Thread: PvP Totems

PvP Totems

What totems do enhance and/or ele shaman use in pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Tremor, Wrath, Cleansing, and Grounding totem as elemental

Quote Originally Posted by Jynks View Post
    Sentry Totem
    This.

Goodbye, great sentry totem. May you rest in peace... always watching... always watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelix View Post
    I use Tremor, Wrath, Cleansing, and Grounding totem as elemental
    +1

Thats for the totem set, in any event. i also have one that swaps wrath for magma for caping nodes (damn rogues)

as for general PvP use, earthbind and the the taunting totem with the glyph so you get a shield from it.

i use totems that make things difficult for the opposing faction (in battlegrounds). earthbind, sometimes magma, cleansing, generally things that annoy, cause damage, or slow them down by a few seconds

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets View Post
    +1
    as for general PvP use, earthbind and the the taunting totem with the glyph so you get a shield from it.
    This is impossible since both are Earth totems.

My totem set:

Tremor, Flametongue, Cleansing, Windfury

You are STUPID if you auto-bind your grounding totem. You should use it for when you see them casting Hex/Lava burst/Fear etc. Not automatic so it can absorb a silly spell such as Frost Shock, or Corruption.

I saw out Windfury and Flametongue for Searing and Nature resistance vs Rogues

-As Enhancement-
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

I specifically seperated the statements regarding the totem sets, and individually used totems.

i dont only use the totem set macros.

sometimes i just drop an eathbind

sometimes i just drop a taunt totem (for the shield)

i used to not have the grounding in the sets for that reason, but they last a little bit, and i found most people dont pay attention to the presence of a grounding when in a set. it has saved my as in bgs from a threat i wasnt paying attention to far more often then not.

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator View Post
    This is impossible since both are Earth totems.

My totem set:

Tremor, Flametongue, Cleansing, Windfury

You are STUPID if you auto-bind your grounding totem. You should use it for when you see them casting Hex/Lava burst/Fear etc. Not automatic so it can absorb a silly spell such as Frost Shock, or Corruption.

I saw out Windfury and Flametongue for Searing and Nature resistance vs Rogues

-As Enhancement-

Set 1 - Totem of Wrath, Tremor, Cleansing, Wrath of Air(or Windfury)
    Set 2 - Grounding , Stone Claw
    Set 3 - Earthbind, Searing

As resto(probs not what you want but okay);
    Set 1) Stoneskin 2) Flametongue 3) Mana Spring 4) Windfury(usually, playing with melee in 2's)
    Set 2) Grounding + stoneclaw
    Set 3) Cleansing + Nature resi(vs rogues)

Bound apart; Tremor, Cleansing, Grounding, Frost/Fire resi(often hardly worth it since 99% of the mages got 120 pen)

As Ele here are my totem sets...

For Big clusterfucks I use
    1)Tremor 2)Wrath (Fire Ele when it's off CD) 3)Cleansing 4)Grounding (too many people casting at you to pick and choose, just let it grab something)

For more "intimate" affairs
    1)Tremor 2)Searing (Fire Ele vs pet classes) 3)Cleansing 4)Wrath of Air (Ready to grounding totem when the scary spells come)
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

Okay, since most people didn't get the memo that Cleansing Totem is gone, I will tell you how to utilize your totems for PVP come Cataclysm.

ENHANCEMENT
    Your main focus in battlegrounds will be chasing people down and finishing them off with burst melee damage or dots. Avoid groups at all costs, especially groups that have Area of Effect spells like warlocks, mages, paladins, and especially death knights. Your goal will be one-on-two or one-on-one whenever possible. To trap or lure opponents to you, I recommend a well-placed Binding Totem+Searing Totem. If you're specc'd for it, this might proc a bind on your opponent, after your opponent has escaped the binding totem or disabled it, a well-timed Frost Shock can continue their 'slowed' movement status. IMPORTANT: You may be wondering why not just rush in and melee them to death? The reason for this is in order to disable them first. You should be Purging every active buff from your opponent during their slowed period. Once they are disabled, make sure you are close enough for an Unleash Weapon, Flame Shock, Stormstrike, Earth Shock. During this melee period you should be using SoE, Fire Elemental Totem (or Searing), Windfury Totem, and probably Healing Stream Totem. IMPORTANT: Keep track of your maelstrom stacks and make sure that if your opponent starts to heal your Wind Shear them or purge their hots, if they make a decent enough escape attempt...or for some reason you are getting stomped in melee, use Spiritwalker's Grace (or if you have to a Maelstrom Proc) to Healing Wave yourself and cast Bloodlust and Spirit Wolves to finish them off (if necessary).

CRUCIAL: Make absolutely sure that your Unleashed Rage is up at all times and whenever possible.

It is important to note that come Cata, enhancement shamans will be a lot like rogues with as much utility (if not more heh)...so any situation you would not want to be in as a rogue, you definitely would not want to be in as an enhancement shaman. Also, like rogues, enhancement shamans will be a lot more reliant on cooldown management for their most effective melee potential. PVP will be a lot more about buff and debuff management during Cataclysm since the matches and battlegrounds will last longer since people will have much more hit points. For example, if at any given point during a 2v2 match, your opponents have more debuffs than buffs and you have more buffs than debuffs, you will probably be victorious. I calculate this as +1s and -1s. It will be a good measurement of effective pvp. So, as usual, the classes with more buffs and debuffs available to them will usually be the ones more highly represented in arena.

*Addendum*
    I decided to add some more since I was talking about buffs/debuffs for Cataclysm. As of now, it appears the utility debuff offensive arsenal of the enhancement shaman in PVP will be as follows:

Earth Shock (10% or 20% with Earthen Power talent attack speed debuff) 8 secs.
    Earthbind Totem (movement slowing effect within 10 yards).
    Lightening Shield (nature damage when stuck by spell, ranged or melee attack. minimal dps).
    Flame Shock (Fire dot. mediocre dps).
    Frostbrand Weapon (Frost damage on proc and 50% movement speed debuff).
    Searing Totem (effectively a ranged fire dot).
    Wind Shear (interrupt plus no casting for 2s).
    Frost Shock (50% movement speed reduction) 8 secs.
    Hex (no attacks or spells but can break on damage) 30 secs.

Frost Shock (8); Hex (30); Purge x4-x8 = no atk/cast, -50% movement [maybe 2 seconds, might break before]
    UW (FB weapon + WF weapon); FLAME SHOCK (8); SEARING TOTEM; EARTH SHOCK (8) = -20% atk speed, -50% movement, 2 fire dots [5-6 seconds]

Now, against a caster, the -movement and -atk speed reduction debuffs are stupid and Earth Shock should have a -20% CAST SPEED REDUCTION as well...but that'd be too much qq. As it stands, the only debuff we have against casters is Grounding Totem (laughable), and Purge and Wind Shear (weeee 2seconds).
    Last edited by Mem; 2010-06-27 at 07:56 PM. Reason: *Added more

You mean the same uleashed rage that has been a permanant buff applied instead of a proc since the last major patch.

Also I would compare Enh shaman to Rogues in the same way that a firecracker is the same as an ICBM. The similarity stops with "they both hit things with weapons"

Is it just me or is the level of idiocy and general uniformed posting on these forums increasing of late?