Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    why argue

his model aka the lines and shape are the same or 99% simular to the rest o the dragons

his skin is unique until cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mines bigger View Post
    I think more work should be put into the dragons like Halion. They all look the exact same, just a different color. It gets boring as hell.
    Halion is a different model from any other Dragon in the game. By your standards, all the breeds of dogs look the same, are just colored differently.

---------- Post added 06-23-2010 at 06:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    why argue

his model aka the lines and shape are the same or 99% simular to the rest o the dragons

his skin is unique until cata
    Of course the "lines and shape" are the same or similar because dragons are of the same race. They aren't all unique snow flakes, they have slight differences. If you don't want to fight a dragon, ask for a pony instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    They all still generally look the same. Im talking about seeing a difference in every dragon. And when i say that I am saying look at Deathwing and Alextrasza. They both look really badass. I would just love to see that kind of difference in there models
    Yeah I read somewhere - maybe wowwiki that Alexstraza, Deathwing, and Malygos have unique dragon forms.

I'm assuming since they also stated Ysera and Nozdormu are currently "place-holders" IG they'll get renovations eventually. Cata maybe? Later expansions?

Didn't Onyxia and Nefarion have unique models? I could be wrong.

One I wish would get an update is Kraus. Granted his big in books and not really in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    all the dragons have the same model

not all of them have the same skin

i mean bloodboil uses the same model as lotheb (as seen in the emotes he does ans posture) but they obviously have diff skins

10+ Year Old Account
    They all still generally look the same. Im talking about seeing a difference in every dragon. And when i say that I am saying look at Deathwing and Alextrasza. They both look really badass. I would just love to see that kind of difference in there models
    You're comparing the heads of the dragonflights, the ASPECTS themselves to their mere underlings? Even the most esteemed consort of an aspect is nothing in power to any of the aspects themselves. One could argue that all dragons are of the same race, but looking at their lifetimes, the aspects are millenia older than their oldest consort, and progenitors of a race rarely look like their descendants. Also Deathwing looks different because after his body was destroyed by the demon soul he had metal plates hammered into his hide to hold him together.

To all who need a lesson:

Model- Term used to tell the 3d shape it is supposed to represent. Also called a mesh in other games and programs; Examples are Bodies (ofc), Horns, Other features that do not deal with color or texture.

Skin- No not this skin off of its back!...Think of it more like a texture; Examples Parts of the body colored to look like scales, or the underwear your toon has on when naked dancing in goldshire with the rest of the heathens.

Color- Only deals with whether something is Red, Blue, Green, etc.; Examples...i am holding a red lighter and a blue lighter the only difference is the color.

These overused models you speak of- Non existent except in trash. Texture and color yes but almost every boss uses a unique model. Some may be unique only in the sense that it was scaled up to be larger.

If you disagree with this- Bash your head on your keyboard you moronic dunce. I mess around in 3dsmax, and photo shop way to much. I may not be the best but these are the differences that most of you cannot seem to grasp onto. These are the basics. The only overused thing about blizzard's in game models is the laziness which they are thrown together with.

-Edit-

Knowledge FTW!!!!

-Edit 2-

i755.photobucket. com/albums/xx200/Ikekudeyg/untextured.png Example of a model without texture...its bad i know but I spent about a half hour making it extra crappy just for this site ...says i can't post images until i have posted a few times. Don't be like blizzard...don't be lazy...enter the link yourself. I just randomly picked 2 shapes and wound up with this.
    Last edited by ikekudeyg; 2010-06-23 at 07:27 AM. Reason: fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ikekudeyg View Post
    To all who need a lesson:

Model- Term used to tell the 3d shape it is supposed to represent. Also called a mesh in other games and programs; Examples are Bodies (ofc), Horns, Other features that do not deal with color or texture.

Skin- No not this skin off of its back!...Think of it more like a texture; Examples Parts of the body colored to look like scales, or the underwear your toon has on when naked dancing in goldshire with the rest of the heathens.

Color- Only deals with whether something is Red, Blue, Green, etc.; Examples...i am holding a red lighter and a blue lighter the only difference is the color.

These overused models you speak of- Non existent except in trash. Texture and color yes but almost every boss uses a unique model. Some may be unique only in the sense that it was scaled up to be larger.

If you disagree with this- Bash your head on your keyboard you moronic dunce. I mess around in 3dsmax, and photo shop way to much. I may not be the best but these are the differences that most of you cannot seem to grasp onto. These are the basics. The only overused thing about blizzard's in game models is the laziness which they are thrown together with.

-Edit-

Knowledge FTW!!!!
    I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibi View Post
    I love you.
    I'm editing again with a quick picture showing an untextured model. But thanks lol.

-Edit-

Deleted the one I was going to show a while ago forgot I did...Time to make it again lol...Start counting...Now!
    Last edited by ikekudeyg; 2010-06-23 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Stupidity FTL!

Nef and Onyxia share SIMILAR Models, but they are different. Lady Sinestra shares her model with Onyxia, but we see her for like 30 seconds in dragon form. Aeonis has a unique model. Ysera shares her model with Korialastrasz and Nozdormu. Eranikus, Emeriss, Sarth, Vaelstrasz, and Valithria all share the same model (with most of the non-boss dragons), Cyanigosa has her own, and Kalecgos has its own model. Felmyst has its own, Madrigosa shares her model with Azuregos, Lethon and Ysondre share models, Malygos, Keristraza, Nightbane and Alexstraza all have their own models as well. Taerar and Netherspite share, Anachronos and Zaladormu share, Veraku and Dreadwing have their shared model. The rest are non-named dragons, but thats a rather large number of unique dragon models. Lets not forget Halion has his own unique model. Its not a reskin either, its a straight up new model. Of course most dragons are gonna look similar, they have no reason to make brand new models for every dragon when they can just reskin them.
    Last edited by drukai; 2010-06-23 at 06:52 AM.

Here is something I just noticed. Why in the frozen hell of Arthas's toilet is this in the cataclysm section? Curious as Its about 3.3.5 content not 4.x content last I checked...is mentioning Deathwing all it takes to be considered cataclysm content?

OT: Deathwing's jaw is actually a reused model...They got it from Jay Leno!!!
    Last edited by ikekudeyg; 2010-06-23 at 07:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ikekudeyg View Post
    I'm editing again with a quick picture showing an untextured model. But thanks lol.

-Edit-

Deleted the one I was going to show a while ago forgot I did...Time to make it again lol...Start counting...Now!
    Bed-time, PM me when you post it.