Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop jumping from 10 to 25.

I said: T10 is useless in 10s. Pretty much everything will out heal it.

I said drop T9 in 10s to buff all your other spells. So why are you bringing up 25s in this case? In 10s you should be using nourish, RG, LB, pretty much everything.

So you are switching 10s in 25s in the exact opposite of what I've been talking about.

As for your logs, the low ones:

Marrow: About right. Even in Hm mine is 4.2%

LDW: Hm mine is 13.2%. This druid: was 7.5%. You chose a druid who had RG over rejuv. Even on LDW, RJ should still be 1st.

Suar: HM mine is 9.6%. This druid: was 12.6%.

Fester: HM Mine was 8.3%. More than my Trauma at 8%. This druid: was 8.7% with trauma at 7.3%

Rotface: HM Mine was 8.7&. Your druid, once again, had RG as his #1 spell, which is shouldn't be. This druid: was at 11.4%

PP: HM Mine -8.6% This one: 8%

BQL: HM Mine: 5.1% Yours: # messed up by Pally CD. This druid: 13.7%

LK: it depends on when they killed it and what strat they used. HM Mine is 5.8%. This druid: 7.7%

You can't base off random logs. You can link the lowest and I can link the highest. Any % will be messed up because some use Pally CDs that count for you and some don't. Some have their tank heals die and they have to switch and some don't.

But like I said, in 25s you will not make up for either the 4 piece, or Trauma, with any offset gears stats.

It has nothing to do with RNG or the logs being random. Unlike you, I took the top druids for each fight that was wearing the 4pt10, and posted the log and the result, but did so for content that the original poster was likely to start off healing (which is 25 normal), regardless of what the log stated.

Skew the results all you want, you can argue those results. I back up what I say. You seem to be linking only the logs that go your way.

---------- Post added 2010-06-25 at 08:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Stop jumping from 10 to 25.

I said: T10 is useless in 10s. Pretty much everything will out heal it.

I said drop T9 in 10s to buff all your other spells. So why are you bringing up 25s in this case? In 10s you should be using nourish, RG, LB, pretty much everything.

So you are switching 10s in 25s in the exact opposite of what I've been talking about.

As for your logs, the low ones:

Marrow: About right. Even in Hm mine is 4.2%

LDW: Hm mine is 13.2%. This druid: was 7.5%. You chose a druid who had RG over rejuv. Even on LDW, RJ should still be 1st.

Suar: HM mine is 9.6%. This druid: was 12.6%.

Fester: HM Mine was 8.3%. More than my Trauma at 8%. This druid: was 8.7% with trauma at 7.3%

Rotface: HM Mine was 8.7&. Your druid, once again, had RG as his #1 spell, which is shouldn't be. This druid: was at 11.4%

PP: HM Mine -8.6% This one: 8%

BQL: HM Mine: 5.1% Yours: # messed up by Pally CD. This druid: 13.7%

LK: it depends on when they killed it and what strat they used. HM Mine is 5.8%. This druid: 7.7%

You can't base off random logs. You can link the lowest and I can link the highest. Any % will be messed up because some use Pally CDs that count for you and some don't. Some have their tank heals die and they have to switch and some don't.

But like I said, in 25s you will not make up for either the 4 piece, or Trauma, with any offset gears stats.
    Once again, and please for the love of god pay attention this time:
    25M normal is MUCH different then 25m Heroic. EVERY fight is different. Posting 25 heroic logs and saying "see told you so" when talking about someone who is dropping t9 for t10 is just plain retarded. STOP DOING IT. The OP is currently ill equipped to heal 25 heroic. So your advice on "end game raiding" as far as this post is concerned, is useless, and invalid.

Telling a parent to buy their 16 year old child a 2 million dollar Lamborghini because its the best car out there is the same as trying to tell someone just going into ICC how to heal with BIS gear. They aren't equipped to heal the way you are telling them to heal. I don't understand why you aren't grasping this concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I liked the logs that were closet to this date, that numbers weren't messed up by either the pally CD, RG being top heal, or some other fail. Your numbers mean as much as mine. That's not an average, nor does it judge skill. Nor does it judge raid set up. 1/2 your logs were tank healing.

If you honestly think T10 is bad doing an average of 5-6% healing on reg modes then you need to rethink what else it could be. What stats could you possible need to make up for that 5-6% healing? Not enough in 4 pieces of gear.

Go to EJ or even the official WoW forums and argue against T10 being good. Top endgame druids will chew you out. Bad druids will agree with you. Some fights it won't be as good as others, same way abacus and trauma are, but in 25s there is no reason at all not to use it. Going from 251 to 264 isn't a big enough stat increase.

You should be easily able to hit haste cap in 25s with 2 pieces of crit gear so that isn't even an issue. You can argue it all you want. But when it's been proven time and time again by theorycrafters and endgame players sometimes you have to take a step back and accept ideas that are different than your own.

Alright...

This data is the average of the top 25 heroic ICC25 druid logs. Taking only druids using the T10 set bonus for all of the loggable ICC fights other than Dreamwalker. Outlying logs are included, i've also shown the result if those logs are taken out of the average. Repeat logs (which is pretty common on the website are also excluded).

Marrowgar - 5.84% healing done
    LDW - 3.98% healing done
    Saurfang - 4.54% (5.16% if you throw out the 4 outliers that are clearly tank healing)
    Festergut - 6.76%
    Rotface - 6.01%
    PP - 7.2%
    Princes - 5.67% (6.2% if you take out 3 tank healers)
    BQL - 6.71%
    Sind - 6.4%
    LK - 3.79% (4.07% if you take out 3 tank healers)

Average healing done for all bosses - 5.69 (5.8)

Take out LK and LDW and the average goes up to - 6.29%

If lolgunship were loggable that fight would also show the T10 set bonus in a favorable light.

The only skew in the data is the skew that I claim to be in there, and I show the numbers with and without the adjustments. the numbers clearly show that in almost every fight in ICC, the T10 set bonus accounts for greater than 5.5% healing done. If you can argue that any combination of random ICC pieces can top that then I challenge you to prove it to me. I guarantee you cant.

Again I'll ask you this since you ignored it last time. What do you honestly expect a set bonus to be worth? The only truly OP set bonus we have had this expansion was the T8 set bonus and that got nerfed to the ground because it was too OP. Go figure.

Why-
    You make it seem like it is such a terrible burden to be haste capped in T10 gear. By the time you generate enough badges to buy your 6(4) frost emblem items you should have spent more than enough time in ICC 10/25 to pick up enough items to get you by. Even in 10 man only gear, it is insanely easy. So your whole T10 at the loss of haste cap is pretty shakey when you consider reality.
    Last edited by Cerelli; 2010-06-25 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Because I liked the logs that were closet to this date, that numbers weren't messed up by either the pally CD, RG being top heal, or some other fail. Your numbers mean as much as mine. That's not an average, nor does it judge skill. Nor does it judge raid set up. 1/2 your logs were tank healing.

If you honestly think T10 is bad doing an average of 5-6% healing on reg modes then you need to rethink what else it could be. What stats could you possible need to make up for that 5-6% healing? Not enough in 4 pieces of gear.

Go to EJ or even the official WoW forums and argue against T10 being good. Top endgame druids will chew you out. Bad druids will agree with you. Some fights it won't be as good as others, same way abacus and trauma are, but in 25s there is no reason at all not to use it. Going from 251 to 264 isn't a big enough stat increase.

You should be easily able to hit haste cap in 25s with 2 pieces of crit gear so that isn't even an issue. You can argue it all you want. But when it's been proven time and time again by theorycrafters and endgame players sometimes you have to take a step back and accept ideas that are different than your own.
    Again you are missing the point. One more time:
    We aren't talking about end game raiding. We are talking about 25m ICC normal. I personally dont give 2 shits what the theorycrafters have to say. When they beat me on the healing meters for the fights I heal, THEN I will care what they or the trolls on the official forums have to say.

When I heal, if I am not the top druid healer in the raid, something is wrong with what I am doing. I fix that, and begin topping meters again (inb4metersmeannothing). So you telling me one thing, but showing up at the bottom of your healing meters for the majority of your 25m HM fights really doesn't impress me Myrrar.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/19...kings/players/

Who I really want to talk to in your guild is Eyece. She/He seems to be the one in the guild that knows what they are doing.

