Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    This is why we need paid class changer right now.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did change main recently from a very well accomplished prot warrior to a feral druid tank I'd been playing for a few months. So yeah, left behind over 9k achievement points (back when Ulduar was current), a huge number of feats of strength, PvP rank, all that sort of thing.

Only thing I missed was the amani war bear. I really do miss that big guy .

10+ Year Old Account
    First MMO's I played were SWG and FFXI, with XI bearing the most influence on my tastes. I enjoyed making a personal character, and developing it in many different roles. The idea of having Alts just does not appeal to me at all. So, having played WoW since its release, I still haven't managed to truly create an Alt for myself, and have been suing the same character for each expansion's progression. I think the best I've done over the years is during BC, when I leveled a shaman and a druid to 70. But even then, I hated being asked to bring them to raids, and ended up abandoning them at 70 when WotLK came out. They are still there now.

If I needed a class fix, I could usually get plenty of satisfaction from the PTR.

I'm sure it has been said, but: The things you own, own you. DUNN DUNN DUNNN
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

Deleted
    I'm kinda attached to achievements and rare mounts on my main but goblin hunter inc no matter what.

Ive not been in this dilemma, my sheer enjoyment for a warrior has kept me coming back. I have an 80 pally, shaman, DK, boomkin, and hunter... but still the only one in ICC content is my warrior.
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You just need to let go lol. If you really enjoy the class you reroll you wont miss those vanity items too much if you are having more fun playing the game. As others above me said If you are jonsin for some of the rare.unique items you can always go back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blue Dragonhawk sealed the deal of me not deleting my toon. And 2 of my toons that i would like to call mains both have choppers and epic flying ( around 40k gold spent, was glad to do so.). And i would hate to see that go to waste, so nope, no rerolling mains for me, just creating alts

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in the same kind of situation with my Death Knight. He has something like 110 mounts, a bunch of pets, lots of meta's, soon our guilds third shadowmourne, but if the expansion makes me hate the class like I'm feeling it probably is, I'd probably go mage, so what I've decided is to hold on to the shadowmourne items till I decide so then I'll have at least some nice things on my new main if things go that way

I try to find new things to make an alt unique. Different titles or achievements. I only try to get the hard ones on a character that I think is well fit for it. For instance, the baby deer is adorable, but it makes more sense for my Belfadin to own one than my zombielock. It's one thing that helps me keep an alt fresh and interesting. I hope to do the same with my druid and or goblin in Cata.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

I'll never be able to roll another toon as a "main"...even if I outright quit the game (I've been playing on and off since around early March). If I come back, I'll pick it up with my pally...simply too much invested in the guy. And that's with five 80 alts waiting in the wings.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

10+ Year Old Account
    I've rerolled every xpac just so I can have other chars with cool shit tbh. Priest with full t3. Second priest with war bear and full t6, and now hunter with 10 man icc drake -.- yay for being casual now.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I dont need to reroll 8)

I've really been wanting to reroll but the thought of redoing all my achievements for another toon and losing my mounts/reps and server first titles is keeping me froming doing it.

Yes, big time. But, I roll alts, but will never change my main. Though my warrior is a lot of fun

What stops me from rolling new alts, or building up the ones I have, is the overbearing certainty that I will run into a progression wall. My main is capable of clearing all content, yet my alt can only go as far as whatever pug raid I end up in. For me, this means 7/12 normal mode ICC. Personally, I'd rather log out and stare at a wall. I just don't see the point.

Yes, I know you can argue that the entire guild can roll alts and raid together, but these days you're lucky to find anyone with the fortitude to handle even a casual raiding schedule among the batch of whining, chicken-livered, spoon-fed babies this expansion has cultivated, much less an alt raid schedule.

Herein, we discuss matters of the utmost importance.