10+ Year Old Account

Actionbars and Duelspec

I use two action bars for my professions, mounts, ports (hearth stone, argent tournament tabbard, etc.), flasks and pots, and other miscellaneous items so I can get to them quick and easy. The buttons on those bars get changed out and re-arranged often, and that makes a pain to constantly fix both versions of the same action bar when I switch spec.

I currently use Bartender for my action bars, and is there a way to get Bartender not switch out certain bars when I change specs?
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Considering the basic wow ui does the exact same thing when you swap specs, I don't think so. Most UI mods just replace the bars that are already in the game with their own and are forced to operate in a similar fashion.

I may be incorrect though.

I've been using Bartender for the last couple years, and as far as I've found, there is no way to do that.

Not that I am aware of, but an approach I am working on for similar reasons is to have some bars set aside and likely going to be visible only on mouseover for non-combat abilities such as profession related, mounts, and similar.
    If they are set aside from the others it does make it easier to set them up, even between two specs.
    Otherwise consider maybe something like Opie which can bind a menu of options to a key, so irrespective of spec, you could say open a menu of your professions, or say selected mounts.
    Plus it has a nice side effect of reducing the number of buttons which need to be visible on screen, mouseover or not.

Deleted
    Duel = a prearranged combat between two persons, fought with deadly weapons according to an accepted code of procedure, esp. to settle a private quarrel.
    Dual = composed or consisting of two people, items, parts, etc., together; twofold; double

You learned something new today

OT: No, there isn't at present. I suggest making them identical, manually

Back before dual specs were introduced there was this amazing mod which I still use today, for my hybrid classes with three or more specs. It's called

ActionBarSaver2

and all you do is set your bars up how you want them and you can save that layout. For example, if you're currently a Feral Druid you can type /abs save feral then you can respec to Resto and setup your bars, then type /abs save resto once you go respec back to Feral you can then train all your spells again and type /abs restore feral and you'll get your feral setup without all the work of actually finding where you placed things.

Not only can you use this for multiple specs on a character, but if you tend to use a different bar layout for pvp, or a certain boss fight where you need an ability, you can save the bar layout for that and just type /abs restore pvp or whatever you want.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator