Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think death knights are fine when i play then i do pretty well its just a matter of pumping out damage well, you literally have to do something all the time, you cant stop mashing buttons and use your runic power for spam death coils when its maxed. Death knights also have allot of survivability, although compared to warriors Death knights are severely under powered, warriors are at the top of the PVP chain and have been there for as long as i can remember.

Going to get warrior hate now

As for PVE i cant really say, i haven't raided in a very long time but i remember dual wield frost was good(that could not be the case now).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dks are not bad at pvp. Unholy is pretty dam good at bgs/arenas and blood is good all round.

I never read your post cause well Im half cut and ur title explaines it all and I;d rather not readd your post because of your title. But... mabye. Your just shit. mabye the scotsmans too bold i duno?

---------- Post added 2010-06-24 at 11:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Creptius View Post
    I think death knights are fine when i play then i do pretty well its just a matter of pumping out damage well, you literally have to do something all the time, you cant stop mashing buttons and use your runic power for spam death coils when its maxed. Death knights also have allot of survivability, although compared to warriors Death knights are severely under powered, warriors are at the top of the PVP chain and have been there for as long as i can remember.

Going to get warrior hate now

As for PVE i cant really say, i haven't raided in a very long time but i remember dual wield frost was good(that could not be the case now).
    warriors aint at the top of the pvp chain u tit. I will roflstom any warrior.
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Maybe 1v1 but in arena warriors are top dogs.
    Last edited by Creptius; 2010-06-24 at 10:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by skaarrj View Post
    I suck at PvP and want blizzard to fix me so I can faceroll.
    That's what I read in your post. Come back when you've pvp'd as a warrior and only have one resource available that's essentially half of yours. you get runes + "rage". warriors, i believe, only have rage.

at the rest of you: saying that warriors are OP and at the same time pointing out resource failures in DKs is just stupid. stupid stupid stupid.

OP gets 0/10 for effort but 10/10 for being so useless he actually made me laugh out loud.
    Last edited by Shinshiva; 2010-06-24 at 10:43 PM. Reason: spelling and clarification

10+ Year Old Account
    How wonderful. More useless heckling from the peanut gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post
    That's what I read in your post.
    Nnnnnnnnnno, you didn't. Please actually read his post before you claim to. This was made pretty obvious by this quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post
    Come back when you've pvp'd as a warrior
    Response:
    I took a long break from my Death Knight in both PvE and PvP. I played my warrior instead
    I will happily continue to play my arms warrior in pvp if that is the path blizzard wants me to go down.
    I returned to my Death Knight 2 days ago.
    Couldn't resist, seeing as how your entire dismissal of the OP's post seemed to be based around "warriors only have one resource, you don't know what it's like!". Also, I'm not sure who said warriors are OP, I have seen many posts that were simply discussing whether they were at the top of the PvP chain or not. They're not OP, they're simply very, very useful. Final report grade: D-. Please make sure you read the assigned material all the way through.
    85 paladin Prot/Holy, 85 warlock Destro/Affliction, 85 priest Holy/Disc, 85 druid Feral/Resto, 85 shaman Resto/Enhancement, 85 rogue Combat/Combat, 85 mage Fire/Arcane, 85 death knight Blood/Frost, 85 warrior Prot/Arms, 85 hunter Surv/BM.

My name is Citaxis, and I'm an altoholic. My first step is admitting I have a problem. I even have the addon.

Deleted
    At first I tought posters here were trolling. Then, slowly but steadily, I realised people are just goddamn awfull at this game. "LOL WARRIOR RESOURCE RAGE; YOU GOT RUNES AND RAGE HERP DERP". Seriously, do you play the same game as I do?

Death Knights, they are pretty balanced overall, they just don't fit the meta. DKs aren't bringin the damage, they are bringin survibility and control. In Wotlk, damage is sadly more important. That's why the most popular DK comps are tsg and phdk, because hunters and warriors retarded damage makes up for the lack of DKs, and DKs good controll (paired with paladins broken immunities - but that's another story) allows the damage dealers to go all out and smash their targets in no time. Blizzard could give more damage and nerf DKs in some other way, but then again that would be pretty dull homogeneziation (spelling?).

While DKs do fulfill a certain role, it's just not... well, quite there in this expansion. DKs aren't the problem, meta-game is.

