Disc priest healer storys

I did 50% of the healing on twin valk 25man and got hate from the holy pally and his recount.

Then i linked skada...and i bet he was mad

And then on the next attempt (we wiped that time) the druid gets angry for me blowing up orbs in his face (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=67214 and http://www.wowhead.com/spell=67217)

Any disc storys? or holy storys?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    eh' not a lot of stories, mostly getting bitched out in PuGs for doing less than amazing HPS as Disc, I mean ok HPS, but like not as good as like a Holy Pally, or Resto shammy

Quote Originally Posted by symbol12 View Post
    eh' not a lot of stories, mostly getting bitched out in PuGs for doing less than amazing HPS as Disc, I mean ok HPS, but like not as good as like a Holy Pally, or Resto shammy
    recount should have its absorb thing built in standard >.>
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    defiantly

I agree (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...edabsorbs.aspx for anyone who doesn't have it)

Still leveling my priest as disc, hate it when tanks ask not to be shielded due to rage issues

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic View Post
    The amount of fail in this thread is just incredible.
    QFT....

Long time ago in a place called wow there was a patch that eliminated any issues regarding rage and being bubbled.

In a damn near similar place, the healers of note told the rest of the grp to "stfu, your still alive".

so i went to mmo champ and expected to read some intelligent stuff... but then suddenly i saw some retarded thread about retarded things and decided to kill myself...

if i only went to the disco instead of mmo champ

Deleted
    what is this i dont even...

Quote Originally Posted by Putricidegoodnews View Post
    I did 50% of the healing on twin valk 25man and got hate from the holy pally and his recount.

I'm a fan of fiction (which you 50% healing definitely qualifies for here) but I can't even give you a 'cool story bro' for this one. It's been long known that the combat log doesn't accurately track absorbs, and that on a fight like twin valks you're being credited for a lot of the absorbs actually done by the dark / light essences.

Wait, maybe I jumped the gun there... You did say you wiped that attempt. If you'd pre-shielded the entire raid before the pull, and you all wiped within say 10-15 seconds, you might have actually done 50%.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Shield blanketing is certainly very effective on valk25, but it is a fight where absorb guessing addons tend to slip up, or so they say. Correct absorbs are not communicated towards the client, and certainly not as to what spell exactly did the absorb.

I can't wait for catty cmbat log tracking absorbs.

I'm still leveling my disc so no great stories. Just a lot of keeping idiots alive that pull way to much.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    I can't wait for catty cmbat log tracking absorbs.

I'm still leveling my disc so no great stories. Just a lot of keeping idiots alive that pull way to much.
    Not to mention Power Word:Barrier. That's gonna be awesome! I hope they can make the change without beefing up the combat log too much.

To clarify, fail is contained in these posts:

And then on the next attempt (we wiped that time) the druid gets angry for me blowing up orbs in his face (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=67214 and http://www.wowhead.com/spell=67217)

Shield blanketing is certainly very effective on valk25, but it is a fight where absorb guessing addons tend to slip up, or so they say
    The new formatting of the replies is a little awkward so cba to do more. Learn a little bit, and once you're smarter read the first sticky in this priest forum.

Ill try to be informative once here ...

Recount and the like are incredibly faulty in fight involving shielding mechanics, Twin is the most notable example. Your "50% healing" comes from light/dark absorb since addons have no way to guess whose absorb is it.

If played "properly" (ie. the way you are expected to heal when brought into raid), usually disc HPS are far from ok. The story might be different in 10m.

Quote Originally Posted by symbol12 View Post
    Look at heals + absorbs, and EHPS, not plain ol' HPS. EHPS is the measure of what the healer actually provided for the raid, not including overheals. If you're doing well, with the exception of a few fights, you should be topping them.

Quote Originally Posted by zox View Post
    Shield blanketing is certainly very effective on valk25
    Nooooooo! It just isn't so. Shield blanketing is easy and semi-viable, but not even close to very effective. A decent holy priest or resto druid will murder it. Heck a decent holydin will murder it.

Quote Originally Posted by Auraye View Post
    Look at heals + absorbs, and EHPS, not plain ol' HPS. EHPS is the measure of what the healer actually provided for the raid, not including overheals. If you're doing well, with the exception of a few fights, you should be topping them.
    Mostly due to the fact shield always consumed first? If damage isnt fatal, priest shield spamming does as well as druid Hot blanketing, but the priest will have an advantage when it comes to recount/skada guess absorb (save for fights where shielding alone isnt enough like blood queen).

Nooooooo! It just isn't so. Shield blanketing is easy and semi-viable, but not even close to very effective. A decent holy priest or resto druid will murder it. Heck a decent holydin will murder it.
    A 12k shield + 3k initial heal + 1k Divine Aegis = 14k per cast which can be done every second, and you know that the shield will be completely consumed in an AoE. I wouldn't call that ineffective.

"Mostly due to the fact shield always consumed first? If damage isnt fatal, priest shield spamming does as well as druid Hot blanketing, but the priest will have an advantage when it comes to recount/skada guess absorb (save for fights where shielding alone isnt enough like blood queen).
    Yes, due to shields being consumed first. Mechanics normally work to a disc priest's favor. However, I don't agree with the assertion that shield spamming is not as good as HoT blanketing unless the blow would have been fatal, because you're assuming that the next tick, blow, or RNG would not be over the next [x] number of seconds for the HoT to tick.

For the renew spammers, I've got a question: Do you have your healing addon set up so you can see PW:S, and the amount left on it? If so, do you wait until that PW:S has almost fallen off before you toss your HoT on the person? If not, you might consider doing that to figure out a blanket rotation that will make your HoTs less likely to overheal, thus be more effective (assuming that the person is already at full health). Just curious if HoTters are taking advantage of this.
    Last edited by Auraye; 2010-06-25 at 03:15 PM. Reason: added question