15+ Year Old Account

What pushed you to be a Mage

Title speaks for itself... What made you to start playing as mage

There is a single video that made me decide what i will main
    Big Blue Dress by Cranius

I shed a tear when i casted my first PoM Pyro at 60 lvl bg back in the days......
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

I was pushed into mage by a friend when I joined the game, wish I started on a pvp server now, 8 lvl 80s on a PvE server sucks when I'm a PvP fanatic.

Plus I played a mage on another game, thought it would be similar, and it was.

The two button rotation that pulls top dps

Troll Mage just seemed...natural. It's what I did the day the Sargeras server went live.

guild neededs casters.
    made a preist too, needed raid heals.

3 weeks 1-80= i have no life ^^
    This signature has been removed due to a violation of the Signatures + Avatars guidelines.

Deleted
    After being a hunter I guess I wanted a ranged dps with abit of a difference. Was getting abit bored of pets and stuff. Secrectly I've always wanted a mage so.. I leveled one and now I'm in love.

Fire is immense for pvp. Pyroblasts can fuck some serious shit up. And arcane is broken for pve.

Teleporting everywhere never gets old either.

10+ Year Old Account
    got bored of paladin healing rerolled mage and loved it from when i got blink to 70. just love when i got loads of tools.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Friends and I all agreed to re-roll on a server, they had a tank and a healer already (I had a rogue on a different server) so I thought I'd give it a shot

Saw this pc of human mage when wow realesed so dicided to make one but allys sucked so waited till tbc and made b elf its amazing how i never got bored with mage ^_^

Big blue dress is a classic.

Also, RIP old blast wave spell effect <3
    Last edited by Skarrd; 2010-06-23 at 09:46 PM. Reason: I missed the cool blast wave

They rape face. Nuff said.

I used to play this old MUDD (text based MMO) called Gemstone III. In that game the Mages were called Wizards. I never played one in that game, I was always a Rogue or Ranger (hunter)... I was jealous of all the cool crap Wizards could do.. So when WoW came about I rolled a Warrior, hated it, rolled a druid, hated it... rolled a mage and here I am.
    Don't ERP me bro!

Sorry to have to tell ya mages... but you picked the wrong class

Warlock>Mage

SIEG HEIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ZzXK; 2010-06-23 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZzXK View Post
    Sorry to have to tell ya mages... but you picked the wrong class

Warlock>Mage
    I lol'd. great pics.

Friend that got me addicted to WoW told me that for a caster class (which was all I was interested in), mages are great for pvp, so I took his advice and rolled mage. I don't pvp much anymore, but I WILL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER MAIN.

My guild. I applied as a healer, but happened to mention that I had a rather poorly geared mage alt. They were losing raiders to Vashj, so I guess they needed DPS more than heals.

I showed up to raid on my druid, they told me to switch to my mage, much to my surprise. So on day 1, there I was in my Spellfire set with 7k HP fully buffed, blowing up striders and throwing cores with a character that had barely set foot in Karazhan, let alone SSC. I think Vashj went down on my third day in the guild.

Herein, we discuss matters of the utmost importance.

I usually play mages or similar ranged caster classes in all rpg games. The first character I made was actually a druid in WoW classic beta, but I do not liked it. I made it because I was a Night Elf player in WarCraft III. In retail years later when I started playing my first character was a Mage, and still is my main, and always will be.

When I finally decided to try out WoW (after loathing it and slandering it for all of Vanilla (I regret that)), I settled on the thought of being a caster. I don't know why, I just thought using spells sounded cool. My friend played Horde, so I rolled on his server. I originally made a Blood Elf Warlock, but my friend told me "so you want to cast? I'd recommend being a mage". So I deleted that Warlock and made a Blood Elf Mage. I loved the class, but I ended up hating being a Blood Elf (I was a male).

I grew bored of WoW and stopped playing until almost a year later (still in BC). When I wanted to give it another chance, I made a few classes to really decide what I wanted to play this time around. I even made some Alliance characters. I decided that I still loved Mage, and that I preferred Alliance. So I stuck with it.

TLDR: I wanted to cast spells, and a friend recommended Mage. I fell in love with the class.