Thread: Should I regem?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should I regem?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...C3%A1yh%C3%A8m is my armory.

would regeming into ArP increase my dps? Currently at 56% without any gems.

Deleted
    Well, it looks like you have both blood and frost specs. For frost you should NEVER gem for ArP, only strength, strength and strength. I don't know much about blood spec as I don't play that, but they do apparently benefit more from ArP.

I've seen several frost DKs gemming for ArP at high gear levels, and doing very well as well.

As for blood, that's my tanking spec. I HATE blood, with capitals. Dps that is.

Basically, gem arp > str at a high gear level. As far as I'm aware the difference between gemming for one or the other is fairly small.

As for whether now is the right time... sim it.

The only sim I like doesn't work for my comp :s Don't remember the name, but it's online and uses MS Silverlight or something.

Deleted
    Use simcraft...

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    Use simcraft...
    I've allready posted I don't like simulators.

just don't gem arp, you will benefit more from the STR at this time

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrol View Post
    just don't gem arp, you will benefit more from the STR at this time
    Could you back up your argument? I will benefit more from the strength at this time. Then why do I see DK's with worse gear than mine gemming ArP?

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Could you back up your argument? I will benefit more from the strength at this time. Then why do I see DK's with worse gear than mine gemming ArP?
    Because they probably don't know what's better.

Quote Originally Posted by mattepatte View Post
    Because they probably don't know what's better.
    Till now, no1 here have proven in any way how anything is the better. I've seen logs of ArP capped frost DK's doing insane dps, but no comparisons. I want to know people's opinions, but if they state something I'd like proof, through logs, sims, own personal experience, etc.

You don't like sims, so you want other people to ... sim for you?

Yeah, you're basically telling us to do something you don't like and ignoring the experienced advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    Yeah, you're basically telling us to do something you don't like and ignoring the experienced advice.
    No one have given any experienced advice. I can state "go Frost presence, it increases your dps", but it won't be true. If I'd given logs, or someone said "I tried it and it was good", that would be better than only the statement. Saying "Str>ArP, cause that's what I do", before you have tried, without any proof, that's not what I want.

@ Laminated, again. I. Hate. Simulators. I use one simulator, that's Femaledwarf for my hunter.

TL;DR : Experienced advice my ass, and yes, if someone'd sim it for me it would be nice, as I will not do it myself, cause I do not: Understand, manage to use, or want to use simulators myself.

if you can gem to the 1200+ armor pen that you need to get to 90% its more beneficial than strength for blood dks. Its been simmed/tested/beaten like a dead horse over on EJ. Playing a blood dk is like playing a warrior most everything is physical, therefor armor pen is better.

lazy ass fake elitist.

Having visited some elitist jerks forums, I've seen that frost/unholy specs require you to go for the ArP cap. You should google it for more info as I can't post links yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephilia View Post
    lazy ass fake elitist.
    Elitists use simulator. And no, I'm not lazy.

Let's say you had a book you hated in another room, you wouldn't go there to fetch it and read it. I hate sims. I don't use sims. Simple as that.

@ GushDH, sure you mean unholy and not blood?

@ Hiboyslol I'm Frost, not blood

Lets have a look at the dps sticky for this forum..

Only use ArP gems if you know what you're doing (aka you simmed it and are happy with the expected outcome)
    If you are unable, or too lazy, to follow the steps above your dps will suffer very slightly. However, it is unlikely you'd notice the difference in any given fight. Because of this, gemming all 20 str past hit cap with 1 nightmare tear for the agility meta is viable. You will have to deal with people calling you an idiot for being unable to gem properly, though.

edit:

Let's say you had a book you hated in another room, you wouldn't go there to fetch it and read it. I hate sims.
    So you'd ask someone else to fetch you the book and read it to you instead?
    Last edited by LaminatedSmore; 2010-06-24 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaminatedSmore View Post
    Lets have a look at the dps sticky for this forum..
    You highlighted the wrong word.

If you are unable, or too lazy, to follow the steps above your dps will suffer very slightly. However, it is unlikely you'd notice the difference in any given fight. Because of this, gemming all 20 str past hit cap with 1 nightmare tear for the agility meta is viable. You will have to deal with people calling you an idiot for being unable to gem properly, though.
    I stated it earlier but removed it. It is one sim I manage to use, but it doesn't work for my comp, of strange reasons.