Unhappy ICC 25 destro DPS

Just curious how much DPS should I put out given my current gear eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt&cn=Kucki (not allowed to post links yet)
    Granted its not the best gear outthere, I think its pretty decent. My DPS however, is low. I see other warlocks with worse gear doing more DPS than me in ICC 25. Maybe its my spec, maybe its the gemming or maybe wrong rotation. Any help to improve my DPS would be highly appreciated.

Spec / Gemming / Gear is visible from my armory link.
    My rotation is the standard destro rotation: Open (and keep up) Life Tap buff / Immolate / Curse of Doom / Conflagrate / Chaos Bolt ---> spam Incinerate making sure Immolate is always up, and hitting Confl/Chaos whenever they're off the cooldown.
    For Pet, I use Imp.

The only thing that comes to mind is to replace Nibelung (although it breaks my heart ) with the Frozen Bonespike from Marrow, and add a off-hand. Not sure what else I can do to improve my overall dps. And speaking of DPS...in ICC 25 Im doing anywhere between 5k - 7k depending on boss, and 10k - 13k on aoe. The problem is that there are locks with worse gear than me, who were pulling 8k - 9k on single target / boss.

As I said earlier, any help / advice is appreciated.
    Cheers!

First off, Spirit/Crit gems and Pure Haste gems are no good.

As a warlock, you use 4 different kinds of gems, regardless of your spec (and including their Dragon's Eye counterparts if you are a JC)
    Runed Cardinal Ruby
    Reckless Ametrine
    Purified Dreadstone
    Chaotic Skyflare

If a 5sp bonus is 1 blue socket, it is not worth it
    If a 7sp/9sp bonus (with a red gem), gem for it.
    Follow these guidlines with the gems I listed, and you'll be fine.

Period.

Secondly, I believe cookie-cutter destro is 0/13/58 (drop unholy power, fel dom, and soul link for soul leech/improved soul leech). For that spec your glyphs should be Conflag, Immolate, and Incinerate. I'm not to up to date on destro nor an unholy power build's viability, but I think imp soul leech is better. (Anyone please chime in and correct me if I'm wrong). You're 3% over hit cap for destruction and using one of the worst caster trinkets in game (Misguided Quill). Grab an Abyssal Rune or Spyglass, anything to ditch that god awful trinket. 17% is the spell hit cap, but if you're a part of a raid that doesn't utilize some form of spell hit buff through a Shadow Priest or Moonkin, probably not that good of a raid in the first place. It isn't optimal to gear for the full 17% hit. Your priority list sounds fine, just see to it that you prioritize Conflag before Chaos Bolt. Spam that buttan. And of course the obvious, get 4p T10 asap.
    Last edited by Struggle; 2010-06-24 at 01:33 PM.

Deleted
    Allright.

I'd say with your current level, and 25% buff, you must be hitting a 10k, but 8.5k minimum. Let's take that for rotface/marrowgar since they're quite casterfine.
    Anyway, I'd say you regem really. I mean.. 10crit10spirit, lolwut?

-> 23 SP in any red slot.
    -> 12sp/10haste in yellow.
    -> 12sp/10spirit in blue sockets, where bonus is 5sp+
    -> Never gem a pure gem, except if it's 23SP (RED). So no 20 hastes.

Get the another specc going. I'd say go with either lifeleech, or with ShadowFury (<always helpfull)

Try not to aim for higher iLVL, be less tuned on it as you are now. Best items for you have following stats:
    Code:
    +stam
    +int
    +spirit
    --
    Increases spellpower
    Increases haste
    Then somewhere also able to get, but tiny worser then above:
    Code:
    +stam
    +int
    --
    Increases spellpower
    Increases crit
    Increases haste
    And at the bottom list is anything such as...
    Code:
    +stam
    +int
    +spirit
    --
    Increases spellpower
    Increases crit
    Also, get the 4pc. Even if you have to fill those 2 parts with 251's, it's worth it. Try to replace your head as first, followed by shoulders pref.
    As weapon, aim for weapons such as Dying Light. Many people aren't good with Nibelung, due to it's lack of stats. I personally think it's good enough with it's procc. Don't use it for fights with heavy AoE, such as Festerluls/BloodQueen/.. Since you basicly have 0 valkyrs due to 'em dying.

You might aswell wanna get Maghari's staff, heroic pref. but seen your current gear i think it's not possible for you yet.

Last, but not least.
    Your trinkets. Basicly the ones from Naxx10 (Maexxna) & ToC5 are better. No, not the int one, but the haste one.

Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    ToC5 are better. No, not the int one, but the haste one.
    Abyssal Rune.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, I suggest you to chech wowmb.net for some advices regarding the spec, also if I were you I'd change trinkets (Frost one is terrbile) also as stated above you should get 4pT10 (I would take the headpiece and shoulders since they are well-itemized) plus you should get Main hand (Frozen Bonespike) and offhand (Scourgelord's Batton). You should also fix your gems, as stated above.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) Do not gem 20 haste. Gem 12 sp/10 haste instead.
    2) Get rid of your awful trinkets. Get Abyssal Rune from ToCh asap.
    3) Get 4pcT10 - drop your 264 head and shoulders even for 251 set pieces. The bonus is worth it.
    4) Get rid of Nibelung. 1H+OH combo is almost everytime better, coz there is lot of wasted item points on 2H (from lock's pov). We don't care bout stam and int.
    5) Hit cap is indeed 17%, but assuming you have SHpriest (or talented oomkin) in your raid, your goal is 14%.
    6) Change LT glyph for Immo glyph and change your spec to 0.13.58 (with improved soul leach). You should get better results.
    7) SimCraft is your friend.

Read this.
    This space for rent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Czhmoud View Post
    plus you should get Main hand (Frozen Bonespike) and offhand (Scourgelord's Batton). You should also fix your gems, as stated above.
    Pretty nogo for a warlock..

Thank you all for your input. Greatly appreciated!!!

people underestimate soul link too much i wouldnt make a destro spec without it, 20% less dmg at all times is helpful in all situations i can lose the 30 dps or whatever it is that replen actually gives you

Quote Originally Posted by tyden49 View Post
    people underestimate soul link too much i wouldnt make a destro spec without it, 20% less dmg at all times is helpful in all situations i can lose the 30 dps or whatever it is that replen actually gives you
    If you are taking damage where you need soul link you are standing in fire, PVP'ing, or your healers suck. Maximize your dps.

---------- Post added 2010-06-27 at 08:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    Pretty nogo for a warlock..
    you probably have a stave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    If you are taking damage where you need soul link you are standing in fire, PVP'ing, or your healers suck. Maximize your dps.
    Lich King's infest? Bql's bloodbolt whirl? Bonestorm? Pungent blight? Sindragosa's unchained magic?
    I'd take soul link over replenishement anytime.

spec affliction and the rest is history
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by kreda View Post
    Lich King's infest? Bql's bloodbolt whirl? Bonestorm? Pungent blight? Sindragosa's unchained magic?
    I'd take soul link over replenishement anytime.
    You should take soul link over backlash, it's a lot less valuable than ISL.

and dont forget when comparing your dam/dps with others, u have to factor in raid composition, ie, do u raid with a demo, sp, boomer and ele shaman , etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post

you probably have a stave.
    You sure bro?