Thread: 2v2 MMR help D=

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question 2v2 MMR help D=

Warrior / holy pally 2s, We are currently sitting at 1399 rating, 1341 PR, and about 1450 MMR. I was 1.9k+ on my warrior old warrior(In furious season), Now im finding it very difficult to get back up there, Our 2v2s vs healers take 20+ minutes, and vs double dps, we either die fast, or we play super defensive till they blow all their cool downs (Double dps teams used to last no longer then 2mins).

We went against holy pally and hunter, the game was like 30mins long finally the hunter left.The resil buff is killing me, I mean.. 200 mortal strike crits, I got a 1 damage white swing, I had a holy pally easly outhealing me with Mortal strike and divine plea on. Is blizz trying to make double dps the only viable teams? Or do they want everyone to roll a affliction lock / healer team?

We were 10 - 1 at the start of the night, then near the end we went about 13 - 10. Seems the closer we get to our MMR the more we lose. Any tips?

Hopefully once my 3v3 partner gets back from holidays we will do better in 3s.

Thanks for reading =D
    ~Tripy
    Last edited by tripydevo; 2010-06-23 at 08:22 PM.

Well, the idea is that you lose more when you get closer to your mmr. Sorta the point of the whole system. You're not going to go undefeated (or close to it) for 200 points past your mmr.

As for warrior/hpally 2s tips, just keep your warrior mobile via dispels and freedoms, get your warrior into a raiding guild, have him pick up shadowmourne, and faceroll to 2.4k rating.

On a serious note, your comp's not really designed to blow shit up quick. You have the most defensive healing class (so very little offensive burst) and a melee class that does great damage, but more importantly has an unlimited resource. You can outlast just about every comp out there (rdruid+rogue/dk/warrior might be a stretch), so I would either get used to long games or get a different comp.

Edit: out of curiosity, what is your 3s partner?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafflesahhh View Post
    GC looks healthy and kipper in this interview. Look's like he's been taking his multivitamins. Good for him.

Thanks for the reply Doma. Our 3s partner is a rogue. So rogue pally warrior. Oh, and on a side note. I'm the warrior =D.

Also, I didnt pick rogue warrior pally or war pally because its "the best" its because they are good friends of mine =D

Fair enough, it didn't sound like you were really pushing for rating, as opposed to just playing with friends. So rogue/arms/hpally?

You might try going prot, for the ridiculous amount of interrupts you would have in 3s. That plus atm you're overlapping mortal strike effects, which doesn't really help a whole lot. Prot/Sub/Holy might actually be a half-decent comp. Especially for taking down casters, of which there seem to be a lot these days.
    GC looks healthy and kipper in this interview. Look's like he's been taking his multivitamins. Good for him.

Ah, Yes, Lolprot spec.Hmmm thats a pretty decent idea, but I have never played prot. This MMR shit kinda sucks, its nice if you're high mmr, but if you're really low, it seems impossible to get it up.

You can improve it, you just have to start consistently beating teams at your current mmr. It's designed to be very fluid and easy to move, from what I've read about it. It tries to put you in a position so you're winning about 50% of your games. And based on the record you cited above, I guess all I can tell you is, "working as intended." :/

Hmm, The thing that sucks is almost every loss is to someone being carried by a full wrathful player.

Yup. It's that time in the season. Not a whole lot you can do about it.

Wtb port back to pre-resil buff.

I run the same comp and rarely have matches last 20 min. Sounds like you need to learn to pick the right kill target. Tankz has a great guide on arenajunkies, try reading it.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=174824

It's slightly out of date on a few comps. It rated mage/rogue a 2/10 in toughness... which clearly it isn't, but other than that it's a great guide and can give you some useful insight against some comps that have been giving you problems.

Merlinsback what about on teams like, Hunter hpally, the pally was in all wrathful and the hunter just kited me the whole time, also the pally never got less then 20k mana.

Quote Originally Posted by tripydevo View Post
    Merlinsback what about on teams like, Hunter hpally, the pally was in all wrathful and the hunter just kited me the whole time, also the pally never got less then 20k mana.
    Thats nothing uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by Martsus View Post
    Thats nothing uncommon.
    I mean, what should one do? The match vs that comp lasted 20 mins, and the hunter just left, I guess thats one way to win, eh?

They have pretty much given up on 2's for WoTLK, it's a terrible bracket atm, and it shouldn't be taken seriously at all. But there still isn't any reason to be able to pass up a 1500 MMR and rating with ease, unless you and your partner simply are 1500 players. The people who are stuck at 1400-1500, are the people who should be at that rating.

As for cataclysm, I see 2's being able to make a bit of a comeback, due to a couple of reasons.
    1) all MS's are now 20%. (Yes, even rogues, warriors, and hunters... as well as the current mage and spriest)
    2) larger health pools. (health pools shouldn't be light switches)
    3) less burst damage and healing.

Quote Originally Posted by shagguar View Post

1) all MS's are now 20%. (Yes, even rogues, warriors, and hunters... as well as the current mage and spriest)
    2) larger health pools. (health pools shouldn't be light switches)
    3) less burst damage and healing.
    Thank god for that. No longer I'll be gibbed in minute one by Rogue/Priest popping PI prep doublekick sup gouge sfiend.

