Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    I just threw fifty cents off my 4th floor balcony. You are welcome to go pick it up to pay for your lost day of play time.
    I lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Veganinja View Post
    I don't know why people have to complain about maintenance, I doubt very many of you have worked on even a smaller network. Sometimes you can't just upload something to a system and call it a day, there is a lot that can go wrong, and I find it sill to say that Blizzard should credit us because we miss out on a few hours of playing a video game. They are implementing features, which is what you are paying for. You are paying people to add new features to this game, and keep it running as much as possible, and even working hard to bring it back up if something goes awry. If you really think that Blizzard isn't doing their job, I suggest getting an IT job and seeing how much of a pain in the ass it can be.
    bolded and underlined.

I love these days not only for the people who think blizzard will give them credit but also for the droves of blizzard fanbois who crawl out of the woodwork to defend their precious blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by jereminion View Post
    i agree..there are so many sheep on this forum who think its necessary to have 17 hours just to put a patch him. it should be a crime for companies to make contracts that say 'we can do anything we want and you cant sue' because right now they are doing a crappy job maintaining their servers. cant believe people defend a company that takes such advantage of them
    You are truly daft if you think that all patches, updates, and bug fixes are quick implementations. If you worked IT you'd understand this, and you'd see how ignorant typical users such as yourself are. Even in a small server farm of 10-15 servers, you can expect to see maintenance and server upgrades done that take overnight work from admins. Some upgrades take an entire weekend (or, in WoW's case, a Tuesday, the closest to non-business hours that they can coordinate). It's commendable that Blizzard can apply updates as quickly as they usually do (even when it takes longer than anticipated) given that they're applying them to server farms that are accessed by an insurmountable number of users.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure they allready changed the eula to include that you accept these days may come up.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about the money, it's about the principal. We paid for 30 days of play and we only got 29. And to those saying "it's only a few hours." Well, not all of WoW players can spare 12 hours a day to play WoW, some of us have a job and a life and can only accommodate a specific amount of time on a specific time slot to play this game.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Back when I played in Vanilla, I remember them crediting time... I think it was only for extended and/or emergency downtime. Of course there was a LOT less people.
    Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    other shaman are in a sort of relationship with the elements.
    Goblins are more like rapists...

not this shit again. You clearly are an idiot, please stop talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    I just threw fifty cents off my 4th floor balcony. You are welcome to go pick it up to pay for your lost day of play time.

Aww man, you can't even buy a can of coke with that anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Lets see they force a patch on us that is introducing a huge security issue as well as multiple new bugs and a instance with voice acting that would make Keano reaves cringe.

On top of that that total downtime for this atrocity of a patch has already been 14 hours.

Of course when the servers finally do come back up the authentication server will crash because blizzard hardware cannot handle 11 million players trying to log on at the same time, not to mention when we do finally get logged back in we will be forced to contend with hellish lag and multiple server restarts.

They have given us a free day of play for much less.
    I'm assuming the 'huge security issue' you're talking about is the 100% optional Real ID feature, the entire point of which is primarily to be shared only with people you trust.
    Also I like Halion's voice, to hell with you.

Let's think about what asking Blizzard to credit a day to our account is really asking: you are demanding, angrily, that Blizzard gives you your 49 cents back.

49 cents.

$0.49 USD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by suspendedstasis View Post
    Would you rather them take 4 hours and have the servers crash for days on end?
    Pretty much this. Losing out on a day like this every now and then is better than having the servers constantly going down.

Quote Originally Posted by gerni View Post
    bolded and underlined.
    I concur. People take for granted how hard it is to keep a system up and running and the second it's down they flip out like it's the worst thing in the world.

They used to give credit.

Blizzard will usually charge your card one day later then they normally would to make up for the down time

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Lets see they force a patch on us that is introducing a huge security issue as well as multiple new bugs and a instance with voice acting that would make Keano reaves cringe.

On top of that that total downtime for this atrocity of a patch has already been 14 hours.

Of course when the servers finally do come back up the authentication server will crash because blizzard hardware cannot handle 11 million players trying to log on at the same time, not to mention when we do finally get logged back in we will be forced to contend with hellish lag and multiple server restarts.

They have given us a free day of play for much less.
    You do know that not all 11 million people log on at the same time and are on at the same exact moment every day right? It's not even half that number that are online at once most of the time. Only times you have that problem are on major patch nights with tiers of content, remember ToC, epic gems, alot of new shit. That was when alot of people were on, something as petty as a filler raid isn't going to magically make 11 million people wake up tonight in a sweat thinking they need to log on and kill some dragonz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jereminion View Post
    i agree..there are so many sheep on this forum who think its necessary to have 17 hours just to put a patch him. it should be a crime for companies to make contracts that say 'we can do anything we want and you cant sue' because right now they are doing a crappy job maintaining their servers. cant believe people defend a company that takes such advantage of them
    Can't believe people like you are aware of how badly they've been suckered, but still sign that contract anyway, brah.

10+ Year Old Account
    servers down for more time? oh well, RETURN TO MAH PLAYINS OF ROMS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    I concur. People take for granted how hard it is to keep a system up and running and the second it's down they flip out like it's the worst thing in the world.
    LOL, maybe if it didn't happen EVERY SINGLE content patch people wouldn't be upset...or why doesn't blizzard just say servers will be down for the day instead of the constant 1 hour increments of "we are still experiencing issues".

I don't want compensation, I just wish they wouldn't constantly change their time period for it. They know with big patches like this that its gonna take extra time, I would rather see them over estimate the downtime then keep adding more time 1 hour at a time so you just keep coming back to your computer thinking maybe now its done. Estimate from 3 am to like 8 pm. Would make it so they seem less bewildered by their patches and allow people who could be doing other things to do other things and not feel like their missing something. Especially for us tards who plan to raid on tuesdays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, from some of your replies you didn't bother to read my post where I specifically said that I DON'T MIND THE WASTED DAY. So all of your "wuld u rather da game crash 4 days" argument is moot. I just think that they should not charge us for this day. Some of you kids living off daddy's credit card throwing 50 cents out of your windows randomly won't understand what it's like to worry about paying your college loans and graduate loans until you live through it.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2010-06-22 at 11:47 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama