Cool Arena is messed up.

Exactly like the title says, Arena is messed up. Wrath of the Lich king arena is nothing compared to Burning Crusade. In BC yeah gear didnt require rating and it was easyer to get, but you got paired with teams who were equally geared. In WOTLK you can be startting a new team , lets say 2v2, but your 3v3 is 2000 rated(like mine was) and i kept fighting this 1900 mmr teams on my 2v2 when i was trying to help my friend who was not geared enough to face those teams. Dont get me wrong , Im not carrying him, i wasnt decked out either. Anyway what im saying is, MMR(match making rating) can sometimes be unfair. Maybe my MMR is 21000 but that is in 3v3 because my class/combo works well in 3v3, but when i face another high MMR 2v2 it doesnt work the same because some classes benefit more from each other in different brackets.

Also one more thing, i quit serious arena this season because of all the drama, now I am more into raiding. But last season when i was 2000 3v3 i hated winning 10 games in a row, and only going up by 40rating, but loosing 3 games and loosing 50?

Anyway, insult me if you want but this is just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by thedrsour View Post
    exactly like the title says, arena is messed up. Wrath of the lich king arena is nothing compared to burning crusade. In bc yeah gear didnt require rating and it was easyer to get, but you got paired with teams who were equally geared.
    lol.

Eh, I used to QQ that arena was "messed up" then I realised i was just bad.... just wait till cata changes. and bg all night xD... PV is funenr with friends.

---------- Post added 06-24-2010 at 03:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm View Post
    Did you even read what he wrote?

Quote Originally Posted by Zurth View Post
    Eh, I used to QQ that arena was "messed up" then I realised i was just bad.... just wait till cata changes. and bg all night xD... PV is funenr with friends.

---------- Post added 06-24-2010 at 03:22 AM ----------

Did you even read what he wrote?
    Yeah, but that was the only thing he said in his post that could be considered a point besides that he thinks MMR is unfair. Which it can be, but when the rest was all his personal story

MMR is one of the better things they did for arenas imo. if you're at 2k mmr, and you start a new team at 1k or 0 rating, you wont lose many points until you get 1800 ish or so unless your MMR goes down - basically, it makes you get to the rating you "deserve"

Yeah, it makes you work for your rating insted of facerolling teams all the way up to the same skill level...and that can be hard if you're just starting out a new comp but the old system was terrible... facing people based on your rating insted of MMR, every 2k+ team had to start at 1500, and all the 1500 teams would get rolled by them and lose no chance.

My personal complaint about arena is things dying in a single 3-5 second CC. I think that's WAY out of control and just makes the game dull/boring and extremely stupid.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

I Agree with you, but I dont think myself as bad, i might not be the best but im not the worst. But like i said on my post i quit arena this season, im just doing 2v2 with a real life friend and 3v3 with my some wow friends.

Im now focused on PvE wich is very fun and more entertaining than arena in my opinion.
    Last edited by TheDrsour; 2010-06-24 at 04:51 AM.

Blame kalgan for arena lameness

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrsour View Post
    But last season when i was 2000 3v3 i hated winning 10 games in a row, and only going up by 40rating, but loosing 3 games and loosing 50?
    If you lose 50 points in 3 games, that means you're losing to teams with a much lower mmr than you, implying that you should in fact beat them due to your higher mmr. If you're only getting 3 points for wins, the teams you're playing are bad, and you don't deserve more points than that for beating them.

The system is simple and extremely effective, the only thing I have is that teams start at 0 rating as opposed to 1k or something higher. The grind from 0 to anything reasonable is enough to make you /wrists sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgameandwatch View Post
    If you lose 50 points in 3 games, that means you're losing to teams with a much lower mmr than you, implying that you should in fact beat them due to your higher mmr. If you're only getting 3 points for wins, the teams you're playing are bad, and you don't deserve more points than that for beating them.

The system is simple and extremely effective, the only thing I have is that teams start at 0 rating as opposed to 1k or something higher. The grind from 0 to anything reasonable is enough to make you /wrists sometimes.
    You can buy a 1200 team for like 100g or smth tho

Quote Originally Posted by Martsus View Post
    You can buy a 1200 team for like 100g or smth tho
    lol i sold my alts 2s for 1kg it was 1300 haha kid was just lazy

Wrong, gameplay changed, if you dont like it, play something else.
    Last edited by Zibeline; 2010-06-24 at 01:34 PM.

Exactly like the title says, Arena is messed up. Wrath of the Lich king arena is nothing compared to Burning Crusade. In BC yeah gear didnt require rating and it was easyer to get, but you got paired with teams who were equally geared. In WOTLK you can be startting a new team , lets say 2v2, but your 3v3 is 2000 rated(like mine was) and i kept fighting this 1900 mmr teams on my 2v2 when i was trying to help my friend who was not geared enough to face those teams. Dont get me wrong , Im not carrying him, i wasnt decked out either. Anyway what im saying is, MMR(match making rating) can sometimes be unfair. Maybe my MMR is 21000 but that is in 3v3 because my class/combo works well in 3v3, but when i face another high MMR 2v2 it doesnt work the same because some classes benefit more from each other in different brackets.

Also one more thing, i quit serious arena this season because of all the drama, now I am more into raiding. But last season when i was 2000 3v3 i hated winning 10 games in a row, and only going up by 40rating, but loosing 3 games and loosing 50?

Anyway, insult me if you want but this is just my opinion

then why do you care? you can't complain about 2v2 since its not officially balanced, you can't complain about gear because its as close as you can get in this game even tho there are many abuses with carrying others and being overgeared or PvE bloated gear currently, etc., and i just don't get your best way to show you think its flawed is to simply not participate. even tho it probably won't do much good, at least participation numbers will be less if more people had that mentality towards things they have an issue with where blizzards dev's can't keep justifying their design based on low participation. more you try/particpate, more things will stay the same...

2v2 and 3v3 mmr don't affect each other
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Also one more thing, i quit serious arena this season because of all the drama, now I am more into raiding.
    inb4 progression guild drama

Why would you buy a team with personal being there? I'm not saying "lol thats dumb" cos I actually dont understand why you would since I thought... lets say im pretty confident im a 2k rated player (im not... but its an e.g, im at 1700 give or take) - but I've not played on that char (ye i know... bare with me for examples sake) - what would buying a 2k rated team do for me?

Quote Originally Posted by blowbags2 View Post
    what would buying a 2k rated team do for me?
    epeen boost!!!!!!