Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    PuGs do normally normal content, so make it drop mostly blues and some epics. HM should drop more epics, but not with 100% chance.

That way ppl get to see content and do normal stuff, have mostly blue gear and few epixes that make them go all gidly inside, and the more hard core players will end up mostly epic.

Blue was the new green of wotlk, make blue be blue again.

Changing the existing gear back to blue won't work, it either is or isn't epic, no use to switch it later. Ppl will just QQ wayyytoo much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibs View Post
    PuGs do normally normal content, so make it drop mostly blues and some epics. HM should drop more epics, but not with 100% chance.

That way ppl get to see content and do normal stuff, have mostly blue gear and few epixes that make them go all gidly inside, and the more hard core players will end up mostly epic.

Blue was the new green of wotlk, make blue be blue again.

Changing the existing gear back to blue won't work, it either is or isn't epic, no use to switch it later. Ppl will just QQ wayyytoo much.
    completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by jster View Post
    I think this actually has a ton of value. In TBC i remember (i was social at the start) how awesome it felt to be fully epic'd and how epics would be the !@#$. Now in WoTLK most people can get their alts in full epics the day they hit 80. IMO either make epics more valuable or add a new color for what would ~264+.
    Weird, you must have played a different TBC. I remember bringing freshly dinged alts to Kara all the time to gear the up in a week or two. Purple text wasn't special in TBC either. Nor do I think it should be in Cata either. I like how WotLK is, and lets be honest, it's just a better executed version of what they eventually tried to do in TBC.

If we make it like Vanilla was, I can get some epics on my main toon, while my alts sit around farming Strath and Scholo for their dungeon set and a bunch of blues that are so awful in comparison that, short of starting the whole raid chain again on a new toon, my alts will never amount to anything fun other than struggling through 5 mans with a bunch of blue geared retard pugs.

I can't understand the hardcore snob mindset. I'm not super hardcore, but I'm not casual. I play a lot. I raid, though some nights are on alts, 5-6 nights a week. Some of my gear has little green Heroic text on it. Do I feel that my accomplishments are lesser because some lesser skilled or progressed guilds have similar gear or that the text on their 5 man gear dares to have the same color as mine? No. That's just dumb.

White -> Green -> Blue -> Purple was more of a way of telling what's better than the other, not what's more rare. Lets stop pretending epics have ever been rare or hard to get in this game, except maybe when you're farming Baron for his sword or some equivalent 5 man vanilla epic. I raided MC and BWL, cleared them both, worked on AQ40, and we weren't even remotely the best skilled or coordinated group. In actuality, we liked to fuck around a lot. Epics in vanilla were just a matter of finding 15 good people along with 10 mediocre people that were willing to carry 15 spots of near dead weight. Epics in TBC required 4 - 9 other people, unless you wanted top end, but this thread is about how happy the color purple will be rare again, right? Epics in WotLK are just a tiered emblem version of TBC with a lot more items to choose from.

In short, purples have never been epic in this game, and, to be fair, blues have never been rare either.

Deleted
    I don't really care if my items are either blue or purple. If it have decent stats I'll wear it.

This means nothing if the content is still just as easy as it was/is in LK. It might take an extra couple of days, but without attunements and challenging content everyone's gonna be back in full epics nearly as quick as in LK because clearing content to get this early gear is so pathetically easy. I remember in BC gearing up for Kara in Auchindoun (Mana Tombs, Setthek Halls etc) and they in themselves were challenging. Remember that first boss in Mana Tombs? The big shadow elemental? That boss was HARD. Shattered Halls was HARD. These days it's quite simple to throw 4 or 5 tards together who don't know a thing about their class or the instance encounters and faceroll their ways through.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about the colour of the item as long as it looks pretty....i would wear a full set of greys if it looked good :P

Quote Originally Posted by deathmask divine View Post
    This means nothing if the content is still just as easy as it was/is in LK. It might take an extra couple of days, but without attunements and challenging content everyone's gonna be back in full epics nearly as quick as in LK because clearing content to get this early gear is so pathetically easy. I remember in BC gearing up for Kara in Auchindoun (Mana Tombs, Setthek Halls etc) and they in themselves were challenging. Remember that first boss in Mana Tombs? The big shadow elemental? That boss was HARD. Shattered Halls was HARD.

These days it's quite simple to throw 4 or 5 tards together who don't know a thing about their class or the instance encounters and faceroll their ways through.
    This.
    But let's be happy about a post that does try to cater forum posters, agreeing that the current system is flawed, and we take one step back to normality (TBC).

No idea if someone said anything about it, but what about if they make blues go over ILv200?
    like 264 blue would be alot better than a 232 epic .
    just a random idea.

WOOT! , this is where i hoped for. It has to be a challenge again to get "epic" gear!

Quote Originally Posted by barrinmw View Post
    Raids are harder because they can be. They know there will be a certain balance of people in your raid so they can design encounters based on that. 5 mans can't design around there always being a decurser because there is not always a decurser.

LOL, because I don't want the efforts of someone being marginalized means I am a "'tard"? LOL, just LOL.
    When your solution is different colored text on your gear, yes. Your efforts are rewarded by the better gear you have months before the "lesser" players can get them, unless you stop raiding you will always have better gear, so what's the problem?

