Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by wrathofdoom View Post
    protret pala in full pvp gear (6k gs) tanks heroic dungeons and barely taking any damage at all while doing 6k dps on bosses and 8k dps on trash.
    I do that in PVE tank gear. It's not fucking rocket science.

Heroics are tuned for tanks with 19-22k health. Tanks at current gear levels have 40-50k health (all unbuffed). Tank weapons at current gear levels do equivalent DPS to what DPS were using back then (and moreso since I take my Bloodvenom Blade out for heroics). Due to massively outgearing, a tank can pull far more, which ramps up his DPS.

This sums up that outdated content is outdated. Congratufuckinglations.

10+ Year Old Account
    so you're saying its pew pew QQ easy. well don't worry as blizz promised (oh dear) that this will all change in Cata and the game feels epic again!

Quote Originally Posted by wrathofdoom View Post
    They're supposed to be HEROIC right
    fail troll is...wait for it....still fail!

honestly dude, we know. Heroics are easy. Blizz knows it. Theyre SUPPOSED to be easy. Heroics were there to gear you for NAXX, when NAXX WAS HARD (sortof).

They're supposed to be easy now, it was how they were designed. If heroics were hard NOW then how the hell are fresh 80's supposed to clear them?

Going back to dungeons that drop gear 8 to 9 iLvl tiers lower than what you have currently equipped is hard. No, that doesn't sum up this game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Friend of mine tanks Heroics in full ret gear and spec and pull 14k on trash and 10k on bosses, without taking too much dmg. Your point being ?
    Pretty stupid that hybrids can tank in DPS gear and spec. Yes i'm talking about heroics. Yes, i'm talking about overgearing the instance. Overgearing the instance or not, that should NOT be allowed.

Slap in the face of pures.

Quote Originally Posted by frownface2000 View Post
    fail troll is...wait for it....still fail!

honestly dude, we know. Heroics are easy. Blizz knows it. Theyre SUPPOSED to be easy. Heroics were there to gear you for NAXX, when NAXX WAS HARD (sortof).

They're supposed to be easy now, it was how they were designed. If heroics were hard NOW then how the hell are fresh 80's supposed to clear them?
    I'm starting to think that heroic should scale with your gear.You know, so it actually IS heroic?
    As always, apparently the one thing you can do in a duel that isn't cheating... is lose.

OP = full retard.

/thread.

Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    Pretty stupid that hybrids can tank in DPS gear and spec. Yes i'm talking about heroics. Yes, i'm talking about overgearing the instance. Overgearing the instance or not, that should NOT be allowed.

I'm starting to think that heroic should scale with your gear.You know, so it actually IS heroic?
    Pures? What is this fucking Runescape? Going back to something you outgear the hell out of is no better than the people who destroy lower level instances. Blizz is fixing how much gear ramps up per patch in Cataclysm but even then near the end of the expansion pack you'll see top tier people destroying heroics.

As for scaling with gear how are fresh 80's and 85's supposed to gear up? Especially if the instance elevated with one of the other group mates that had exceptional gear whereas you still had greens/blues.

I have succesfully tanked 3 Heroics on my mage, full PvP gear and http://www.wowhead.com/spell=54659 http://www.wowhead.com/spell=10220 and stuff like that.
    Whit a proper healer anyone can tank...
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

The only pures we have are dps...I'm not sure what you are talking about.

You realize that plate dps have probably 150% of the health that tanks had going into heroics? And healers have at least twice as much spellpower?

Really, if heroics mobs hit hard enough that a fury warrior/ret in 3.3 still couldn't tank it, then H VH would've been pretty much impossible in 3.0. That's how exponential scaling works.

There are so many problems with that, I don't know where to start.

What!? AMG! People who outgear old content can do it easily!? NO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I dont get your point? Is blizzard suppose to make entry to raiding content harder?

ONE TIME I WENT INTO A HC AND I TANKED IT AND DID 23k DPS WHILE I SOLO HEALED MYSELF AND THEN I DID A BACKFLIP THROUGH THE PORTAL(I AM NIGHT ELF) AND THEN AFTER THAT I KNOCKED ON ARTHAS' DOOR AND I PUNCHED HIS FACE IN AND GOT BANE OF FALLEN KING 25M HC, THEN I WENT BACK TO DALARAN AND THEY GAVE ME A PARADE.

THIS GAME IS SO EZ<3

Quote Originally Posted by Arck908 View Post
    1)Pures? What is this fucking Runescape? Going back to something you outgear the hell out of is no better than the people who destroy lower level instances. Blizz is fixing how much gear ramps up per patch in Cataclysm but even then near the end of the expansion pack you'll see top tier people destroying heroics.

2)As for scaling with gear how are fresh 80's and 85's supposed to gear up? Especially if the instance elevated with one of the other group mates that had exceptional gear whereas you still had greens/blues.
    1) I don't mind people who tank in DPS gear, or DPS talents. However BOTH, its ridiculous (imo).
    For two reasons:
    A) It removes the need for buying dualspec (or the gear to support it), or actually have some kind of effort to tank them
    B) It makes Ret, DKs and Fury/arms Warr able to queue as tank and actually have 50% faster queues while racing through the content? WTB that on my mage and priest plz. >_>

2) You're right. It would be awful to design/balance. But thinking at the current state of things, i wouldn't mind challenge (and would prevent DPSers to tank the instance without effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    1)The only pures we have are dps...I'm not sure what you are talking about.

2)You realize that plate dps have probably 150% of the health that tanks had going into heroics? And healers have at least twice as much spellpower?

3)Really, if heroics mobs hit hard enough that a fury warrior/ret in 3.3 still couldn't tank it, then H VH would've been pretty much impossible in 3.0. That's how exponential scaling works.

4)There are so many problems with that, I don't know where to start.
    1)If there were classes that could only tank or heal, would even 10% of the population roll one? It would make leveling HELL (although i would roll one instead of my priest and druid, simply because i rolled them to heal and not to DPS(or tank). WTB public or group quests that are like instances)

2)What? Plate dps having more 150% hp than tanks? only if those tanks didn't TRYED to get gear in normal dungeons/quests, in which case they're bad.

3) what does DPS have to do with tanking heroics? is it their job? i don't think so...

4) You're right, there would be LOTS of problems. But it just disgusts me that classes that choose NOT to gear/talent for tanking, actually can tank (heroics)... I see that as design flaw.

My two cents
    Last edited by flame; 2010-06-26 at 05:39 PM.
    As always, apparently the one thing you can do in a duel that isn't cheating... is lose.