Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hi there, I consider myself a fairly hardcore player. I lose ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from this buff because, hey, holy shit, if a casual player, or hell, even a BAD player (my god, there's a difference!) gets gear, guess what, it doesn't matter, because I'm not raiding with them anyways!

Imagine that. OP, stop giving a crap about what people you don't raid with are able to do, for some casual guilds, the huge buff means that they may finally have a chance to kill LK or something. The buff still isn't going to allow casual guilds to faceroll their way to HC LK, or even 11/12 HC, if that far. If you're a hardcore player, then you already killed him a long time ago anyways.

Edit: upon rereading the OP's post, I can't actually figure out what he is crying about, exactly.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2010-06-23 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Confusion

why does this pop up every month? WHY GOD DAMMIT

Even if the buff was a 50% increase, most of the casuals would not be able to complete 12/12 HC. Simply because HC is very unforgiving and if you make a mistake, boom you're dead.

I disagree with you, OP. The 5% buff is massive and will surely let a guild that can barely get past phase 1 suddenly go to phase 3 on their first try because they had 5% more 1337 sauce.

Personally, I remember people on my server who couldn't down Saurfang on 10 man but suddenly downed up to Lich King with the 5% buff because it made such a big difference. To this day there are many guilds on my server that have downed the Lich King.

(c wut i did thar?)
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Halabash View Post
    In fact, what's the difference between casual and hardcore anymore?
    The main difference is that hardcore players still take the game too seriously. It has been true since vanilla and I'm sure it will continue when Cataclysm is here.

I really want to hear from the "hardcore" players on this since they obviously have the most to lose.
    The "hardcore" people (and "casuals" too actually) have already cleared ICC so why should they care if anyone else clears it 2-3 months down the line?

It’s the same shit every time. Once a month the wannabe Hardcore come out and start whining. Just go ahead and cry about the 30% Buff aswell so we don’t have to go through all this shit again next month.

If you want a Challange convince your RL to turn the Buff of. We tried it for 1 Week and were suprised at how everything suddenly felt a lot „unforgiving“ since the biggest benefit (imho) ist he HP increase for all the non Tank players. 20K Dmg don’t realy bother me if I have around 40k.
    Remeber Kid‘s: As long as people have same delusion they are not crazy, they're are a „religion“.

Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    Personally the only downside I see is that people end up with an over inflated sense of self, you say to someone how much dps do you do? and they say 10k, which means that they only do 7 outside of ICC, there's going to be some wake up calls come Ruby Sanctum.
    My thoughts exactly! |-)

So, this will mean what? You're craptastic 'Need 5.5k GS' trade pug will be aiming for 7/12 instead of 6/12? bad players will still be bad, and even with a 100% buff they will not be able to get far in ICC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceyara View Post
    If you couldn't kill him at 10-15%, dont think much will change until 30% for most people, as LK is mainly about positioning and cooldowns.
    completely agree i think the buff is there to help casual raiders reach then end game content but there are somefights such as LK where its the smoothness of tactics that relies on the kill/wipe and the buff i can see as not so helpful there as u may see someone " ooh i am doing 13k DPS " yh but they have been standing in defile for 5 seconds and wiped the raid

healing wise and i can see it as abit too powerful but hey thats life
    Your speaker volume BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU!

We (The guild I am in) got the Kingslayer title ages ago - I think the buff was at 10%. If we hadn't of had that buff, I 'll bet it would have taken maybe a week or so longer to iron out mistakes. The point is that the buff in many cases will not iron out those mistakes of players which would otherwise lack the skill, but instead compensates for their mistakes.

Consequently, there is often (but not always) less skill, effort, and even gear necessary to ‘achieve’ what the other guilds did with a lesser, or indeed, no buff. The objection to the buff regards the idea of deserving the item, or not. Is you having that item warranted by skill, or by having something to compensate your lack there of?

It is not that these people object to casual players. It is that they object to casual players being carried by an artificial buff. Especially so, when they receive almost equal rewards as the players which do possess the skill.

Most people will tell you that a 5.7k GS is necessary to down the LK. I was at 5.5k and so were most of my guild when we downed him. One guy was at 4.9k. Skill > Gear.

Don't care that much, putricide, sindragosa lady gaga and arthas HM are a huge pain in the ass even with a 30% buff. If you don't know how to play you'll still die.

Edit: buff not debuff ^^
    Last edited by Brince; 2010-06-23 at 08:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have Kingslayer and I'm in no rush to get it. Everyone runs around with that title nowadays; hell I use the LOL "Jenkins" title because it's more scarce than KS. KS, of the Nightfall, and the Patient are like the 3 biggest titles I see.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Deleted
    The only overkill part of nannying players to the endgame content was linking the final cinematic to a statue in Dalaran. At least force people to kill the Lich King to see it, it's not like it's hard. (It's also hilarious since Bolvar tells Tirion to shut his pie hole about what transpired at the Throne, Tirion nods and builds a golden magical statue in Dalaran that tells the whole story ^^)

Do we have to make topic about this everytime buff increases? -_-

New and refreshing thread QQing about casuals and something about GS and skill...

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsy View Post
    Blizzard said they are taking it up to 30% IDK why people are shocked when it goes up.
    ^ This !

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    yah

Oh, sweet sweet irony.

No buff cept pure god mode can save you from mistakes on Sindragosa and Lich King. It is simply too easy to wipe on those two fights.

Folks will still not move properly and iceblock folks on Sin. Drop defile in the middle or not get out in time. Get MC'd on the Queen because biting is hard (well with buff you can still get away with it).

The buff doesn't cover anything , just makes folks with lacking dps and heals to be able to see the rest. People will still defy the odds, that with great gear they will challenge the tanks to be on the bottom of the damage done. hahahaaha Thats when you know you have found some special folks.