1. #1

    Core i7 950 to replace i7 930 in August

    Interesting read, bunch of Intel i5 and i7 price cuts. i7 950 will be priced at $294, taking the i7 930 price slot. Looks like the 930 will be going the way of the dodo soon.

    http://www.fudzilla.com/processors/p...p-below-us-300
    2x Intel Xeon 5680 12 Cores (2x6 Cores)@ 5.0ghz.* EVGA Classified SR-2 Motherboard.*Kingston Hyper-X 48gb(12x4gb) DDR3 1600.* 3x OCZ Colossus SSD 1.5gb (3x500gb) Raid 0.* 2x Enermax 1250W PSU. 4x EVGA GTX 480 Quad-SLI.* Samsung F3 1TB Storage Drive.* Custom Watercooled (EK 2xCPU/4xGPU Blocks, 2xMCP655 Pumps, 3xXSPC Dual Bay Reservoirs, 3x480 GTX Radiators, 24x Scythe GentleTyphoon AP15 Fans in Push/Pull).* 3x Dell 3008wfp 30" IPS Monitors.* ASUS Xonar D2X 7.1 PCIe

  2. #2
    well the cycle continues, im not suprised :P

  3. #3
    Warchief Dethh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,030
    I7 930's have been 200 bucks at micro center for months fyi.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    I7 930's have been 200 bucks at micro center for months fyi.
    and I'm sure the 950 will drop to that similar price in august too at microcenter. But everywhere else, the 930 is $270-$290. For the 20 or so people who live near a microcenter, thats an amazing deal .
    2x Intel Xeon 5680 12 Cores (2x6 Cores)@ 5.0ghz.* EVGA Classified SR-2 Motherboard.*Kingston Hyper-X 48gb(12x4gb) DDR3 1600.* 3x OCZ Colossus SSD 1.5gb (3x500gb) Raid 0.* 2x Enermax 1250W PSU. 4x EVGA GTX 480 Quad-SLI.* Samsung F3 1TB Storage Drive.* Custom Watercooled (EK 2xCPU/4xGPU Blocks, 2xMCP655 Pumps, 3xXSPC Dual Bay Reservoirs, 3x480 GTX Radiators, 24x Scythe GentleTyphoon AP15 Fans in Push/Pull).* 3x Dell 3008wfp 30" IPS Monitors.* ASUS Xonar D2X 7.1 PCIe

  5. #5
    Warchief Dethh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiran View Post
    and I'm sure the 950 will drop to that similar price in august too at microcenter. But everywhere else, the 930 is $270-$290. For the 20 or so people who live near a microcenter, thats an amazing deal .


    "Welcome to Micro Center: 23 Locations Nationwide"

    Your math is flawed your starting variable should be at least 23 people :P.

    No but seriously they have 23 stores nationwide in the chance one is to far a friend,family member ,guildy (if you really trust them) could buy it and ship it to you. I bought the same chip for my guild master from there and he saved like 80 bucks or something.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    "Welcome to Micro Center: 23 Locations Nationwide"

    Your math is flawed your starting variable should be at least 23 people :P.

    No but seriously they have 23 stores nationwide in the chance one is to far a friend,family member ,guildy (if you really trust them) could buy it and ship it to you. I bought the same chip for my guild master from there and he saved like 80 bucks or something.
    most comp websites dont take the mc price as the standard since they are a very small franchise. But their prices do rock. Plus my sarcasm must've escaped you

    But if thats the case, if youre in a guild thats 11/12 ICC 25 hm, and need a good DK like myself, sign me up. I'd love to have you parts run for me
    2x Intel Xeon 5680 12 Cores (2x6 Cores)@ 5.0ghz.* EVGA Classified SR-2 Motherboard.*Kingston Hyper-X 48gb(12x4gb) DDR3 1600.* 3x OCZ Colossus SSD 1.5gb (3x500gb) Raid 0.* 2x Enermax 1250W PSU. 4x EVGA GTX 480 Quad-SLI.* Samsung F3 1TB Storage Drive.* Custom Watercooled (EK 2xCPU/4xGPU Blocks, 2xMCP655 Pumps, 3xXSPC Dual Bay Reservoirs, 3x480 GTX Radiators, 24x Scythe GentleTyphoon AP15 Fans in Push/Pull).* 3x Dell 3008wfp 30" IPS Monitors.* ASUS Xonar D2X 7.1 PCIe

  7. #7
    so when should I wait until if I'm planning to build an i5 system? or should I just build an i7 system?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by awebz View Post
    so when should I wait until if I'm planning to build an i5 system? or should I just build an i7 system?
    August is when intel is doing price adjustments. The main advantage of the i7 950 and the i7 930 is the 950 has a higher standard multiplier.
    2x Intel Xeon 5680 12 Cores (2x6 Cores)@ 5.0ghz.* EVGA Classified SR-2 Motherboard.*Kingston Hyper-X 48gb(12x4gb) DDR3 1600.* 3x OCZ Colossus SSD 1.5gb (3x500gb) Raid 0.* 2x Enermax 1250W PSU. 4x EVGA GTX 480 Quad-SLI.* Samsung F3 1TB Storage Drive.* Custom Watercooled (EK 2xCPU/4xGPU Blocks, 2xMCP655 Pumps, 3xXSPC Dual Bay Reservoirs, 3x480 GTX Radiators, 24x Scythe GentleTyphoon AP15 Fans in Push/Pull).* 3x Dell 3008wfp 30" IPS Monitors.* ASUS Xonar D2X 7.1 PCIe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •