Page 1 of 3
LastLast

About the events in Cataclysm (C'thun)

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up yet, but doesn't this pretty much confirm that Deathwing was influenced by C'thun?

--Cho'gall

"When the child of the three realms becomes as light, the ancient power will be released. The earth will tremble. The seas will rise up in answer, and all will be madness. A new day will dawn, bringing with it chaos or peace. Our master is a god of chaos! Pandemonium will aid the old one's release! To this end, we will weaken the barrier between Azeroth and the Elemental Plane. This will allow our great master to reclaim its former elemental servants and send them to rampage throughout our world."

But the only problem with this is how C'thun was transported from Ahn'qiraj to Twilight Highlands.

I'm really really hoping the Me'dan/Cho'Gall part of the manga won't be canon.

The elementals have always been affiliated with the old gods. As for Deatwhing, he did go mad in the first place because of Old Gods. He was aspect of the earth, which also was where the old gods where imprisoned.
    Last edited by Lugo Moll; 2010-06-24 at 01:21 PM.

well im not exactly sure what that manga was talking about but im pretty sure most everyone knew he was influenced by an old god. and i always assumed it wasnt yogg because he was securely put away untill recently. soooo C'thune makes sence.

I suspect this to be canon (I'm not that good at lore) because of the fact that it matches perfectly with whats happening right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ThExPriDe View Post
    But the only problem with this is how C'thun was transported from Ahn'qiraj to Twilight Highlands.
    Cho'gall invited him to a party group and Cho'gall then proceeded to summon him with a couple of mates

and yeah the old gods have ties to the elementals. they were the original guardians of azeroth (guardians used very loosely) then the titans created the dragons and they took their places and became true guardians. the old gods are super powerfull. they just want to be released from their prisons and the way they seem to think they will get out is by causing as much chaos as possible. and releasing all the elements who spend all their time fighting each other is a pretty good way to do that.

the novels pass the impression that he was influenced by many Old Gods, if not all, like the many times the voiceS in Neltharion's head spoke with him

pure speculation here, but this could mean the next xpac is an old god killing spree

Quote Originally Posted by hom View Post
    the novels pass the impression that he was influenced by many Old Gods, if not all, like the many times the voiceS in Neltharion's head spoke with him

pure speculation here, but this could mean the next xpac is an old god killing spree
    lol i would love to kill an old god but i dont ever see us actually killing an old god. just stabbing them in the eye again.

Well then, the Old God of Chaos and the Old God of Death, wonder whats next.

Old God of Life? Is that even possible for an Old God to be relatively "good"?

maybe he is like the nerdy little brother who gets beat up for wanting to read instead of destroying the world

Quote Originally Posted by Inos View Post
    lol i would love to kill an old god but i dont ever see us actually killing an old god. just stabbing them in the eye again.
    we stabbed one in the eye at level 60.

pretty much mouthraped one at level 80.

I don't see why we couldn't KILL one or another at level 85 (C'thun setback means he will be actually killed?) or 90 (others to come, Old Gods pantheon in all)

Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    I'm really really hoping the Me'dan/Cho'Gall part of the manga won't be canon.
    It will be canon, in spite of how Mary Sue the character of Me'dan is. As far as I know, Cho'Gall and C'thun were never separated; Cho'Gall being the Old God's new host body. During the final battle, he was crushed beneath a part of Ahn'Qiraj, but this, apparently, did not kill him. That being said, Cho'Gall could have simply staggered off from the battle, used the Twilight's Hammer to have himself transported to Grim Batol once news of Deathwing coming soon reached his ears, and then set up camp in the Bastion of Twilight.

C'thun was NOT one of the Old Gods that was chained up; he was considered dead, so was not counted in the number of those who were imprisoned...In fact, he's probably not even one of 'The Three' we hear about so often. If he's still attached to Cho'Gall, he could have been transported to Grim Batol that way and upon reaching the point where he could be excised from his host's body, he might have been tossed into the lower chambers. If that is not the case, then perhaps the terrifying secret is ANOTHER fight with Cho'Gall after we all fall down into the lava, revealing that the Old God could take control of the ogre's body and make it even more monstrous after we've killed him.

We won't know WHAT is down there until we manage to try it out.

Deleted
    Deathwing was influenced by all Old Gods, not just one.

All (no confirmed number) if not many of the old gods influenced Neltharion, as they had all pulled together for there diabolical twisting of the earth warden's mind as plan to escape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sapiorion View Post
    All (no confirmed number) if not many of the old gods influenced Neltharion, as they had all pulled together for there diabolical twisting of the earth warden's mind as plan to escape.
    Ahh... So Deathwing isn't completly evil and insane after all.

Poor guy just gave into peer-pressure.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

Quote Originally Posted by Direfen View Post
    Ahh... So Deathwing isn't completly evil and insane after all.

Poor guy just gave into peer-pressure.
    lol, yeah. that made me think that redemption would be cheesy for Deathwing. also, if he, as a aspect, represents Azeroth itself, if we kill it, wouldn't the world go crazy or something? since Mages still exist after Malygos died, I guess not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hom View Post
    lol, yeah. that made me think that redemption would be cheesy for Deathwing. also, if he, as a aspect, represents Azeroth itself, if we kill it, wouldn't the world go crazy or something? since Mages still exist after Malygos died, I guess not.
    I think Kalecgos will be chosen as a new aspect of magic, just waitin for the Titans to pay us a visit

Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    I think Kalecgos will be chosen as a new aspect of magic, just waitin for the Titans to pay us a visit
    yeah, Kalecgos would be my guess too, and the Titans chosing it makes sense, since they created the Aspects. I can't think of a substitute for Deathwing, tho

at some point we'll be dealing directly with the Titans, since we'll have to confront Sargeras, so that would be the perfect timing for these new Aspects.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see a dragon/ old god hybrid :P

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I want to see a dragon/ old god hybrid :P
    Of course you would. If said thing existed I bet it would be in Grim Batol too.. (Hint hint)