Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

25%buff=Moar Casuals!? NOOOOOO!

Seriously how does the new 25% buff in ICC hurt the game? In fact, what's the difference between casual and hardcore anymore? The game difficulty has been pretty tame for most of WOTLK with the exception of the LK in ICC in its 1st couple of weeks. I dunno, all i hear is lots of crying about how everyone has high end gear, thats stupid, the more people that have decent gear the more likely guilds/pugs can fill spots in their raids. I mean whats the point of this game if only 200 raids are completing the highest level of content!??! does that make them special? I really want to hear from the "hardcore" players on this since they obviously have the most to lose.

Who are you talking to?
    Gear Score is the Jonas Brothers of World of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard said they are taking it up to 30% IDK why people are shocked when it goes up.

Hush, this buff is just so alot of people can experience ICC already. Blizzard just wants to finish Wrath as quick as possible so they can start introducing Cataclysm (i.e Zalazane's fall)

Sigh.... nobody is going to lose anything with this. I bet the OPs raid runs with the buff even though they're 'hardcore'.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Judging by your time played, I'm not sure you know what outside looks like, let alone school :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pillowpants View Post
    Sigh.... nobody is going to lose anything with this. I bet the OPs raid runs with the buff even though they're 'hardcore'.....
    I think he's actually defending it, but if he were writing in English, it would be easier to understand.

I'll tell u what i feel about this QQing by giving one example that i noticed from a friend of mine, who is one casual fail player (imo) back at TBC, lvl 70

He QQed to his guild to carry him in BT sooo much, that one day they did carry him
    and he got a few nice looking epics
    then for some reason, he started to flame all other guys who did not had said items
    or better, and he was all like he was a hardcore raider with best of epics and everyone else was trash.

nowdays with the ICC buff, he only got like 8/12 untill 20% buff came out
    then he got carried (paid like 15k) for some guys to get his KingSlayer tittle.

the difference is, when he was a bad player with no help for the casuals, once he got the content done, he started to think he was good

now with the ICC buff, casuals are getting the same stuff as he is, but they get it for free cuz the buff its kinda overpowered, and he had to paid to get his tittle.

so anyways, good players will always welcome the buff, because they will be out after the first World Kill, anyone who QQs about it, are bad players or angry casuals cuz everyone has the same equips they paid for (by rushing i mean)

So everyone does enjoy and use the ICC Buff, if a said group of friends want to try the content the way it was, they will just talk to Hellscream / Wrynn and get the buff off

Casuals will park in Icc10/25 gear, like i am, HardCores will get full ilvl277 from ICC25 Hard Modes, and bad QQers players will still pay for rushes.
    Last edited by WindFurie; 2010-06-23 at 05:37 AM.
    English is my 3rd language. please do fogive any mistakes.
    Elemental Shaman Guild Master of Exile, Azralon - US

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsy View Post
    Blizzard said they are taking it up to 30% IDK why people are shocked when it goes up.
    lol I know! We've known from the start, yet every month people are screaming "OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'VE NERFED ICC" makes me smile.

Personally the only downside I see is that people end up with an over inflated sense of self, you say to someone how much dps do you do? and they say 10k, which means that they only do 7 outside of ICC, there's going to be some wake up calls come Ruby Sanctum.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsy View Post
    personally I think it would be funny as hell if after the 30% buff goes live a month later we see it jump to 50% or some crazy number.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WindFurie View Post
    nowdays with the ICC buff, he only got like 8/12 untill 20% buff came out
    then he got carried (paid like 15k) for some guys to get his KingSlayer tittle.
    I seriously lolled about someone paying for that title

Omg raids will be easy.25 icc hardmode farm will be done by casual guilds... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

And done

Quote Originally Posted by Roker View Post
    I seriously lolled about someone paying for that title
    inorite...

I agree with the OP, there's nothing wrong with more people downing content. If you are butthurt about not being special because everyone has KS now, go get BotFK or light of dawn. If you cant kill heroic LK, then suck it up and shove a sock in it.

The only thing that annoys me is that the higher the buff gets the less important strats and awareness become. I intentionally ate a malleable goo explosion (and lived) on heroic PP today to prove a point. That's just sad.

This 25% buff realy does not matter to me, i mean, people have jobs to go to and dont want to spend every weekend trying to kill Lichy and wasting there time etc.

I think this buff will help alot of casuals find the game more interesting.
    For the rest - The Kingslayer title isnt that special to be honest >.< even though i dont have it lolfail xD

Who cares? IF every one can see the end content. ITs more fun for them and why would you spoil it?

Heroic LK will still be hard, H Saurfang's adds will still 1 shot most of you, H Sindragosa's frost bolt will still 1 shot you if your in LoS, H Deathwhisper's ghosts will still hit hurt and can still kill your raid.

Point is, buff or not, you still can't be completely horrible for most of the fights in H ICC. As for normal ICC, well it's officially for casuals anyway because any guild that doesn't have attendance problems is has finished it.
    To be honest, it's time they add Frost emblems to heroics... any guild that raids is in 277 gear anyway, and my alts want 4P T10 >.<

farm bosses goes down faster.. i dont se anything wrong with this...

gear =/= skill. The sooner OP realizes this, the better off the game will be. So what if someone is running around, or a lot of people are running around in great gear. Who really cares? I don't sit idly by in Dalaran shaking my head at people thinking 'how the fuck did they get gear?'. I don't care. I play the game to have fun, I raid to have fun, I raid to progress. How anyone else is progressing has no bearing on my skill, my style of play, or my ability to do whatever raiding task is set before me.

basic bottom line, 15%=30% doesn't really matter. People who could get hmLK25 down regardless of whichever buff, it's that simple. Buff at this point just doesn't matter. Your guild either has the ability at this point or they don't.

If you couldn't kill him at 10-15%, dont think much will change until 30% for most people, as LK is mainly about positioning and cooldowns.
    www.scrubbusters.com/ Currently World 12th 6/6hc
    ★★★twitch.tv/hyperia★★★ - Weekly raiding blog.

If you dont call yourself Casual with 20% buff then... Its fun to see how every once in a month 1 of these thread pops 5% nooo 10% noooo! 15% nooo... (see what I did there)

ah well Doubt 5% more is gonna make a difference to casuality anyway.