Thread: 1 more button

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lightbulb 1 more button

hey, Blizz. you said, that retri paladin doesnt have enough buttons for play. so, why are you removing one of them? you want to add Crusader Strike to all paladins and instead of this, there will be super-imba talent in your style - +10% to its damage... why wouldnt you want to add some new ability? one more button! for example, replaced and redesigned Hammer Of Righteous, Hammer Of Wrath with 9% proc chance, like Execute (of course, with less damage and critical strike chance), Holy Wrath usable against players (damn, I so want it, even without stun), or something new? we have a big HOLE in our DPS rotation. 3 damage buttons its nothing vs 10 death knight's buttons or vs 10 warrior's buttons and non-cooldowned slam. make just a one more strike for us. thank you =))

and +1 for glyph to remove all DoTs from the target.
    we need an increased Repetance's duration. why only 5 seconds on players? why Fear without cooldown has 10 seconds duration? why Blind has 10 seconds duration? why Polymorph has 10 seconds duration without cooldown? even sap has 10 seconds! and what about Repetance? too imba yeah? or just make its cooldown a little lower, at least to 30 seconds. will be like Scream of Horror. but more sucks, of course.

we will be happy, really. thanks you. I hope, somehow, Blizz, maybe, you will hear me with moderator's help. =))
    Last edited by shekspeare; 2010-06-24 at 01:45 PM.

You sir, apparantly forgot about exorsism, that + check out the mobs in pve, a lot of those are Undead / demon and so can be hurt with Holy wrath.
    and oh ye, concecration

Karazhan, Naxx, ToC(twins), ICC
    i'd say Black temple has lots of demons so that 1 as well.

Yes there is a hole i agree, but you're going all emo about it and forget skills we have you apparantly don't use?

And we paladins have a nice burst dmg in pvp.
    we don't need repentance that badly

GL in your game
    Last edited by Dwergaapje; 2010-06-24 at 01:03 PM.

burst in PvP? did you ever try to kill a healer? its happening like that:
    Judgement, Crusader Strike, Divine Strom and Exorcism... auto-attack, auto-attack, auto-attack, auro attack... healer already has full hp.
    and then the same rotation and again and again. it can be forever till OOM.
    I was talking about hole in dps rotation in PvP too, not only about PvE.
    so, why Holy Wrath cant be cast on players. holy damage - its holy damage. its lore? or, your paladin can hit by his holy magic only demons at all? I think, this attack can be used for players too. look at other classes - noone havnt such ability only for non-players. well, almost noone. I dont think, it will be too imba. just 1 more button, thats all. because, Exorcism hae a cooldown, and this Holy Wrath will replace it every 15 seconds.
    Last edited by shekspeare; 2010-06-24 at 12:42 PM.

I didn't know fear was always 10seconds
    Quote Originally Posted by XaCez
    You base your performance on GS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shekspeare View Post
    burst in PvP? did you ever try to kill a healer? its happening like that:
    Judgement, Crusader Strike, Divine Strom and Exorcism... auto-attack, auto-attack, auto-attack, auro attack... healer already has full hp.
    and then the same rotation and again and again. it can be forever till OOM.
    Well, most paladins would stun them. I think you're an exception.

you want to kill a target while it stunned? where? on arena? taret with 1200 resilience? you must be pro.

Deleted
    i'm hoping for more complexity in retri rotation but atm i'm a bit disappointed in what i'm seeing :\

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=6215#comments

fear - 10 seconds duration against players, no?

---------- Post added 06-24-2010 at 12:49 PM ----------

oh, you have another great rotation, yes? show it. I want to see your legendary burst in 3-4 buttons.

Atm if you mess with your priority you lose a lot less than other classes do, that's what blizz wants to fix... they want our "rotation" less forgiving.

Btw they're not removing a button (unless you mean we'll have one less blessing ^^): CS baseline means that also prot and holy get that strike, but ret still has it. They're adding holy shock as baseline too, so actually it's one more button for ret, not one less.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Deleted
    you want to kill a target while it stunned? where? on arena? taret with 1200 resilience? you must be pro.
    Well, most paladins would have enough brains to understand that you have to TIME a stun to do it when he's on low hp to make sure you can continue dpsing while he cant heal, and use repentance to prevent it even more. I think you're an exception.

