Undocumented AH Change or did i miss somthing?

i noticed today (in 3.3.5) that enchanting materials now have a 1 silver deposit on the AH. before today, enchanting materials had a 0 deposit. I used that fact to maintain large numbers of unpopular enchanting materials on the AH without the risk of losing money. some of the low level enchanting materials sell for 30 copper and less. with a 1s deposit, selling low level enchanting materials will no longer be profitable (at least in small stacks).

i hadn't payed much attention before today, so it is is possible that this change happened earlier without me noticing.

hmm thats new but yeah chanting mats were always free on the AH

Press in dire situations http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Deleted
    about time

Noticed this recently myself, believe it went live Tuesday.

Like I said in the other post that's exactly like this one, you get your deposit back when an item sells. The only thing this keeps you from doing is flooding the AH over and over with crap items that you know will never sell.

But like he said, is used the no deposit feature to keep low level enchanting mats in the AH without fear of money loss. Now if something doesn't sell, there's a good chance the deposit was more than the item was worth.

If they're going to make us put down a deposit for enchanting items, they should at least give them a sell price.

This really sucks. I was making a lot of gold from buying stacks of enchanting mats and relisting them individually. They didn't all sell the first time I listed them however they did sell in the end. Now I'll be losing money. damnit

Quote Originally Posted by majinbuu1023 View Post
    This really sucks. I was making a lot of gold from buying stacks of enchanting mats and relisting them individually. They didn't all sell the first time I listed them however they did sell in the end. Now I'll be losing money. damnit
    So you're the guy that lists 200 infinite dust in stacks of... 1.

finally we will get rid of those 17 pages of single dust...

Bye Bye single dust I will miss you

Good, now we'll have less people complaining about having too much money. Down with capitalism!

Deleted
    Does 1 silver really make that much of a difference?

If a one silver deposit being lost is eating into your profits too much, find a new way to make money is my advice.