You're in tier 12, the dungeon crawler is in tier 11, with a few pieces he got from frost badges. Joe level 76 inspects both of you, who's he more impressed by? You I'd assume, you definetly have a better weapon, which in my brain is the only piece anyone should be proud of. That's what you want, right?

Really, they could do your suggestion and I wouldn't care, I'd laugh at the stupidity, but in the end it's just the fuckin color of the text. But why do you want something so mind-numbingly arbitrary? You have your reward that some one will be able to get later but by then you'll have a new shinier reward. Let your little brother wear your hand-me-downs, Jesus.

You reek of a bad getting carried by a 25man raid. Your loot mongering is fanning it to my nose. "How will people know I'm good without gear to show them? Not my skill... because I have none." That's what my nose told me. It could be wrong, but it's pretty big, so I'm inclined to believe it.

---------- Post added 2010-06-26 at 06:08 PM ----------

My phone crashes, when I try to edit my last post, so ignore my last troll paragraph.

Instead, how would you like epics to only drop in hardmodes, everyone else gets blues. I don't do hardmodes, but I'd be happy. How bout you?

Cataclysm gear reset (just an example!!!)

4.0 \\5m = iL 350B | 5m-hc iL 355B (1st dungeon tier) | Raid = iL 360E (1st raid tier) | Raid-hc = iL = 365E T1.5
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4.1 \\5m = iL 365B | 5m-hc iL 370B (2nd dungeon tier) | Raid = iL 375E (2nd raid tier) | Raid-hc = iL = 380E T2.5
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4.2 \\5m = iL 380B | 5m-hc iL 385B (3th dungeon tier) | Raid = iL 390E (3th raid tier) | Raid-hc = iL = 395E T3.5

"Low" badge = "off piece" Rare (blue) equal in iLeveL to raid tier
    "Hi" badge = "off piece" Epic (purple) equal to iLevel to raid tier

With 4.1 content 1st raid tier is available to players for "low badges"

With 4.2 content 2nd raid tier is available to players for "low badges"

1st Raid tier ~ 2nd dungeon tier!

Quote Originally Posted by xnickybx View Post
    stuff
    Well its moot anyway, one of the probable interpretations of the blue post is that with points you will only be able to buy blue gear. Even with the higher tier of points. Makes sense to me.

Poor Ancilorn made this post and now he no longer works at Blizzard. So either it's a lie or Blizzard wasn't ready to release this information and punished him for it. They probably are waiting to announce that purples will be sold on the Blizzard Store only.

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Poor Ancilorn made this post and now he no longer works at Blizzard. So either it's a lie or Blizzard wasn't ready to release this information and punished him for it. They probably are waiting to announce that purples will be sold on the Blizzard Store only.
    Source plz?

And his getting fired/quitting isn't necessarily related at all.

Get real guys, since Activision got is hands over Blizzard its all good business, TBC was the last epic good feeling. Tbh all special feeling was killed in the day the achieve system was implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentBuckwald View Post
    You're looking at raiding right now. How it's tuned and how you HAVE to have epics to raid. If Blizz decided to make the loot table greens, they would tune the fights/green loot accordingly. Yeah, gear matters. Yeah, I know I need 2 new trinkets and a necklace, but I don't rage when I roll on them and don't get them. I just go clear trash to the next boss.
    Very good point.
    "It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our planet continues unabated, and so we would like to assure you that the guided missiles currently converging with your ship are part of a special service we extend to all of our most enthusiastic clients, and the fully armed nuclear warheads are of course merely a courtesy detail. We look forward to your custom in future lives ... thank you."

Deleted
    [QUOTE=phai;8175109]
    Originally Posted by Ancilorn
    Epic loot should be epic, and something to be very proud of.
    Why are people proud of pixels? I don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    8 piece sets would also help regaining that feeling. Those were hard to gather and this is why they were so awesome. Now who cares they ahve set items if they can get whole set for badges and when every1 has them...
    I think going back to 8 set pieces would be amazing.

You could only get 4 of them from badges, the other 4 only as loot drops. The "best" two set-bonuses would be for 2/4 set naturally, but the 6/8 set bonuses would be worth the time investment to max out the set.... maybe more cool visual or aesthetic things rather then straight up stat boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    I think going back to 8 set pieces would be amazing.

You could only get 4 of them from badges, the other 4 only as loot drops. The "best" two set-bonuses would be for 2/4 set naturally, but the 6/8 set bonuses would be worth the time investment to max out the set.... maybe more cool visual or aesthetic things rather then straight up stat boosts.
    An 8 piece set wouldn't be any harder to acquire then a 5 piece set plus bracers, boots, and a belt. Nor would it feel any more epic.

That being said, I like the aesthetic set bonus idea, but we basically already have that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Silence9 View Post
    An 8 piece set wouldn't be any harder to acquire then a 5 piece set plus bracers, boots, and a belt. Nor would it feel any more epic.

That being said, I like the aesthetic set bonus idea, but we basically already have that now.
    you know what has an epic feeling?

Thrall's Balls.

---------- Post added 2010-07-18 at 02:26 AM ----------

They're Everywhere.