Irregardless of whether its 5% or 7%, getting the 4pt10 at the cost of haste cap is a bad thing to do. It will gimp your healing more then it will help it. That is the only point I am trying to make. If you disagree, please keep replying.

You want to call me a bad druid because I don't agree with you, that's fine. I'll stick with the fact that my numbers speak for themselves as do yours.

And again, we are talking normal modes. Not hard modes. WTB Thick Skull Crusher.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli View Post
    Why-
    You make it seem like it is such a terrible burden to be haste capped in T10 gear. By the time you generate enough badges to buy your 6(4) frost emblem items you should have spent more than enough time in ICC 10/25 to pick up enough items to get you by. Even in 10 man only gear, it is insanely easy. So your whole T10 at the loss of haste cap is pretty shakey when you consider reality.
    The haste cap for a 18/0/53 spec is easy to get, you are right. However you still need to get to that point before you can afford to wear (for example) the tier shoulders instead of the frost tipped haste shoulders.

Gear available to 10 man only raiders. None of the items come any deeper in the instance than rep/crafted/badges/princes. Nothing from end wing bosses.

Choker of filthy diamonds - 53 haste
    Vestments of spruce and fir - 118 haste with gems
    bejeweled wizard's bracers - 50
    T10 gloves - 63
    Circle of ossus - 80
    T10 pants - 88 with gems
    Blessed Cenarion boots - 92 haste with gems
    rep ring - 59
    signet of putrefaction - 45
    Mag'hari - 136
    Heartsick Mender's cape - 45 haste + 23 haste enchant

Grand total of: 852 haste rating. At the very least throw in 25 man BoE's and the number gets even easier to reach. Get into a 4/12 25 pug and you will have zero issues what-so-ever.

Anything else i can prove you wrong on? i'll be around for an hour or two more.
    Last edited by Cerelli; 2010-06-25 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whydrood View Post
    Here is a link to abacus outhealing the 4pt10 (o-hey thats me - its 10 man, but still abacus outhealed the 4pt10). http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...bxr/details/4/
    Going to your linked combat log and clicking "Kills" to show healing done during boss kills only shows:
    Rejuvenation 319,601 (3.4%)
    Echoes of Light 211,734 (2.3%)

Not sure why this point: that 4pcT10 is weaker than Abacus's proc; is important to you, but linking a 10 player log that fails to show Abacus being more healing during successful boss kills does not prove your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli View Post
    Gear available to 10 man only raiders. None of the items come any deeper in the instance than rep/crafted/badges/princes. Nothing from end wing bosses.

Choker of filthy diamonds - 53 haste
    Vestments of spruce and fir - 118 haste with gems
    bejeweled wizard's bracers - 50
    T10 gloves - 63
    Circle of ossus - 80
    T10 pants - 88 with gems
    Blessed Cenarion boots - 92 haste with gems
    rep ring - 59
    signet of putrefaction - 45
    Mag'hari - 136
    Heartsick Mender's cape - 45 haste + 23 haste enchant

Grand total of: 852 haste rating. At the very least throw in 25 man BoE's and the number gets even easier to reach. Get into a 4/12 25 pug and you will have zero issues what-so-ever.

Anything else i can prove you wrong on? i'll be around for an hour or two more.

Quote Originally Posted by PriestLuna View Post
    Is it way worth my time to wear the t9 set still while raiding? Mostly 10man raiding here as well.
    Once you get the 2pt10 then it will be safe to drop the 4p t9 for the offset pieces.