PS. It's sad how people are defending their classes. It's not your fault if your class is OP; likewise, it's not end of the world if you are not good at this game. Get a grip and stop blaming everything else than yourself if you aren't doing good. While every class has it's weaknesses, imagine one without any. Yeah, that's what 90% of mmo-champions community hopes for their class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Death Knights, they are pretty balanced overall, they just don't fit the meta. DKs aren't bringin the damage, they are bringin survibility and control.
    Boy, I wish I could've summed up my first post this well. My hat off to you sir, this is the TL,DR version of my first post I couldn't quite boil down.
    85 paladin Prot/Holy, 85 warlock Destro/Affliction, 85 priest Holy/Disc, 85 druid Feral/Resto, 85 shaman Resto/Enhancement, 85 rogue Combat/Combat, 85 mage Fire/Arcane, 85 death knight Blood/Frost, 85 warrior Prot/Arms, 85 hunter Surv/BM.

My name is Citaxis, and I'm an altoholic. My first step is admitting I have a problem. I even have the addon.

DK's aint that bad, they just not have a damage dealing ability that have potential to burst someone down. Its all about the deseases ticking, which is easy outhealable.

Other than that they are still good, with 10sec cd on interrupt, silence, AMS and IBF to make up for the low damage output.

For good success in arena you need to find yourself either a class with healin debuff or an affl lock for dispell protection

u fail, 'nough said

Deleted
    Dks pwn most casters 1on1, though there is alot of counters to dks, but come on! wow pvp isnt balanced around 1on1 -.-

Dks are really bad against some teams in the 2on2 bracked, but are really bad against some teams in the 2v2 bracket, thats because they cant kill everything alone.. they need help

Dks are really goodin the 3on3 bracked because they are one of the best peeling classes atm with desecration, chains of ice, death grip, silence, stun, etc etc. They can also do pretty nice damage, this with a warriors damage and MS effect or an afflic locks cleave damage is INSANE.

So please stop saying dks are bad, they're NOT

Quote Originally Posted by rkoehorst View Post
    As the OP mentioned, there is not a lot of synergy between DKs and other classes in PvP. I mean, there's been TSG, but can't recall any other serious DK teams.
    Bloodcleave. It was huge for 2's and pretty rock solid in 3's. ( think the 3's comp had a holy pally healer or something along the lines)Old heartstrike + skillstorm = Win

DK's aren't puredmg such as warriors.... they are used for their tools which make them work in a GROUP.

I see this as nothing more than a QQ DK's are underpowered, nerf pl0x.

Like anything there are classes that DK's excel against... mainly casters.

I think the OP is so used to early wrath when dk's were incredibly OP and is now butthurt after coming back as a casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Ym1r View Post
    I honestly do fine with my DK in PVP. I'm unholy/frost atm, and the whole point of my spec is to pretty much trickle them to death, much like a warlock uses their dots on multiple targets. In 2v2/3v3 I spread my diseases as much as possible, so the healer is stressed to take down the diseases/heal over the diseases. My objective is to outlast them, however with the recent flare of cleaves in arena, I understand where you're coming from.
    Prayer of Mending/Cleansing totem, nomnom bring on those diseases you tickle-monster.

Someone hasn't tried TSG yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    1. What runes would that be for ? Icebound Fortitude doesn't require runes, AMS doesn't require runes and neither does AMZ.

I want to see this runeless AMZ! Last time I used it (about 10 mins ago) it used one of my unholy runes, stopping me from using my main attack (that crits for 2k on wrathful) for 10 secs.

--
    @Machine

That really did perfectly sum up DK's. Fine, but not fine for wotlk. In the day and age of burst = all, DK's don't cut it. Take current dk's and add them to what blizzard say cata will be like, and we will be perfect.

---------- Post added 2010-06-25 at 08:13 PM ----------

You realise this is a full wrathful dk critting for 700 with his main strike, right? His warrior is doing pretty much all the damage there..This vid just backs up the point that dk's have plenty (too much) utility, and not enough raw damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babetina415 View Post
    If you ask me,dks are powerful in pvp,but when it comes to killing holy palies/resto droods,NO TY!
    I do fine against any healer, maybe it's because I customized my spec. Although I fail against ret pallys and mage (but that mostly because I never took the time to learn how to beat them xD)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Someone hasn't tried TSG yet?
    Mediocre comp at the moment. PHD and 2healer dk is whats up now.

Dks are fine
    L2 play

10+ Year Old Account
    On two of your reasons.

Unholy has plenty of synergy. Anti-magic zone helps mitigate damage a lot in arena, and Death grip can save your healer from a rogue or warrior as long as you chain them in place after.

Blood can be viable pvp, but it's extremely gear dependent. And frost as also work, but not as well as unholy can.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)