Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Fast tanking weapons are really, really bad. So much so that a DK using fast-fast will need to spam IT to keep up with the threat.
    I had it happen to me in a halls of reflection. Normally as a DK dps its hard for me to overtake the tank because of our long ramp up time, but on this one time I had to hold back numerous times to let the tank get some threat.

I am going to put money on it that the DK tanks that are having threat problems are not macroing to activate Rune Strike on every one of their attacks so that is always going off. The problem may not be the weapon(s), but spell/skill usage. That being said, if you like DW fast/fast weapons and you have no aggro issues, than stay with what you like. If you are having aggro probelms, maybe look to slower, harder hitting weapons. Or, just screw what you like and be a sheep and do what the forums told you because why would you play a game and have fun when you can just blindly follow all the people yelling at you?

that being said, for DK's having aggro issues (and even those not) try this macro if you are not using it already:

#showtooltip SKILLNAMEHERE
    /cast !Rune Strike
    /cast SKILLNAMEHERE

P.S. before some forum bully jumps down my throat, I tank in blood with a 2h dps weapon. (I enjoy blood over frost...my personal opinion, if you like DW frost better, simply enjoy the game and do it.)
    Tacocat is a palindrome.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like fast/fast, you have serious issues. It's like hitting stuff with a wet towel when you could whack them silly with a big mean hammer: it's not fun being inferior when you could do so much better, unless you like to torture yourself and your group (especially your ego :P).

Deleted
    funny that this thread happens today. i just asked a frost DW tank guildy of mine if he could farm 2 1H DPS weapons. he was using dual rimefang. i even linked him 2 1Hers he could use (nighttime and black icicle). he said he would do so.

Last night ICC25 pug - me DK dw frost tank, and one druid tank and one pally tank
    big gear difference - they are on 5800gs, me on 5300 (just for clear picture on gear difference, not that i belive in gs), me having 2 slow 251 axes
    I had to just auttoatack on marrowgar for 40% of fight, didnt want to surpass druids tps who was MT, i mean dk tps is really huge...i also have druid tank and i do it fine, but dks are just way ahead other tank in tps