The 4p t10 isn't all that great. The extra rejuv accounts for about 5% heals over the course of a long fight, which accounts to a loss in healing if you aren't haste capped. Until you are haste capped (without CF) with the tier gloves, legs, shoulders, and helm getting the 4p t10 won't be worth it for you. Stick with offset 251-264 gear, and keep the 2p t10.
    Keep going. You haven't proved me wrong, The only thing you have said is exactly what I said. Get the 2pt10, and off set pieces. 4pt10 isn't worth losing the haste. You and Myrrar have BOTH said that for 10 mans, getting the 4pt10 isn't worth it.
    Learn to read the first post before reading the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Going to your linked combat log and clicking "Kills" to show healing done during boss kills only shows:
    Rejuvenation 319,601 (3.4%)
    Echoes of Light 211,734 (2.3%)

Not sure why this point: that 4pcT10 is weaker than Abacus's proc; is important to you, but linking a 10 player log that fails to show Abacus being more healing during successful boss kills does not prove your point.
    It isn't, they asked me to link a log, I did. Overall (what I healed, not just what was recorded as a 'kill') Abacus did in fact heal more then 4pt10. Unless you dont count trash and progression attempts in your healing done - then I guess you would have a point.

As far as dropping the 4p to buff "all your other spells", what other spells do druids worry about buffing in 25 man? I mean really, when over 70% of YOUR healing ... comes from Rejuv and WG. Rejuv is, always has been, and always will be the goto spell for druids. In ICC the only spells we are worried about buffing are WG and Rejuv, the rest are situational at best. Argue with me all you want. The numbers speak for themselves.

Before switching away from 4pcT9, I calculated 4pcT9 value: for each rejuv tick calculate how much effective healing was added above a non-crit tick. These calculations gave an accurate 4pcT9-healing-increased number for a specific raid (I was unable to isolate trash from bosses, a problem, but I have found no other way to estimate 4pcT9 accurately).

4pcT9 calculates to a 2.5-3.0% increase in total effective healing when raid healing using primarily Rejuvenation and Wild Growth in a 25 player raid. On Jan 17, with 15.7 million total healing, 42% from Rejuvenation and 28% from Wild Growth (a "good" split for a druid doing raid heals), 4pcT9 contributed 440K (2.8%) effective healing. On Feb 23, with 11.3 million total healing, 37% from Rejuv, 22% from Wild Growth, 4pcT9 added 2.6%.

I agree with others (including Whydrood omg): keep 4pcT9 until you can gain 2pcT10. Then, 4pcT10. Even with significantly less value in 10 player raids, 4pcT10 is still contributing 3% effective healing (from Whydrood's heroic 10 logs above); teir bonuses from iLvl 251 gear have more effective-healing value than iLvl 264 non-tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know that not everyone chooses their name based off their character. Some choose it randomly. Some choose someone in their guild presently or past. Some choose it based off nothing to do with WoW. I for one will say on any fight a druid can top, I top it, like said(inb4meterssuck). We personally don't take 2 resto druids most of the time. Nice try though. And, if you would like to base it off the other druid, his %s show the same exact thing we are saying. I'll leave it alone at that.

YOU were talking about T10 in 25s. If you want to start calling people out, stop trying to give advice when your guild can't even kill reg LK with a 25% buff. Like that? Didn't think so. People who have to take a discussion and try to insult someones playing obviously means they are loosing the debate and have nothing else worthwhile to say. Maybe if your healers were better you wouldn't be topping the meters. If they were you may not be failing in reg ICC anymore. Pretty sure in your 25s you aren't "topping the meters" http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...m/healingDone/

I don't troll nor do I ever try and insult people about the way they play, so I won't be doing it anymore. But before you start trying(and failing) at calling people out you may want to turn around and look at yourself.

He already said his haste was the SAME. You are now trying to go back and change everything you have said to save your ass. Just stop. You keep switching from 10 to 25, abacus to T10 to haste cap to whatever you feel like saying to try and prove your point at the moment. At the same time, you are loosing any credibility you have ever had.

Go back and reread ALL the posts.
    You say, T10 is not that good.
    Cer says, IN 25 MANS, it accounts for blah blah.
    You argue, no, even abacus does more in 25s
    We go on to prove you wrong

Neither me nor him ever started talking about 10 man. You knew you were talking about 25s. There is no way on an average fight in 10s the T10 should be 5%. You know that, we know that, stop trying to play it off like you weren't talking about that.

All of my examples have been from 25 REG MODE. I put my %s based off what it does in HMs. But I also put them for REG MODES.

In the end, stop being an idiot. trying to prove your fail point by insulting others just shows you have no idea what you are talking about and you have to result to insults like a prepubescent girl. It's easy to throw useless insults as I have shown. It's another thing to be able to back them up.

