Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Playing is free but you can buy 'diamonds' in their website's shop which you can use as an in-game currency for all kinds of special rewards such as mounts, protecting your items from dropping on death, etc. They have a shop in-game where you can spend them.

Some of the items can also be bought using rubies (or whatever) which are obtained in-game, through daily quests I believe. You can also buy diamonds from other players, using in-game currency but they're very expensive. Gold is pretty much worthless later in the game, diamonds are used as the currency for expensive stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard wow is a good game.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill
    Now that's a troll, Vol'jin could ghost Jesus without God noticing, he's a shadow's shadow.
    Vol'jin for Warchief 2010

Runes of Magic is one of those games where you can still play fairly well without paying, but all the good shit comes from paying. I.E. better items and shit like that.

I tried it for a bit, and yeah, it's not bad for a WoW substitute. It feels a lot like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    I don't typically trust MMO lists anymore, I got a virus from a bad DL once, norton didn't catch it
    Norton is ABSOLUTELY worthless.
    Get Avast Antivirus, google it.
    I've gotten 1 virus so far when having it, and I surf recklessly(if I get a virus, I can take care of it, so I dont really care).

15+ Year Old Account
    there is a LARGE list of free to play games... have you even tried checking out any of the mmo websites... a simple search of mmo games or mmo f2p will show up TONS of results...

http://www.massively.com/

http://www.mmorpg.com/

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...611131acff80b7

If your not gonna trust mmolist.... then why even ask cause everyone is gonna send your to the same place... We did your leg work for you and then you shoot us down because your afraid of a virus... Install a Virus Scanner and that would solve your issue... Or download a program like teatimer/spybot that have a list of known bad websites and if you get send to it... it will warn you.
    Last edited by Contion_BB; 2010-06-25 at 02:40 PM. Reason: adding a futher thing based of an earlier reply
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Was that uninformative and anticlimactic enough? .

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Runes of Magic is one of those games where you can still play fairly well without paying, but all the good shit comes from paying. I.E. better items and shit like that.

I tried it for a bit, and yeah, it's not bad for a WoW substitute. It feels a lot like it.
    how are the graphics, etc.? I played a game called Knights onLine prior to WoW, it was phenomenal, but it seems the dev's were only in it for the money, they really let graphics, quests, and pretty much everything fail. It's pretty much dominated by turks & gold sellers now

how are the graphics, etc.? I played a game called Knights onLine prior to WoW, it was phenomenal, but it seems the dev's were only in it for the money, they really let graphics, quests, and pretty much everything fail. It's pretty much dominated by turks & gold sellers now
    Check the website's screenshot section and see for yourself. :P
    Cartoon style like wow btw, it doesn't look great.

If you like PvP you should try the Warhammer free Trial. It's only free from level 1-10 and the graphics are pretty bad but you can start PvPing with LvL1 and many people consider 1-10 the best part of the game. Other than that I don't think you'll find a decent alternative to WoW, especially not a free one.

I'd suggest Dungeons and Dragons online, but it can be pretty hard to get into if you know nothing of the DnD System

PUGs are Blizzards version of reality TV, put five random people together in an enclosed environment, and watch as the drama unfolds

Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    Yeah, the graphics are fairly similar to WoW. That's part of why it feels like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    I couldn't find anything about the UI, kinda wanna see those kinds of SS

I know it is not the same kind of MMO as WoW, and not much of RP. But, I would give games like battlefield a try, cummunication, coorperation and tactics is the key words when playing with ur clan, and it is very entertaining becuase it is not rush'n shoot like CoD,

15+ Year Old Account
    Watch this video on Runes of Magic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6ar0lnIQCU

runescape is free for a good heap of content. they've been working on the beginning so leveling 1-20 or so is much more enjoyable.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbq0ZojIBRw

trailer ^^
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2010-06-25 at 02:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukaduk View Post
    Watch this video on Runes of Magic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6ar0lnIQCU
    My god, it looks like a cheapened version of WoW, some of the stuff from SS looked BA imo.
    Thanks for the very useful post

---------- Post added 2010-06-25 at 10:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    runescape is free for a good heap of content. they've been working on the beginning so leveling 1-20 or so isn't as bad.
    That was my first MMO, I have a lvl 91, and I never want to go back >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Aminozuur View Post
    lol you start qqing you dont even got lich king down (not even pp/sindra) and 0 hc if you are at 11/12 hc then you can qq xD still alot to progress :O
    No, you're right, you're not allowed to be bored unless you've completed the game.

...?

My god, it looks like a cheapened version of WoW, some of the stuff from SS looked BA imo.
    It's free for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Wow. You don't even know the basics. Challenging Shout is not and has never been a taunt. It doesn't even remotely function like a taunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrior View Post
    I heard wow is a good game.
    Don't be such a dick. He asked a simple question, why can't you just answer nicely? He said he was bored of WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Gameplay is a poor WoW clone, too.

I read something about LotRO going free-to-play (basically trial with no time restriction) recently, you could give that a try?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyko View Post
    It's free for a reason.
    The secondary "class" thing looks pretty cool, and player housing like FFXI
    lack of races is the only real "minus" I see atm, and from all those SS, it looks like it has a decent amount of content