Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Need help with the new patch 3.3.5

Maybe this thread has been posted by someone else but i would like some help,i've got my friend build me a new operating system with Windows 7 Ultimate,Processor : AMD Phenom9tm) II x4 965 Processor 3.74 Ghz with 4 GB Memory/64 Bit OS few months ago.Been having alot of problems everytime i play WoW such as:
    1.Every now and then after certain amount of time it always crashes on my characters loading screen,what i normally do is i just load to my low lv char for a few mins and try to go back to my 80 char n it works fine but lately it just got worse.
    2.Blue screen of death sometimes although its not as often as 1st one,even when i raid
    3.My screen just goes blank for a few seconds and turn back on like nothing ever happened.
    4.I've read about how some Windows 7 are not rly compatible with WoW especially with the new patch that keeps coming,the latest problem i got is i tried to download the new patch and the error message popped up saying FAILED TO APPLY PATCH.BLA BLA BLA IF THE PROBLEM PERSISTS YOU MAY NEED TO REINSTALL OR CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE <- this message shows on WoW window and there's also an error msg popped up from my desktop window before that.
    Now i really dont know whats the problem is,my friend said maybe because its over heat or something but i've tried everything even getting an AC for my comp but still doesnt work that way so far,so any suggestions would be appreciated tyvm

Quote Originally Posted by AJ84 View Post
    Maybe this thread has been posted by someone else but i would like some help,i've got my friend build me a new operating system with Windows 7 Ultimate,Processor : AMD Phenom9tm) II x4 965 Processor 3.74 Ghz with 4 GB Memory/64 Bit OS few months ago.Been having alot of problems everytime i play WoW such as:
    1.Every now and then after certain amount of time it always crashes on my characters loading screen,what i normally do is i just load to my low lv char for a few mins and try to go back to my 80 char n it works fine but lately it just got worse.
    2.Blue screen of death sometimes although its not as often as 1st one,even when i raid
    3.My screen just goes blank for a few seconds and turn back on like nothing ever happened.
    4.I've read about how some Windows 7 are not rly compatible with WoW especially with the new patch that keeps coming,the latest problem i got is i tried to download the new patch and the error message popped up saying FAILED TO APPLY PATCH.BLA BLA BLA IF THE PROBLEM PERSISTS YOU MAY NEED TO REINSTALL OR CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE <- this message shows on WoW window and there's also an error msg popped up from my desktop window before that.
    Now i really dont know whats the problem is,my friend said maybe because its over heat or something but i've tried everything even getting an AC for my comp but still doesnt work that way so far,so any suggestions would be appreciated tyvm
    I'll answer this in depth later, but wanted to point out one thing. WoW and Windows 7 are fully compatible. Your computer getting hot won't display a patch issue. What you're describing is a software conflict.
    2x Intel Xeon 5680 12 Cores (2x6 Cores)@ 5.0ghz.* EVGA Classified SR-2 Motherboard.*Kingston Hyper-X 48gb(12x4gb) DDR3 1600.* 3x OCZ Colossus SSD 1.5gb (3x500gb) Raid 0.* 2x Enermax 1250W PSU. 4x EVGA GTX 480 Quad-SLI.* Samsung F3 1TB Storage Drive.* Custom Watercooled (EK 2xCPU/4xGPU Blocks, 2xMCP655 Pumps, 3xXSPC Dual Bay Reservoirs, 3x480 GTX Radiators, 24x Scythe GentleTyphoon AP15 Fans in Push/Pull).* 3x Dell 3008wfp 30" IPS Monitors.* ASUS Xonar D2X 7.1 PCIe

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see anything wrong with my system so far that's why i couldn't do much about it but if there's anything that i should change plz let me know,i havent done anything major so far to fix the problems

15+ Year Old Account
    Options:
    • Delete the cache folder and pray
    • Run repair.exe and pray
    • Re-install

If none of these work, you'll want to shut down every background process/service possible. If this works, re-enable them one by one until the problem re-occurs.

Oh, and directly blowing air conditioning into your computer can cause condensation when the cold air hits the hot components. Moisture and computer components don't mix.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a Dell XPS 630i by any chance? If so, get a new computer. Its a known issue that this machine has an issue with the motherboard which makes the entire machine unstable.
    US Blizz Tech Support MVP
    Ressie - Medivh-US