Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrsour View Post
    Id like to see you design millions of different pieces of armors and weapons for millions of players without atleast repeating one. If you dont like how the gear looks, dont use it, but complaining about OMG MY GEAR DOESNT LOOK COOL ANYMORE..WONT HELP.
    Pretty sure he was talking about loot off LK, not all the loot in WotLK. Yeah, they will reuse loot models, but for LK, they should have made some very unique designs.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroosher View Post
    Have you heared of Borderlands? That game has like 10 million different weapons and stuff, every weapon is different, no repeats.
    I have played that game for ages.

And you must be fucking trolling. hahah!

Ah well it would have been cool with unique item models for LK loot, but to be honest the game isn't any worse for the models not being unique.

It's not like Blizzard didn't make any unique item models this expansion, I can think of several in Naxx for one (Life and Death, anyone?). Saying stuff like "Blizzard doesn't care about item design any more" is just exaggerating and stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfection View Post
    It's called blizzard is getting too arrogant and complacent, thinking that their increasingly boring mmo will have no competition. Instead of innovating, they're slacking on design and effort because they think we have nowhere else to go and will put up with it.
    Hence why all these other, harder MMOs like AION have dehorsed WoW as the number one MMO?

Wait a tick.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Hence why all these other, harder MMOs like AION have dehorsed WoW as the number one MMO?

Wait a tick.
    Aion has not failed to "dethrone" wow because it's harder, it failed because it's a less polished game. Just like every introductory class has more students than a masters class, the people being "trained" in wow will eventually become better at this type of game and seek a greater challenge. It's that growing market that has yet to have a new game (now that WoW has changed in a direction that offers nothing to the elite) created for them.

Id like to see you design millions of different pieces of armors and weapons for millions of players without atleast repeating one. If you dont like how the gear looks, dont use it, but complaining about OMG MY GEAR DOESNT LOOK COOL ANYMORE..WONT HELP.
    Ok I consider myself a pretty big blizz fan boy but even I am not this disillusioned. The lack of originality on the END GAME BOSS' weapons was pathetic I think only one item was original(Archus, Greatstaff of Antonidas). I really don't mind items being re-used throughout all the other encounters in the raid but this is the Lich King we are talking about and he deserves better item models than the crap he got, Oh and for all you who say "they only have so many ideas" please go review the item models for Yoggy and Alganon.

Deleted
    Actually I like Northrend item designs much better than those hideous purple crystal things. They didn't even have all the pieces attached to each other and some were just a junk of random floating shapes.

Are new models per tier per class not enough for you?

They gonna make epics feel more epic they saids in a blue post, its on here somewhere.
    "However bad I am, it's a shame that I'm better than you." - Tyrias

As said above, end bosses such as LK and KT should have unique weapon drops. The rest of the 'trash' bosses, can have whatever they want.

Ps - Modelling isn't easy. It's actually a pain in the ass to do. Also creating something unique that is not similar to anything else, is even more of a pain in the ass. Textures are the main difference and overall, are the only things that need to change. Textures are also a pain in the ass to make.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Funny thing is, they can easily use their community to get some designs if their payed workers fail to come up with nice designs.

Or they could spend no money and hire a few more interns to design them for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Well i pay for good looking gear sorry good sir.
    topic: blizzard heavily failed at wotlk items.
    Actually, you pay for access to Blizzard's servers.

You pay a fee, not a tax. It is fully within Blizzard's rights and Powers to leave the servers off for a full Week just for shits and giggles and watching all the addicts hang themselves.

They Could, because that's the very agreement every player agrees with every time they log into the game. They could....but they don't.

You don't pay them for shit, son.

Illidan and BC gear looked like shit you would get in Clown College. Sure raid weapons looked like crap, but the armour was fine.

There was no sharp decline in quality. There was more lore in WotLK, there was more stuff for casuals (lets face it the people bitching are almost unanimously Elitist Snobs)

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Illidan and BC gear looked like shit you would get in Clown College. Sure raid weapons looked like crap, but the armour was fine.

There was no sharp decline in quality. There was more lore in WotLK, there was more stuff for casuals (lets face it the people bitching are almost unanimously Elitist Snobs)
    People on WoW forums in general tend to be.

I find it an interesting correlation especially when Raid progression is brought into the mix...

asd

Less money used on game = more money in pocket...