Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHermit View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Epic items in Cataclysm
    We're actually working on restoring the epic feeling to epic items in Cataclysm. Epic loot should be epic, and something to be very proud of. Our plan is to try and get the Heroic -> Blue Gear and Raid -> Purple Gear balance back.
    After the first teir raids I'm sure there will be plenty of "catch up" epics handed out.
    Wouldn't suprize me.

Quote Originally Posted by xabo View Post
    would love if they crash that GS addon, ruined the life of pugging tbh.
    pugging spawned the misuse of gearscore, along with acheivement linking and posting your dps. All of these go hand in hand with pugging, and cannot be removed with out removing pugging. if you want pugging to remain, suck it up and deal with the GS obsesed RLs.

I'm looking forward to the anti-pugging policy blizzard seems to be taking in cataclysm. getcho lazy asses in a guild!

There's little difference between handing epics in heroics of the very first raid in an expansion. In 2 or 3 months people will be covered in purplz and epic will have the same feel it has now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, addons causing servers to lag is retarded and should not of been allowed from the start.

I'm also curious if they'll make the hero point gear rare instead of epic. those are afterall items you'd obtain from doing 5 mans.

I feel like blizz really screwed up the emblem system this expansion. I'm fine with the five different types. the required badge grinds of ICC and ToC are what I have a problem with. THATS why people are compelled to run both versions.

Thank God, please kill gearscore.

Epic items in Cataclysm - question is how will that be taken by community. I would personally love some easy-to-tell from appearance what gear player has. That would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokuto View Post
    There's little difference between handing epics in heroics of the very first raid in an expansion. In 2 or 3 months people will be covered in purplz and epic will have the same feel it has now.
    They could "degrade" the quality of items over time as a function of the "highest" ilvl available.
    Code:
    if (ITEMLVL > MAXILVL - 10) then
         COLOR="Purple"
    elseif (ITEMLVL > MAXILVL -50) then
         COLOR="Blue"
    end
    Something like that would be very easy to do, but it would mean content patches cause your purples to become blues... and some blues to become greens, and some greens to turn white, I would think grey would always be grey, maybe you use the lowest 10 item lvls for that, so the above should be ITEMLVL+10 and MAXITEMLVL+10, but the idea is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by mochaomhog View Post
    They could "degrade" the quality of items over time as a function of the "highest" ilvl available.
    Code:
    if (ITEMLVL > MAXILVL - 10) then
         COLOR="Purple"
    elseif (ITEMLVL > MAXILVL -50) then
         COLOR="Blue"
    end
    Something like that would be very easy to do, but it would mean content patches cause your purples to become blues... and some blues to become greens, and some greens to turn white, I would think grey would always be grey, maybe you use the lowest 10 item lvls for that, so the above should be ITEMLVL+10 and MAXITEMLVL+10, but the idea is the same.
    That's an interesting idea but with the way item budgeting works you couldn't simply downgrade the color of an item without downgrading the total stat values on the item.

Quote Originally Posted by drockrock View Post
    That's an interesting idea but with the way item budgeting works you couldn't simply downgrade the color of an item without downgrading the total stat values on the item.
    His code means "If the X item's iLvl > MaxiLvl then blah blah blah" It doesnt downgrade it's iLvl at all. Given that they change the MaxiLvl value every new tier, it could possibly work, but it would suck

~I'm french, expect shitty grammar~

I honestly hope GS won't break..
    People use it correctly nowadays and it has become an useful tool

"And nothing of value was lost."

I do like that they're working on maps for old dungeons, even though it isn't high on the totem pole of things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekkonen View Post
    I honestly hope GS won't break..
    People use it correctly nowadays and it has become an useful tool
    Because requesting 5.4 GS and up for regular ToC is using it correctly. It's abusing it. I understand doing it for a fast run, but when my 5k alt wants to run something I have done many times, can't go... It's ridiculous.

End of the day raid with those you know, Puging is a last resort, and GS is killing the community aspect of this game, make friends and raid with them...

This won't really have much of an effect on GS imo. People forget that it caches data for people that you see meaning that it will still work just the same, it just might take a few seconds for it to be able to update each person's gear score around you. After that you will still be able to see the GS of people you've seen before if they join your group

I've had an /inspect macro ever since the game started, just to look at people's cool gear.

......am I reading this right? Are they putting a "cooldown" on /inspect?

FUCK THAT

Quote Originally Posted by drockrock View Post
    sure you could

color is completely arbitrary

you can't change the ilevel of an item without messing things up, but you can change at what ilevel items become "blue" or "purple" and have it rolling

Quote Originally Posted by Tulus View Post
    This gear inspect throttle won't effect people using the Armor Tally, the superior alternative to GearScore.
    i cant find this addon... what is it?? O.o
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

10+ Year Old Account
    f achievements and lolscore.
    on all the games I bought on Steam today working
    Steam wins.
    Last edited by Puro; 2010-06-25 at 02:19 AM. Reason: adding stuff.><

Was hoping they were adding classic dungeon maps in Cata, but this sounds like it's not a feature planned for ship.