Deleted
    Kind of a similar here with hpally/arms, me being the pally. We win 55%-50% of our games, just wanted to get to 1800 weapon rating first. We even got the 1750 achievment, but since then we were constantly facing matchups with two members of RMP, and we loose to most of them. Spriest/Rogue is nearly unbeatable, the dmg is just insane and unless we can score a lucky quick kill on the rogue/mess up their opener, that's it. Priests constantly fearing/burning even though I'm trying to dodge that all the time are so unnerving, same goes for Rogues with instant DBW Proc keeping either me or my warrior <50%/disarmed/stunned all the time. Have a hard time keeping me and my warr mobile against mages too, frostbite and barrier just frustrate.
    We have paused playing now at 1600 again, really frustrating to be back down there, we steamroll most lock/dk/hunter comps, but it's rmp-classes all the way the last matches.

Quote Originally Posted by tripydevo View Post
    I mean, what should one do? The match vs that comp lasted 20 mins, and the hunter just left, I guess thats one way to win, eh?
    Well it's just that you won't ever get a hunter/holydin team OOM. The hunter can pull off too much CC and kiting for that, so the Holydin will be able to use his divine plea almost endlessly every time it's up. I'm happy the setup isn't too common, but heck, I've had some 30+ min fights vs that crap as both Dpriest/Feral and Rshaman/DK.

Im guilty of the lock setup and yea we get it too where we dead end against some teams and have to be lame (stun, fear into open, drain mana x 6000)

But have you considered higher crit? it helped us a fair bit to go with Nevermelting ice crystal (920 crit rating loosing some each cast) - haste is great for defensive fears and quickly applying dps to two targets but what wins us maches (only 1700 mind you!) is the crit.
    Same with warriors against me, they hit me a few times and think "god damn 1300 resil lock" - and nuke my pet, if I cant get my pet backup and they turn on me and get a string of crits im screwed.

So maybe sub in some crit gear somehow, I wont pretend to understand a warriors setup, I just know you wont want to drop ARP - but where you can, sacrifice overall wearing down for some lucky RNG crits to set up your storm.

I feel your pain too - all-be-it a little noobier, we totally slaughtered our way to 1500 and thought we'd have 1800 in no time, I mean we dont have a lot of skill and we went, without exaggerating or saying "lol arena ez" 27-4 games in a session - a massive amount of luck with who we faced - then with our cocky attitude we went 10-8 the next session and to be humble, we won some of those 10 by *pure* gear/class - I mean it doesnt take much skill for me to get off a rotation **IF** I am not interupted - warriors who cant kill my paladin ignoring my pet etc, or idiots who follow me around los so they cant receive heals.

Point? Get some unbalanced wow bullshit RNG crit on your side IMO - and keep the faith, sometimes you get 6-7 counter teams in a row, but some days you will get a massive smirk as 10 stupid teams come up against you and/or you get a kill in your first bladestorm.

A lock/disc priest team/friend of mine went 1500>1600>1700>1600>1700>1600 and got really frustrated, then I check his gear like 3 weeks later and like WTF he has the 1950 helm! he said one weekend they just kept a 7-3 ratio up all day and it was down to not meeting many warriors or their priest escaping initially burst of mage rogue due to a couple of well timed cooldowns/spell-locks.
    Last edited by blowbags2; 2010-06-24 at 10:56 AM.

Got the same issue on my Holy Paladin, we stomp evrything at our rating (1650) but our MMR just dont go up. We have a 75% win ratio. On my rogue I play Mage / rogue at 2k rating and 2.2k MMR & priest 2k. I just cant get my Paladin on 1800, so gay.

Its just really wierd so we disbaned the team and stopped playing

Quote Originally Posted by blowbags2 View Post
    Im guilty of the lock setup and yea we get it too where we dead end against some teams and have to be lame (stun, fear into open, drain mana x 6000)

But have you considered higher crit? it helped us a fair bit to go with Nevermelting ice crystal (920 crit rating loosing some each cast) - haste is great for defensive fears and quickly applying dps to two targets but what wins us maches (only 1700 mind you!) is the crit.
    Same with warriors against me, they hit me a few times and think "god damn 1300 resil lock" - and nuke my pet, if I cant get my pet backup and they turn on me and get a string of crits im screwed.

So maybe sub in some crit gear somehow, I wont pretend to understand a warriors setup, I just know you wont want to drop ARP - but where you can, sacrifice overall wearing down for some lucky RNG crits to set up your storm.

I feel your pain too - all-be-it a little noobier, we totally slaughtered our way to 1500 and thought we'd have 1800 in no time, I mean we dont have a lot of skill and we went, without exaggerating or saying "lol arena ez" 27-4 games in a session - a massive amount of luck with who we faced - then with our cocky attitude we went 10-8 the next session and to be humble, we won some of those 10 by *pure* gear/class - I mean it doesnt take much skill for me to get off a rotation **IF** I am not interupted - warriors who cant kill my paladin ignoring my pet etc, or idiots who follow me around los so they cant receive heals.

Point? Get some unbalanced wow bullshit RNG crit on your side IMO - and keep the faith, sometimes you get 6-7 counter teams in a row, but some days you will get a massive smirk as 10 stupid teams come up against you and/or you get a kill in your first bladestorm.

A lock/disc priest team/friend of mine went 1500>1600>1700>1600>1700>1600 and got really frustrated, then I check his gear like 3 weeks later and like WTF he has the 1950 helm! he said one weekend they just kept a 7-3 ratio up all day and it was down to not meeting many warriors or their priest escaping initially burst of mage rogue due to a couple of well timed cooldowns/spell-locks.
    haste is still better really. More Corrupt. ticks equals more damage and more healing, more nightfall procs, faster drain life equalling even more damage and more selfhealing. Furthermore it allows you to play with more finesse.