is playable. Personally I find it easier to play as one of the mortal races, with as little lore impact as possible. This may not be apparent from my characters, but I am currently working on my dwarf, who will have little to no impact on anything (at the 5th page of his history, gonna try to make something that rivals Mistress Elizabeths' story! )

Well, Draenei are still technically immortal... Does that mean you wouldn't play one of them?

You'll get the chance to rival it, I'll be stopping it in a couple of weeks.

As for the race restriction, if there is any I'd say being an internet troll or a godmodder is restricted. Everything else seems to be valid.

Heck there's someone that was RPing as one of those goblin slaves and there's right now a ghost.
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

Yea, technically, you can rp as anything that makes sense, but depending on your choice, you may lose respect with the other RPers.

Heh, yeah I just wanted to make sure I could bring my worgen Tandred in. I was originally going to use him as an in-game RP character, but I've recently determined in-game RP is not for me. Been working on his background since last fall, and I didn't want it to go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauroch View Post
    Heh, yeah I just wanted to make sure I could bring my worgen Tandred in. I was originally going to use him as an in-game RP character, but I've recently determined in-game RP is not for me. Been working on his background since last fall, and I didn't want it to go to waste.
    Great, I'm too planning on doing something with a Worgen, though I got a loooooooooooooong way till then.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first created Morrowdawn I had originially planned for him to catch the curse, but as more Worgen lore was revealed I decided that fallen paladin would fit him better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramore View Post
    When I first created Morrowdawn I had originially planned for him to catch the curse, but as more Worgen lore was revealed I decided that fallen paladin would fit him better.
    I wanted a Worgen Paladin since the race was announced, but once I realized they couldn't be paladins, I decided on a warrior worgen for when Cataclysm hits live.... If I start playing WoW again anyway....

Any race within warcraft lore is allowed. However, half-breeds must make sense to standing lore (No half tauren half high elves, for example.)

I should add that I count being a worgen as being a half-breed.

Essentially, keep it clean, with as little genetic disorder as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Essentially, keep it clean, with as little genetic disorder as possible.
    Unlike the son of a known lore figure who also happens to roll three classes with 71 talent points in each tree, and is barely a young boy....

How can stuff like that exist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we talking about the guy who made that brother Varian and adopted by deathwing that had traiing in about half the classes of WoW?

No we're talking about the son of an old man and an assassin that happens to be well versed in his three disciplines, even though a normal person mastering one of them would take all his life to do so.....

Lady of the Lore Syrra Coventry's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauroch View Post
    Nothing wrong with a Worgen... Syrra, over the course of her life, has slowly become one...

Well, I suppose not all that slowly, but...42+ years, so...

To be revealed in an upcoming episode, it was pretty much destined to be. "How?!" you may ask.

You'll just have to tune in to Call of the Wolf... *ducks shameless plug squashers*

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we making shameless plugs in this thread now? Awesome.

*pokes signature*