Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Can't win as a 1 man army.

I agree with all!

Or just bot your way to maximum honor like 15% of the people you "play" Battlegrounds with.

I don't dare starting an argument with OP. It'll just end up with the thread being locked. And appearantly some people found it useful =0

Quote Originally Posted by Arcteryx View Post
    Can't win as a 1 man army.
    Roll ProtRet. :P

Tbh all those r gd but a major thing that would help loads is USE UR MAP!!! I see loads of ppl go either red or blue in strand with very few ppl at the other. If they just used their map they would realise and b able to use some common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    I don't dare starting an argument with OP. It'll just end up with the thread being locked. And appearantly some people found it useful =0
    Ok? if there is a problem with his post then maybe you have something to share. Don't say its flawed then just not say anything. What is flawed and why?

Bots are a big problem. They put you down 1-3 players right away. Even if you know they are a bot and you tell your mates to report them, they still end up finishing the game! With 0 damage 0 healing 44 honor kills. Why do the majority of players overlook this?

Quote Originally Posted by kinetiks View Post
    Ok? if there is a problem with his post then maybe you have something to share. Don't say its flawed then just not say anything. What is flawed and why?
    I was surprised at how many people thought it was good myself.. you will never win a bg by reading this post so whats the point for all the praise? The only thing i agreed with is capping a tower from the inside.. (but then it was followed up by ok to fight on rods..)

---------- Post added 2010-06-26 at 10:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    -Avoid zerging targets that are already about to die, or there is more than enough there already to kill him/them. #1 mistake i see in BG's...because this means the other team is going to hit something else that is weak. if anything go straight to the weak point because theres a 95% chance its going to get hit. basically if you see a lot of your team there don't follow them unless its some huge zerg vs zerg clash...
    What does this accomplish? Protect your kill/killing blow ratio? nah... It does nothing. if you're in an offensive zerg perhaps you're target is being healed and needs more pressure or perhaps you're about to be CC'd, dg'd or whatever it may be. If there is an opportunity to kill an enemy, take it. If you have an objective and everything is clear then move on and let others hold them. This is where communications is vital. You can't assume people are here reading your mind. in Eots sometimes the strat is a circular zerg fest if you can over power people and push them up to graveyard as they give up - same with ab.

-In turn if the enemy is zerging, you hit what they just left. yes ninja'ing in BG's is smart despite what the team nazi's tell you about holding 3 all game. one of those 3 WILL BE zerged if the enemy is running around in a clump, but zerg clumps always leave 0-2 guards at best, and the weakest points tend to be what they just took, and those player mentalities are to zerg, not guard. the guards from their team are probably guarding from the outset bases.
    If you're fighting IN towers and calling INC's a zerg shouldn't be an issue as long as your own team is defending towers and the respawners are defending the defensive tower position in question.

-Don't deveryone run with the soonn-to-be flag runner into their base(WSG). 3/4's should be fighting/holding mid. most of them are doing the same thing going into your base, and any half competent flag runner can 99% of the time get it to at least mid unless they have some overgeared few guarding which is rare. even then a good flag runner should be able to get it out of their base at least...
    Entirely situational. A good strat is to leave one in your base and push everyone else to capture flag and spearhead it back. This gives you a great idea of your strength against the enemies. If you can hold offensive pressure and defend your flag carrier then keep everyone putting offensive pressure on. If you have to drop back and defend your base against similar pressure then send out a stealthy/tank/healy combo to go capture the flag. Fighting/holding mid is just the worse advice ever if you dont' follow it up with why and if people can't "read" the offensive/defensive pressure fighting mid field is just free hk for the opposing team and a guaranteed loss.

-Winning by capping flags and holding 2 towers is FINE(eots). don't let the premade nazi's tell you you're a noob for going middle and not going for 3 towers. they're used to having advantages as a premade vs pug's, and its easy to do in that scenario. but if player power is equalized, or you're weaker, you can't/won't be able to take/hold 3 towers, but you can turtle 2 and maybe hold/cap flag all game to win it. another common sense thing that way too many PUG players do is cap the flag when the enemy is holding/near middle. its one of the dumbest things i regularly see players do in eots.
    That isn't really fine because instead of playing as a team and holding objectives you're playing a wishful strat that you can get enough flags. If you had your flag force holding a 3rd tower you would be better off. As for when to cap, some people get straight on adrenaline with the flag on them and cap it but if both teams are fighting midfield for caps then they're both fail and you should be taking advantage of the open towers rather than falling for their trap. If both teams in eots have their 2 towers covered then the winning team is just the team with 1-2 moonkins on it blowing people off the flag and thats a sad way to win/lose

-While ninja'ing a EOTS tower always fight IN the tower. most players are attracted to spam, and when they see a lot of spam out front they come help, otherwise they won't come help if they don't see it. #1 mistake i see in EOTS, altho sometimes you can't help it, where they got some melee train and you need room so yeah...but its HUGE in terms of ninja'ing in EOTS.
    Sound advice.. You should fight IN towers in Eots. Its out of range for people running up hills, fearbombs just cause you to run around inside and not fall off cliffs. Same goes for AV - fight and defend IN towers. In AB, fight ONLY on flags... its hard to lose a flag if you keep on poking/interrupting the opposition trying to cap it.

-fighting on the ROADS IS FINE. YES I SAID IT! as long as you are occupying more than there are of you. just don't zerg on the roads. fighting on the road is WAY better than fighting at your base, so long as your base has 1 guarder near the flag, and the ones on the road are conscious of their base. before someone flames me, an example would be FARM guarders being threatened by BS zergers. fighting at the xroads near the bridge is FINE. it lowers their resources for when they move to FARM, takes another skirmish at FARM to take it, while the ones that died at the XROADs come back at full to help guard. its dumb to wait for them to come zerg FARM straight up because they are coming in full.
    This goes against everything i would ever say. If you have enough pressure that they're afraid of you push them to GY in Eots or AB, don't fight them on roads. Fighting on roads is a distraction to get you tunnel visioned. it causes people to ignore their objects, ignore looking at their map and tunnel vision on killing hks and the only time you should tunnel vision is when you correctly have 1-2 people defending forward flags/towers and can push the opposition to their graveyards. Fighting on roads is completely useless. You're open to CC, you're open to fear, you're open to ranged dps, you're obviously not defending a certain position or holding a position, you're being useless to the parties that actually need you. If you're on the flag and focusing on the flag then your defensive respawners should see that you're defending a flag..

theres more i can probably say but getting busy at work so just posting this. By all means disagree with me but at least explain why logically...
    done

Best thing is when you see someone sapped you go over and spam a little aoe to help, then you get sapped and the person that got sapped mounts up and runs away, this is just alliance in a nutshell, there is no teamplay at all most of the time because you have pve geared rambos running around trying to 1 shot people.
    So true :/
    sod off

Also, people should know when to attack healers, and when not to. I simply hate those Rets with 25k hp who do no damage at all, but insist on hitting the enemy healer all the time, thus making them immune to any sort of CC. Usually, attacking a geared healer all by yourself will not accomplish much. If there is a healer with good gear on the enemy team, the strategy of choice should be to CC him, and blow up the dps that accompany him. If you are a rogue, do a stunlock on that healer, and with 90% certainty, the enemy he was just healing is now dead in a zerg situation. Same goes for sheep, fear, CS, basically anything. But if you are a ret that hits him for nearly no damage, the only thing you do is making him totally immune to any CC that breaks on damage.

Generally, if the enemy has strong healers, blowing up more vulnerable targets is a good idea, and more often than not they do not react fast enough if there is much going on when you choose to burst down that 20k hp hunter. Which every geared person can do in 3-4 seconds.

Also, in AB, do not run in to defend positions the enemy just zerged down with lots of people. They will still be there, you will run in and die, wasting your time. Simply attack on the opposite side of the map, and/or attack that position from the back as soon as the zerg has moved away from it.

Any form of PvP is entirely situational. There are any number of examples that would justify or disqualify nearly every action you can take. There's no cut and dry "don't do this" or "do this" and you'll win. If you want to succeed you need to be skilled with your class, to co-operate with your team, and constantly be evaluating the battlefield as a whole. Most people don't do this and never will.

So either find a group of players who you play well with and premade your bg's or resign to the fact that your time in bg's will likely result in many a /facepalm or /rage-at-stupidity.

-fighting on the ROADS IS FINE. YES I SAID IT!
    Another example is. In Wsg, if your base if full of defenders, most will be held back and not killed at that base, so only a few can go help, if those we're on mid, they could easily get to whichever exit the flag is comming from, and do a frontal attack.

in short: attacking from the front is better than fighting through ranks from the back that can slow you.
    Wait, why does it matter?

Jesus was black, the government did 9/11, Ronald Reagan was the Devil and WoW is a game

I also have to agree with the points of the OP and many other posters on this thread.

Thumbs up

Best Tip for a DPS in BGs - BRING A HEALER!

Read it, transfer to Horde at Reckoning and light up my day.
    Never look into the eyes of a horse.
    Your soul will forever be lost in the void of a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by kinetiks View Post

Bots are a big problem. They put you down 1-3 players right away. Even if you know they are a bot and you tell your mates to report them, they still end up finishing the game! With 0 damage 0 healing 44 honor kills. Why do the majority of players overlook this?
    i almost forgot about this thread. he always does that, always says i'm wrong or don't know what i'm talking about but he never says the why...

it all started from Arena vs BG's arguments and being forever butt sore from that imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally very good advice, I do however disagree one point.

Winning by capping flags and holding 2 towers is FINE(eots).
    This is only the case if you are deadlocked 2 towers vs 2. Three Bases should always be the priority from the start.

Nice OP so true about BG's (especially alliance on my server)

OP, do you realize that everyone doesnt care rats ass if the faction wins or loses and is there only for HK's and PvP action? It's only half of the ppl who seem to be noobing around that doesnt actually know what to do, rest doesnt care.