Blizzard Entertainment: Contest

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/communi...s/writing2010/

Just wanted to leave that around for everyone at the RP forum to read.

My opinions? Great! Will I participate..... sadly I don't think I got what it takes, but maybe you guys can get it done!

There's also a link of last contest winner, I read the first line and nothing else as I really am not interested much in the
    Blood elf faction leader.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/community/contests/writing/

Good luck to anyone that tries! You could be the lucky winner to get a trip to Blizzard HQ!
    Last edited by Mistress Elizabeth; 2010-06-24 at 01:25 PM.
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

Lady of the Lore Syrra Coventry's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm... *weg*

I think I'll be jumping ahead in Syrra's story a bit and do a short-story excerpt from smack in the middle of things. What I have in Call of the Wolf is already over 7,500 words. lol *sighs*

Yeah, I'm going to do it. Why not? Last time I did a writing contest, it got me a TBC Beta key. lol

Edit: Oh...and you might want to fix your link. The first one...? It's broken. Just a tad, but yeah.

fixed
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress

maybe I'll do a continuation of Morzath's story, or the prequel. This sounds interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe i join next year i feel like i'm a little to weak at my english skill and my stories usally get very long and boring.

Oh, I will have to do this!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    I might fiddle around with something to hand in before the deadline, but it will be completely different from anything I have put on this site.

Skylar, The Twilight Shadow.
    Shan'do Ninsho Wisepaw, Wardancer and future Shodo-Pan.

I have noticed your language skills go up in these past few days. My work here has payed off then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    haha:P
    I was thinking of taking a look at the psychological aspect of being a solider in the Warcraft universe, you never hear about what its like to be a cannon fodder in Warcraft's rules of engagement...
    Not like The Hurt Locker or anything, but the "alliance footmen" you see everywhere have their own troubles/families/fears you know.
    Last edited by stalling; 2010-06-25 at 07:54 AM.

Skylar, The Twilight Shadow.
    Shan'do Ninsho Wisepaw, Wardancer and future Shodo-Pan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...started in earnest, but sadly, I can't post any of it here. :\

One of the rules is we cannot post it publicly on the web... *sadsadface*

I suppose that's a good thing...

that sucks :/

So you cant post it even after the contest? Because I would love everyone to post theirs after the contest :]

I started a story a few days back. Somewhat lengthy already, but it's not even half done :/

One thing I'm noticing from these posts is that people are continuing stories about lore characters. Was that a requirement or can we write a whole new story about WoW? D:
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    I started a story a few days back. Somewhat lengthy already, but it's not even half done :/

One thing I'm noticing from these posts is that people are continuing stories about lore characters. Was that a requirement or can we write a whole new story about WoW? D:
    You mean for the writing contest? They just have to be in the WoW, Diablo, or Starcraft "universe". They do not need to be about established lore characters.

I had a bit of an ordeal on the WoW forums with other users until a Blue confirmed that query...

---------- Post added 2010-06-25 at 10:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Elizabeth View Post
    that sucks :/

So you cant post it even after the contest? Because I would love everyone to post theirs after the contest :]
    I'm not sure... I think it's more like, if you write the story and submit it, it becomes their proper for purposes of fair use and advertisement. That's the feeling I get, anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I don't wnat to give them any of my current ideas... maybe I'll start something new up... I had ben thinking about writing about the Remnant of the Scarlet Crusade...

10+ Year Old Account
    *nods* I'm writing about one of Syrra's encounters I'd not intended for Call of the Wolf.

Deleted
    Oh... this is interesting, too bad i don't have the english skill for this though, my adjectives aren't exactly any advanced...

sure everybody has a chance, but it's so friggin' small if you're know there'll be thousands of people, who's native language is english