Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Because it generates a shitload of threads like this one and worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Calling bullshit here.

Did you honestly make this thread just to argue with anybody that is anti-gearscore?
    I made it to argue, yes I'm an argumentative person.

And I was retorting based off of my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakosa View Post
    Welcome to how the game was always and is supposed to be played. Have fun not being able to be an autistic shit anymore.

tl;dr Skill =/= gs

edit: Skill is what gets you a boss kill.
    All I hear is QQ!

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo View Post
    Because it encourages new players / alts to get high gearscore by using wrong stats (like the 2 x 245 hit trinkets together), or 264 PvP gear.

It basically forces people who want to PuG to gear wrongly.
    Not at all..

Some of those PvP trinks aren't bad and are great fillers until you get gear and obviously if people are pugging raids then they're actively trying to get gear. I find it more annoying people would judge someone for wearing pvp gear or badge trinks when the real baddies are doing much worse gearing choices.

honestly, people like you are more annoying than gs

Quote Originally Posted by Yöjimbo View Post
    I made it to argue, yes I'm an argumentative person.

And I was retorting based off of my experience.
    Then you are yet another reason why people hate gearscore. People could come up with dozens of reasons why gearscore is horrible and abused, yet you as a gearscore fanboy sit there with your fingers in your ears claiming everything is completely fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gearscore isn't used in our guild. I don't know if most high end guilds use it? We take an armory link and everything but Gearscore on a whole just seems a bit stupid.

Limiting people in your guild or PUG based on gearscore, all it guarantees is that you are going to get people with good gear. But how hard is it to get that gear? It's fairly easy to hit a GS target. You can be carried, you can heroics.

I'd rather just take a chance on whoever has gear relevant to the current content (ie, isn't going to die stupidly). The best players in WoW take breaks. I'd rather have someone good coming back from a 2 month break, than someone with a high GS who sucks.

Most rational dislike of the GS add-on is because of people abusing it.

Many people are starting raids, and requiring a much higher GS then is actually required to do the raid, often so high that no one could use upgrades out of there.

The main reason I dislike the add-on is the lack of information it provides. It doesn't show me if they are specced, gemmed, enchanted, or even geared correctly. It's simply a number. The only thing it's actually useful for is to tell if someone is miles behind in gear, which doesn't really warrant using it.

If I have the ability to, I use wow-heroes. It allows me to review the player in questions gear, gems, enchants, how many times they have killed a boss, and what achievements they have. It provides infinitely more information then the in game add-on possibly can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewdtreah View Post
    tl;dr Skill =/= gs

edit: Skill is what gets you a boss kill.
    Until you hit the enrage timer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakosa View Post
    Welcome to how the game was always and is supposed to be played. Have fun not being able to be an autistic shit anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even cocaine is bad if not used properly. Oh, wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    i don't. i like gs, it's an easy way to tell what the player is capable of, and to be completely honest I have never seen someone with 5.5k gs or higher that couldn't play their role decently in any of my raids. and people with lower gs usually do worse than higher gs (common sense). the people who hate it are the people that think they can out perform all other with their 4-4.9k gs and quite frankly, I've never seen that happen. why don't you haters stop whining about gs and start your own raid with anyone who wants to come and see how it works out.
    Gearscore can be inflated by getting gear that literally does nothing for you but makes it look bigger. Basically, people use it to skip over a 10 second inspection and judge you instantly, where that inspection and a basic knowledge of all the classes will tell you if the person is decent or not. If you see a ret paladin in decent gear with STR gems, you can assume he knows what he's doing. The DK with a 5k+ gs with spellpower gems? He slips under the radar with GS. And let's not kid ourselves, you can get a 5k GS and still be bad. It happens.

Also, I remember a thread awhile back where someone tried to defend gearscore, yet didn't actually know which gearscore corresponded with where the person should be raiding. He was demanding ICC gearscores in order to do Ulduar, essentially, and sadly this is far too prevalent. I hate it because it made a place in the game for idiots to pretend they're raid leaders, when they don't know enough to do so. The idea itself is sound. I liked how EG did it, but GS simplified it too much.