This has turned from a debate to you throwing a fit when your theory doesn't add up. So you keep wiping in ICC reg and don;t take anyones advice. You win, really! I don't argue over the internet. If this turns from a little bitch fest back into a worthwhile discussion I may relook at it. Until then you really need to settle down killer.

Overall (what I healed, not just what was recorded as a 'kill') Abacus did in fact heal more then 4pt10. Unless you dont count trash and progression attempts in your healing done - then I guess you would have a point.
    If I can, all gearing decisions and recommendations are made based on boss kills, not on trash, and not on wipes. If I'm working on progression, then I have no kills to look at so wipes are valid data. If I am unable to separate trash from boss kills in a calculation, then I have to weigh that data.

Why, if you can press a single button to show "Kills" would you not base your recommendations and statements on Boss Kills?

LOL you linked a log where I didnt heal even half of it. The first 5 (up to putricide, I didnt do rotface), I was dps. Look at the numbers again then rethink why linking that log just showed how bad you are at this.

He said and I quote: "My haste is the same with the offset pieces". Not with the 4pt10. In your summary, you failed to mention anything about your argument that over heals is something a druid should concern themselves with.

---------- Post added 2010-06-25 at 11:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    If I can, all gearing decisions and recommendations are made based on boss kills, not on trash, and not on wipes. If I'm working on progression, then I have no kills to look at so wipes are valid data. If I am unable to separate trash from boss kills in a calculation, then I have to weigh that data.

Why, if you can press a single button to show "Kills" would you not base your recommendations and statements on Boss Kills?
    Because I don't give advice based upon a single kill because my healing doesn't change between a wipe and a kill. I do the same thing regardless of the outcome of the fight. My guild (previous guild) 1 shots some bosses one week, then we get stuck on those same bosses for 3 more weeks. So all of the fights are progression fights to me, not just the "kills"

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...s=9833&e=10057 BP- 4th
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=8183&e=8665 PP- 5th

The only two you healed.
    The week before that you didn't even heal. The week before that you were never 1st or 2nd.

Tbh, I really don't care what you do healing wise. A person who has never healed in their life can know exactly what happens and how to do a fight with enough research. Just know that you will see a significant increase in healing, in 25s, with 4 piece, if you are on an aura fight. Even outside of aura fights, it actually does a lot more than I thought after looking at it. I'm sure you aren't a bad player or healer. I used to stand against being haste capped after it changed. I took a lot for me to listen to all the other druids, when I finally did, my healing skyrocketed.

He didn't ask anything about T10. He said, which to use, 4 offset pieces, or 4p T9. You went on talking about T10 where you said it was bad. Once again, read the previous posts.

And you are right. As my edited summary to make you happy:
    If your crits are going mostly to overheal where if you didn't have 4 piece you would still be keeping people up just as well, you know you no longer need T9.

Tank healed Blood Princes, Died 3 times on Putricide (and still was right next to the other druid who listens to people like you and EJ forums). Notice you didn't link the logs from BQL. Why is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tank healed Blood Princes, Died 3 times on Putricide (and still was right next to the other druid who listens to people like you and EJ forums). Notice you didn't link the logs from BQL. Why is that?
    It's not on there...least not for me.

Also, not listening to people who test this 1000 times and see the same outcome everytime is just foolish. Instead of being stubborn just try it. When you see we are right you will thank us. You, who can't clear reg modes, do not know more then eery other druid further than you. Sorry, but I have no pity or time for stubborn people how always think they are right no matter what.

Being a good player is conforming with your class and setting yourself up to the max your character can go. Skill can only go so far.

Testing is one thing. You can run the same stats through a simulator 1000 times and get an average of what happens in a PERFECT situation. Just once I want you to go raid with a guild that is still wiping in ICC 25 normal mode. Then we will see how far your skill goes, and how far the gear carries you. I guarantee the PERFECT simulation won't show half of what you say to be true and you will learn what it takes to be a good healer instead of being carried by 24 other people who know exactly what to do and when for every fight.

