Page 1 of 2
LastLast

You can see other peoples REAL names with Real IDs without being there friend.

Lets say your name is Paul and you have a real life friend name Dave.

If you add him over battle.net, ANY of Daves friends can now look at Daves friend list and see your full Real Life name. So yeah, no more of this argument how it's not dumb that you can't hide your personal information using Real ID, because they don't even TELL YOU about this exposure, it's just fucking there.

Fuck. I just want to be able to talk to people on other servers, other toons, other games. I don't want there fucking Last name you stupid fucking company.

---------- Post added 06-23-2010 at 05:03 AM ----------

Incase you don't know how, right click someone your Real ID friends and click "View Friends". Fucking Stupid.
    Last edited by Rurikar; 2010-06-23 at 05:04 AM.

u sure they can see other peoples friends list? that seems dumb and un necisarry... cuz we never could before

Real ID is only for people you are real friends with. Hence the name. Seriously, your post is like joining facebook and complaining that your friends can see your name or pictures. If you don't want real names than don't become real friends, its that simple.

As for friends of friends, seriously, it is just a name. You can't see email addresses or any other info.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

They Def need an invis mode, too. who in the world plays wow and wants to be seen 100% of the time. I mean what are the first few level of alts for? Funsies. I think not!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    Real ID is only for people you are real friends with. Hence the name. Seriously, your post is like joining facebook and complaining that your friends can see your name or pictures. If you don't want real names than don't become real friends, its that simple.

he's talking about adding RL friends and them friending someone else and they being able to see YOUR NAME on his friends list. Some people don't want full names out. It's not a big deal to you maybe, but to others, yea.

So you just see mages running up to the boss going "AGGHHH"
    and everyone else being like, "What.. what are you doing?"
    "CDS UP BRO DONT WORRY, AHHHPEWPEWPEPEW"

They actually added a facebook feature to SC2 before the first phase of beta ended. It makes me both uneasy and a little mad.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you embarrassed by your name? Do you have exposing Facebook pictures and you forgot to hide your account? Are you Barack Obama?

Seriously... I hate how distrusting society is these days -- and insecure. If you're not COMPLETELY SAFE, all hell will fly through your window... goodness
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

10+ Year Old Account
    think of it like this. RealID is like Facebook. You find a friend and request to be their friend. You can put status updates. And view their friends. Do you have mutual friends? Wanna see all their friends? Maybe you know one of them?

Simple as that. You have the choice to give someone your e-mail. You have the choice to accept/deny/defriend and so on.

You're giving your email out to someone. Who cares if they can see your last name. It's not the end of the world.

Omg no people are gonna know my name is Nicolas! Shit shit shit.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Orumis View Post
    Are you embarrassed by your name? Do you have exposing Facebook pictures and you forgot to hide your account? Are you Barack Obama?

Seriously... I hate how distrusting society is these days -- and insecure. If you're not COMPLETELY SAFE, all hell will fly through your window... goodness
    It's not the persons name, it's the fact that people they have no clue of can find out their name. It's the piece of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Orumis View Post
    Are you Barack Obama?
    No...no, of course not. That would be silly....
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malorajan View Post
    It's not the persons name, it's the fact that people they have no clue of can find out their name. It's the piece of mind.
    If you have a facebook account you are under the exact same exposure, if that.

Do you know how many people have the same name as you? First AND Last (unless it's something bizarre...)?
    [You can check for U.S. statistics at www.wolframalpha.com]
    A peace of mind that shouldn't exist but it is created by society to get our money, actually.
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

sup guys Adam Hieronymus reporting in.

Quote Originally Posted by Malorajan View Post
    not really, all they find out is thier friend is friends with a person named dave, they don't know who dave is or what his characters are, unless dave accepts thier friend request as well.

You guys know that you can just add the character name if you dont want them on your real id friends list so they cant see your name email or your other realid friends ps caps lock and run on sentences are cool brah

15+ Year Old Account
    I only use this feature with people with whom I already knew their email address and full name anyway.
    If you PuG with me, and we get along, its conventional friends list only. So I don't care about that, but I do think being able to view my other friends friends is a bit much. Yes, its like facebook, but this isn't facebook. Overall I'm happy with it, but I agree, I'd like an invisible mode. Sometimes I like to play an alt and just decompress.

yup that creepy stalker dude is gonna track down dave jones or even dave smith... you might wanna be careful... Even i have a common last name and it's Ciampaglia and thats italian.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Aygirl View Post
    You guys know that you can just add the character name if you dont want them on your real id friends list so they cant see your name email or your other realid friends ps caps lock and run on sentences are cool brah
    You realize that if you're realid friends with even 1 person, all of that persons realid friends can see YOUR name. that's what the OP is talking about.

if your scared about this shit why go on vent? anyone who cares about it can get your home adress if you log on vent does that scare you?

Quote Originally Posted by Allìus View Post
    if your scared about this shit why go on vent? anyone who cares about it can get your home adress if you log on vent does that scare you?
    Since when?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurikar View Post
    Lets say your name is Paul and you have a real life friend name Dave.

If you add him over battle.net, ANY of Daves friends can now look at Daves friend list and see your full Real Life name. So yeah, no more of this argument how it's not dumb that you can't hide your personal information using Real ID, because they don't even TELL YOU about this exposure, it's just fucking there.

Fuck. I just want to be able to talk to people on other servers, other toons, other games. I don't want there fucking Last name you stupid fucking company.

---------- Post added 06-23-2010 at 05:03 AM ----------

Incase you don't know how, right click someone your Real ID friends and click "View Friends". Fucking Stupid.
    Yeah, and when you look at "Dave's" friend list and see he has a friend named "Paul" what does that do? It doesn't tell you their character names, doesn't tell you if they're online or their email, it just says he has a friend named "Paul" ZOMG YOU HAVE A FRIEND NAMED PAUL DAVE!?