It's also a resource hog...
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Deleted
    Because people seem to think that by cranking up the gearscore requirement by 200 or 400 they can avoid the retards that join.

Its not like that - You have to check people to see if they know what they are doing. People use gearscore as a know-all addon and to just go "ok hes 5600 GS, invite him" regardless of his gems and enchants.

Perfect example.

My new rogue has been through ToC 10/25, VoA 10/25 and has all the badge gear possible, as well as 245 weapons. My GS is 4.9k - I have a pair of ilvl 200 blue boots and a 219 belt - everything else is 232+.

I CAN NOT GET INTO ICC 10m because of my GS. If I equip my PVP boots and belt, people will let me in. I don't want to get into a raid because my GS is high enough! I'll do more dps with my shitty 200 boots than my PVP boots.

GS is just as useful as DPS meters - as in, only as useful as the fool using them. The person who will abuse GS is also the fool who will bitch about overall DPS, instead of realising that your topping boss damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    i remember back in classic, no one pugged any raids. we had a few "speed" pugs, but you only got in those if you were a known raider in a known guild and on an alt.

i remember back in TBC, you were asked to meet up somewhere to be inspected, you linked an item to suggest you already killed a specific boss before, or you said "i have 3k attack power and 40% crit as a such and such hunter and can pull 2.5k dps on such and such "patchwerk" boss. pretty much, pug leaders had to take your word for it. if you didnt live up to your word, you were kicked and generally weren't invited to these hosted pugs again.

the problem with gear score now is leaders generally take GS #s and dont inspect much past that. second problem, as someone else stated, is non raiders who typically dont look for bis lists, will gear wrongly and go for higher gs numbers.

i ran an ICC25 the other night, asked for people to meet me in the center of dalaran by the fountain to be inspected. i use gear score, i also know gear score has a second interface where you can see the players stats (not many people know that), so i can see if someone is hit capped, expertise capped, so on and so forth. i had someone come up to me with a 5900 gs (holy paladin), and was in 90% wrathful gear. needless to say, i didnt invite him. i had a mage who was 5700gs (full pve pieces) and couldnt out dps another mage at 4900. he wont be getting another invite.

i also know that certain librams and trinkets are better than higher ilevel pieces.

GS is a tool to be used, but as with all tools, it isnt the only one you need.

gearscore is only there to show you have the recommended level of gear.

it does not score misused gear, gems, enchants, nor skill of the player.

if you care anything for a successful raid then clearly you will be inspecting members further, if not..may god be with you.

The addon itself is okay.. Not as good as it could've been (Elitist Group is waaay better!).. The users of the addon are the true retards. (Not all of you, but like 99% are!), they don't know what the minimum requirements for all the raids or even heroics are, thus setting way too high standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

It's a great rule of thumb to make sure people are geared well enough for raids, but some people think it's the same as skill. I've seen plenty of people raiding in a mix of PvE and PvP gear just for a high Gearscore.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blahism View Post
    Some of those PvP trinks aren't bad and are great fillers until you get gear and obviously if people are pugging raids then they're actively trying to get gear. I find it more annoying people would judge someone for wearing pvp gear or badge trinks when the real baddies are doing much worse gearing choices.
    please, give an example of a pvp trinket that is "decent," or even better than the ilevel 200 trinkets (from emblems or darkmoon)i have no issue with the hit trinkets, unless i can see someone is clearly over hit so much that they are still capped upon removal of said trinket. for most classes, hit is the most important stat and first prioritized stat to get until cap (at which point its valued at zero). if you are capped, and then put on the 245 trinket for "gs heroes," you should really grab a DMC:G or the ilevel 200 emblem trinket, or the trinket from reg toc. hell, the 232 trinkets arent half bad (from the 5man icc heroics). they arent incredible, but theyre better than the 245 alternative given hit cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    because they have a low GS

LFM 10 ICC Pst full clear acheivment and 6k gs.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US