I made this point earlier when I first started posting here: Being in a guild that has 25m HM on farm doesnt mean that you are a good healer. It means that 25 people have learned how to play together. Go into a guild run for a guild that is still struggling to down BQL and Sindy and the LK then come post your logs on how well you did. Not like you need the gear, and hey, you might actually help someone else out. I challenge you to do this for 1 week lockout then tell us how it goes.

As far as the BQL logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...pes&boss=37955

10+ Year Old Account
    Linking a boss on wipes doesnt count because so many things happen, people randomly die, some stop healing while others keep spamming.

If you think LKHM didnt take skill you are really really foolish. We struggled through the same bosses you do at a lower level of gear. We had 1/2 your gear, no % buff to anything, and figured out how to down bosses. At that time, every player had to be skilled, there was no carrying. There are some guilds that have to carry 10 people and thats why they cant down things. That doesnt mean the non fails actually have any skill. If you think the fact that your guild is terrible it makes you a good player...really?

As I said, I raided on a druid that was in an ok guild, nothing special. We struggled through all the same content you are now, not even that far. I'm not carried by my gear. That like saying you are in 264 gear so you are getting carried by it in reg 25, go put 251 gear on and try it out.

We do alt runs and I do a lot of raids to help out my friends in my other guild. I actually used to run other raids with them once a week after I didn't have time to be a regular raider on my alt anymore. Get off your high horse. Yes, if your guild has killed LKHM you have skill. When we progressed though hardmodes every single person had to be pretty much perfect. % buffs have negated that and let terribads think they actually have an ounce of skill.

No, you can be unskilled and become a newly added member to a 25HM team. But as someone who has progressed through all content thus far in BC and WotLK I can assure you, we are plenty skilled.

Once again, you are worthless to argue with. You keep doing your own thing and see how far it gets you. It's one thing to want to play how you want to play, and accept that. It's another thing to give out false info because hey, thats just how you do it and everyone else can just get over it. Keep trying to back your info by discrediting everyone else and boosting yourself.

In the end, no one is going to listen to you. Do you think people are going to look at EJ and all the other things you think are bullshit, or a random person on the forums who can't clear reg mode and is against the world just because? Gl to you and your...adventures.

---------- Post added 2010-06-25 at 10:06 PM ----------

Also, I hop one day you do decide to try 4 piece out, esp on blanket fights. You may be surprised and see there really was no need to argue =/

If you payed any attention, (here is a hint, if you click my sig, it takes you to my armory) you would see I do use the 4pt10. However I am at the haste cap with the 4p on without the CF spec. I hope one day you actually look at the people you try and argue with and actually take a good look at their numbers. I know I do. That is why I looked you up. I like knowing who I am talking to knows what they are saying. Anyone can say "oh hey 18 spirit is better for boot enchant" because rawr or simulcraft says it is true. Just because people post things on EJ doesn't make it true or the best thing to do in every situation.

Spamming heals after everyone else dies doesn't give you 10-11k HPS - actually look at the graph - it shows you a minute by minute breakdown of the heals going out. That is knowing how best to heal that encounter for your specific raid. You prefer to blanket 10 people with RR glyph, I prefer to blanket 15-17 people (with the 4pt10) with the Glyph of Rejuvenation. Does that make me bad? Nope.

Hopefully one day you will get over yourself and realize that the MAJORITY of people don't have access to BIS gear. We piece it together over months of raiding. Also saying you downed 25M HM without a buff wearing 251 gear is laughable - but hey, I'm not going to sit here and argue with you about your accomplishments since you don't feel like sharing with us some logs or something to back up your claims of grandeur. One thing I have never done was put someone else's opinion below mine just because I have cleared content that they haven't. As I said, go heal for a guild, just one week, still struggling to clear normal 25m ICC and you will understand what I am saying.

oh man. i come home and all i see is Myrrar totally destroying Whydrood. I love it. Why... admit defeat. you are wrong. take it like a man. move on. Tomorrow when i'm in the presence of mind to back up everything Ms. Myrrar has said i'll be right on it. till then let it go. You aren't the resto druid messiah come to save us from every mathematical and anecdotal proclamation telling the world how to play. fall in line and see the truth. you will look back on this day and realize how misguided you were.