I know about Crusader Strike. but, in that slot in Retri tree they could add some new ability. and they added this crap with +10% damage. also, nobody dont know change with Divine Storm. it could be 55% weapon damage to all targets, even for a single target.

Just stun the enemy healer and judge for 150 damage while your rogue partner kills the enemy. Hey, you can at least pretend you're being useful.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

sure, sure. you so cool, that you can make healer low hp without stun. mostly paladins cant do that, and you can. did you ever had a fight with 1200 resi restoration druid? I want to see, how you do that. for pally its almost impossible make him to 50% hp. even with stun.
    of course, of course, you are exception, big daddy.

I know about Crusader Strike. but, in that slot in Retri tree they could add some new ability. and they added this crap with +10% damage. also, nobody dont know change with Divine Storm. it could be 55% weapon damage to all targets, even for a single target.
    Whatever it will be, it will be an upgraded CS. If not 10% more damage it will be a dot, a snare, a cleave, who knows. Think of it like how Heart Strike replaces Blood Strike for blood DKs.

It seems DS will do half damage so we "shouldn't" use it on single target but only on AoE, replacing it with... holy shock maybe?

Edit regarding PvP on healers: they're not meant to die against a single DPS unless after a few good minutes. Some DPS can still kill them 1v1, but it's usually someone with interrupts, healing reduction or even both.

Disclaimer: before you jump in with "omg l2stun", i'm talking about geared and skilled healers. Of course noob healers without a clue will die in the stun, but everything that survives will heal to full in a couple of casts. As long as the healer knows it he'll stay full all the time and prevent you from killing him. This is not a whine, i'm reasonably fine with ret in pvp, just wanted to point a couple of things to non-paladins whining like crybabies in our forum section.
    Last edited by Shornaal; 2010-06-24 at 01:05 PM.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Holy Shock? you think, it will be still holy damage with such a big heal?
    they will make it like others - attack with less holy or even physical damage, and with less heal or with bigger cooldown. and its just a replacing. no any new buttons. for static target, at least.

Rofl guys i wanted to react on his re post :P you all did it for me

exactly, a healer usually dies by my hand when i TIME my stun with stuff off cooldown while he allrdy lost part of his hp, but mweh not everyone gets pvp i guess,

Have you heard about the paladin who got his extra button?
    he fails and complains on the forums about why the extra skill button is not good.

I think you just aren't as good in pvp as you want to be and your looking for an excuse to say why you're not winning.

as said GL in your game.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=6215#comments

fear - 10 seconds duration against players, no?

---------- Post added 06-24-2010 at 12:49 PM ----------

oh, you have another great rotation, yes? show it. I want to see your legendary burst in 3-4 buttons.
    You failed it... Just about all classes either have something to prevent fear or have a 30% reduce on it... Palas have 30% reduce, shamans dont yet they have tremor, warrior dont yet they have beserker rage, Just about all classes have a way of countering fear... yet only 2 have a way of countering Poly

According to multiple blue post threads, single dps is not supposed to be able to kill a healer at similar gear levels. Don't set that as the bar for success, because its not a reasonable expectation.

OMG. I just tried to make a new suggestion for us, and you trying to say me, that we are fine and we dont need anything for buff. ok, we are fine. no problem. you guys strange, I cant understand you. have you ever got 2200+ rating in retri? all gladiators? I cant make higher than 1800-1950 in 3v3 - all spell cleaves destroying us in seconds. but, ok, retri fine. 4% in top arena of retri paladins - its good for you.

---------- Post added 06-24-2010 at 01:12 PM ----------

really? so, why my warrior can make almost any target to 50% hp while its in Hammer Of Justice and my paladin cant? why my warrior can kill any clotherer or leatherer in 5 global cooldowns and my paladin cant? while target under the heal, of course. but, its ok, we are fine.
    Last edited by shekspeare; 2010-06-24 at 01:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you have the T10 2set bonus u should be Judgement, Crusader Strike, Divine Strom and Exorcism... auto-attack, auto-attack, auto-attack, auro attack...

should be more like Judgement, divine storm, crusader strike, divine storm, judgement something abit like this

as blizard all ready said they realy likes the 2 set bonus idea for rets and expect to see it on future tiers
    Your speaker volume BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU!