Need Pally Healing Tips for Heroic LK 25

So I will be doing heroic LK with another HL pally, a disc priest, a holy priest, resto sham, and resto druid. Both holy pallys are specced into Divine Sac as well as Aura mastery.

I am looking for tips, tactics and general healing strategies for me and my team to use when healing this fight. Some points of specific interest for paladins:

- When to use specific abilities such as Aura Mastery, Divine Sacrifice
    - Are your healers getting involved in Valk stunning? Are they speccing into improved HoJ?
    - Do you have specific healing assignments?
    - How does your group handle harvest soul healing wise?
    - Are your holy pallys soaking vile spirits?

Any help is appreciated!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyDes View Post
    "look at me MMO-Champion I get to do heroic lich king"
    or
    "I've been blindly healing whatever loses health threw 11/12 heroic but I should ask an unspecific fan forum how to do it now"
    He says he gets to do heroic LK, so they probably got 11/12 heroic this week or recently and they are starting LK soon. Just don't be a tool and help him out with his questions.

When to use specific abilities such as Aura Mastery, Divine Sacrifice?
    I tend to pop Aura Mastery (Shadow Aura) often due to the short CD on it and normally get around 2-3 DSac's out. Try and keep it off CD for Vile Spirits.

Are your healers getting involved in Valk stunning? Are they speccing into improved HoJ?
    Yes, you will always being using it. You want to be able to stun them nearly everytime the land and imp HoJ is the way to do it. It is the only stun in the game that last 6 seconds and requires no ramp up time (combo-points). (www wowhead com/talent#sxAzgM0sVu0tgdxGzur)

Do you have specific healing assignments?
    That will be up to your raid leader for your job, but as always you will be probably be tank healing.

How does your group handle harvest soul healing wise?
    We have everyone pre-hotted, shielded to help the DMG that everyone takes. DSac is nice to pop here, as if anyone dies the Harvet Soul 10% buff still applies.

Are your holy pallys soaking vile spirits?
    We have a Tank pick up any that is left after the SPriests, Affli and Boomkins have DPS'd them. Aura Mastery works here since it is shadow DMG as does DSac to help out the soakers.

Hope it helps, we have only seen P3 like 4 times max.
    Last edited by Traces; 2010-06-25 at 07:45 PM.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding
    Ranged DPS and Healers needed

I believe you would possibly have more luck posting this in the paladin forums and getting opinions from Holy paladins who have done the encounter. There's also a thread in the paladin forums called "LK 25 heroic as ret" or something of that sort, there's posts there about paladins having Aura Mastery rotations and stuff that could help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by matsuflex View Post
    So I will be doing heroic LK with another HL pally, a disc priest, a holy priest, resto sham, and resto druid. Both holy pallys are specced into Divine Sac as well as Aura mastery.

I am looking for tips, tactics and general healing strategies for me and my team to use when healing this fight. Some points of specific interest for paladins:

- When to use specific abilities such as Aura Mastery, Divine Sacrifice
    - Are your healers getting involved in Valk stunning? Are they speccing into improved HoJ?
    - Do you have specific healing assignments?
    - How does your group handle harvest soul healing wise?
    - Are your holy pallys soaking vile spirits?

Any help is appreciated!
    Aura Mastery and Divine Sacrifice, depending on how many Holy Paladins can be used a number of times. In Phase 2 more specifically, when there are Infest waves coming and your priests haven't had enough time (or have gotten picked up by Val'kyr) to shield the majority of the raid. Some guilds and healing setups like to use it on a more consistent basis and use it on cooldown for Infest regardless of Priest preparation. For example, on Infest 1, Paladin 1 uses Aura Mastery Shadow Resistance Aura, Infest 2, Paladin 2 Uses AM SRA, Infest 3, Paladin 1 uses Divine Sacrifice, Infest 4, Paladin 2 uses DS. A lot of it comes down to building a routine and then being able to adapt and change that routine based on Val'kyr pick-ups.

Also, as mentioned above, you can use AM and DS in P3 for Vile Spirit damage, although if you're doing it properly you shouldn't *have* to use these things. It's just nice to have in an "oh shit" moment when some damage will be present.

I've also seen paladins use AM when there's an incoming Soul Reaper and watch the tanks resist the vast majority of the application. Pretty nice.

---

Depending on how many Ret Paladins, Rogues, Warriors, Druids etc that you have in the raid, Holy Paladins will more often than not be involved in the Stun rotation in some way or another. For instance, my Paladin is spec'd into Improved Hammer of Justice and I'm always stunning one of the Val'kyr. That is, assuming that I didn't get picked up. Our other Paladin, however, doesn't have Improved HoJ, and is simply the backup for when I get grabbed.

---

Healing assingments: Paladins get tanks. Really doesn't get any easier than that.

---

Harvest Soul? Um, we mostly just FFA. Really, we do.

---

In very, very rare instances you'll see a Holy Paladin burst Vile Spirits. But mostly that's up to the Retribution Paladins and the off-tank.

---

Hope this helped.
    Cheare - 80 Human Paladin
    <Deus Vox> Laughing Skull - US

Quote Originally Posted by Traces View Post
    Are your holy pallys soaking vile spirits?
    We have a Tank pick up any that is left after the SPriests, Affli and Boomkins have DPS'd them. Aura Mastery works here since it is shadow DMG as does DSac to help out the soakers.

Hope it helps, we have only seen P3 like 4 times max.
    Don't DPS the vile spirits at all.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Move over to the paladin forums as Brael said above;
    There's quite a few regulars there with H LK25 dead and like to help.

1) Paired with Infest casts on rotation with other Paladins, though mostly irrelevant now. If you don't have the six cooldowns to cover infest, you'll want to save these cooldowns for unlucky healer pickups.
    2) Yes and yes. Both of our Holy Paladins are responsible for primary stunning on Val'kyrs along with our Protection Warrior. Instant stuns, aka non-Kidney Shot stuns, make a huge difference. Though it's not as much of a concern for us now with the increased buff, we really gained a lot here since Val'kyr grouping was much better and cleave was more effective.
    3) Holy Paladins on tanks, Resto Shaman responsible for AF / tanks, Disc Priest shielding 18 people, HPriest Prayer of Healing on one group for infest, spot healing, and dpsing.
    4) As long as people don't get hit by explosions, it's pretty easy. We split priests into two groups so they could Holy Nova their own groups and spam Renew / PW:S
    5) Occasionally. We've been raiding pretty Paladin heavy lately so between our second tank with his cooldowns and Retribution Paladins, Holy rarely need to spend time popping spirits.

Biggest thing I can recommend is to micromanage Val'kyr. We split DPS evenly across Val'kyr (two melee Val'kyr, one caster) and assign a primary and backup stunner to each Val'kyr in case of pickups avoiding using Kidney Shot as much as possible. We follow it up with one Shockwave and one Holy Wrath, often clipping part of the initial stun in favor of keeping all three Val'kyrs perfectly grouped. Each of our rogues is assigned one Val'kyr that they are responsible for tracking a Cheap Shot if necessary. If Vanish is on cooldown, they call another rogue who has his up to Cheap Shot. It may seem ridiculous with the 25% buff, but the more Val'kyr damage you have, the more you can have your players pre-spread for Defile.