RAWR Meta Socket

I have been using RAWR for a while now and recently it seems to be making some strange suggestions for my Meta Socket. Typically it will suggest the Agility Meta, but now it keeps returning the Crit Meta. After researching the possibility of using the Crit Meta I realize that some setups would benefit from using it, but with Rampage I am at 49% unbuffed crit. So i am thinking it's something in my buff setup that is causing RAWR to suggest it.

Since I mostly do 10 mans and I can't always be 100% as to what I will have available to me I try and simplify the buffs I tell RAWR I have available. It consists of...

Kings
    Might
    Rampage
    Heroic Presence
    Potion
    Flask
    Food
    GOTW

I even tried editing the gemming templates and deselected the Crit Meta, but it still comes back.

I am looking for people who use RAWR to jump in here. If you use Landsouls spreadsheet good for you. I just don't find it as user friendly as RAWR. I have tried to use that spreadsheet and I just don't like the layout. Or maybe I just don't understand how the information is being displayed.
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

I am fairly sure it keeps bringing the crit meta up mainly because it does not count on the fact that you would need a nother blue to activate it.

There are points when the crit meta would be alot better then the Agi one, but in the end the Agi would always come out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I am fairly sure it keeps bringing the crit meta up mainly because it does not count on the fact that you would need a nother blue to activate it.

There are points when the crit meta would be alot better then the Agi one, but in the end the Agi would always come out on top.
    That's my understanding too...I went back and used Landsouls spreadsheet and it determined (provided I did it correctly) that the Crit Meta would be slightly better then the agility with my gear. The drawback as you mentioned is the gem requirements. I guess sometimes you just got to go with your instincts.
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

Deleted
    use SimCraft, import your char from armory, chosse the right buffs and such, click on "analyze all stats" and gogo sim it. it would tell you wich stats that would give you the best dps. alternatively, make 2 wowheads profiles; one with the agi meta and one with the crit. sim it and find out wich one gives the best dps. it should look like this. i did this with a kitty druid, so dont mind the numbers. its just the layout

edit: added pic
    Last edited by mmocf48d514961; 2010-06-23 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

*nods*

Make sure your [Enforce Gem Requirements] is selected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Kysimir View Post
    *nods*

Make sure your [Enforce Gem Requirements] is selected.
    Agreed. I did double check that as well.

It seems the lower I set the thoroughness it will give me the agility meta. If I have it set a little higher it gives the crit one.