Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    I love the book, and I didn't think the movies were wretched at all, though I don't think they captured the key themes of change and loss.
    What I meant with wretched was that they've changed the story a lot. It was problaby for the better, but bottom line is, everyone liked the movie because of it's genre and because it was so massive. Wich WoW can be too.
    But what you've got to understand is that there are lots and lots of projects optioned by Hollywood producers, and very few of them become feature films. The option costs between a few tens of thousands and a few hundred thousand, and lasts for a couple of years. If the movie does not get made, the rights revert and the rightsholder keeps the money and can sell an option to somebody else. If the movie does get made, the rightsholder can potentially make a lot more money.
    Makes sense. Doesn't change the fact WoW could be a succesfull movie, wich we were discussing? (If not, please tell before I continue my rambling )
    Raimi gets paid to be attached to the film. If they do not raise the money to move forward with the project, he gets released and he keeps the money for doing nothing. For "Halo," they bought the rights, got Peter Jackson, and paid for several top screenwriters to work on a screenplay. And then they ran out of time, Jackson got released from the contract, and it fell apart. The producers probably wrote off three or four million dollars, which is a fraction of what Disney will probably lose on Prince of Persia.
    As far as I know Raimi hasn't signed anything for the movie movie yet but is just looking into the possibilities still. I might have misunderstood, but perhaps peter Jackson would be better for the genre advertising anyway.
    I like Sam Raimi a lot. I love Evil Dead and the first two Spider-Man films, and I even like the third one. I bought Bruce Campbell's book. I cheer when I see the Classic onscreen. I think he could do a good job with Warcraft, and I agree with his tactic of pushing the lore off the center stage and focusing on characters who are like players in the game, trying to make their fortune in this kind of setting.
    Loved those movies aswell. He's a highly regarded director but to make a WoW movie succesfull anything less then a director of Raimi's caliber and the movie will fail. Because it's hard to succeed in such massive movies.
    But the financing is unlikely to come together, especially after "Prince" bombed.
    We'll see, I'll just keep my fingers crossed for a LotR like movie, with real characters but with a lot of computer animated stuff. I think it would be great and if it goes on I'm looking forward to the trailer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysera
    Making dreams 'enjoyable' since 10.000 B.N.
    Ysera fanclub. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    since about 80% of the wow players dont know lore and another 10% know it but dont care i think it's unlikely for the movie to be based on any deep backround lore. I think it's going to be about one of the great wars. maybe the siege on teldrassil or some lonely gnome finding love in a female tauren... you know, to make it apealing to women aswell.

OR.. to make it even more apealing to women, make all the characters BM hunters at lvl 39-60
    That's a lot of paint going to waste with those gargantuan Brushes you're using.