Thread: New Batman

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Batman

Though it is still in pre production and the date is set for 2012, AND it doesn't even have a proper title yet, I am stoked for one reason...
    A pre production poster featuring Harley Quinn. oh, and I guess the one of the Riddler is ok too...
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

15+ Year Old Account
    WTb pics?

I love Harley It's a damn shame Brittany Murphy died, she was perfect! Anyway I love new batman movies.. it's too bad people fail so hard at playing him..

Is the the Dark Knight director making this one too?..

Yep, It supposedly continues the storyline of Harvey Two Face and leads in to the Riddler/Harley Quinn.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/hero...c-story-1.html

This should explain all, the story is nowhere near done, and he doesn't even know his villains, but he's got a basic plot about how he wants it all to end.

Quote Originally Posted by LA TIMES
    "And that third Batman film? Jonathan Nolan is “now doing the hard work” of writing the script based on the story by his sibling and Goyer. “My brother is writing a script for me and we’ll wait to see how it turns out.... He’s struggling to put it together into the epic story that you want it to be.”

“Batman Begins” was the origin and back story of the hero, while “The Dark Knight” found the hero reeling as his Manichean, good vs. evil worldview was upended by a new villain, the Joker, who was a wild-card agent of chaos going up against order, be it a police department or the mob. The second film ends, literally, with Batman on the run, a fugitive.

So what happens next?

“Without getting into specifics, the key thing that makes the third film a great possibility for us is that we want to finish our story,” he said. “And in viewing it as the finishing of a story rather than infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story.”

Nolan said the key surviving characters from the two first films and the actors who play them will be back. “We have a great ensemble, that’s one of the attractions of doing another film, since we’ve been having a great time for years.”

Christopher Nolan Perhaps. But the great challenge is to find a villain (or villains) who can not only match up with the Caped Crusader but also with Heath Ledger’s Academy Award-winning portrayal of the scabby, demented Joker. Fans have churned up the rumor mill for months now (Johnny Depp as the Riddler? Angelina Jolie as Catwoman? Philip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin? Ben Kingsley as Hugo Strange?). But Nolan, no fan of letting cats out of the bag, declined to play along.

His villain choices to date have steered clear of strongly supernatural or super-science characters (no Man-Bat, Mr. Freeze or Poison Ivy, for instance) but he shook his head when asked if that was a trajectory he would continue. He did however concede one tidbit: “It won’t be," he said, "Mr. Freeze.”

Batman has been throwing punches in the pages of DC Comics since 1939 and as the decades passed, much of the core of the character stayed the same even as Bruce Wayne’s sideburns or the profile of the Batmobile changed. Not so with film.

“I’m very excited about the end of the film, the conclusion, and what we’ve done with the characters,” Nolan said.“My brother has come up with some pretty exciting stuff. Unlike the comics, these things don’t go on forever in film and viewing it as a story with an end is useful. Viewing it as an ending, that sets you very much on the right track about the appropriate conclusion and the essence of what tale we’re telling. And it harkens back to that priority of trying to find the reality in these fantastic stories. That’s what we do.”
    EDIT: Also thank you for not calling this The Dark Knight 2, fooking hate that.

For lulz
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2010-06-26 at 04:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    well damn.. I guess bale is here to stay?

I was hoping it's time to pass the torch and let someone else use batman. It's almost like a hollywood tradition. Oh well.. maybe he'll fix that voice.. that kicked in the balls while still trying to sound like a monster voice.. Although I can't imagine it's easy to go from a strong english accent to an american accent to what's supposed to be "A bad clint eastwood impression" (Robin said that :P)

My fingers are still crossed for an eventual "The Dark Knight Returns" movie.. No one knows Batman like Frank Miller.

and yes I'm a fanboy.. if it says "batman" I buy it.

Oh please have it to be the riddler! my favorite villain ^^

Oh and the pic above ... PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    well damn.. I guess bale is here to stay?

I was hoping it's time to pass the torch and let someone else use batman. It's almost like a hollywood tradition. Oh well.. maybe he'll fix that voice.. that kicked in the balls while still trying to sound like a monster voice.. Although I can't imagine it's easy to go from a strong english accent to an american accent to what's supposed to be "A bad clint eastwood impression" (Robin said that :P)

My fingers are still crossed for an eventual "The Dark Knight Returns" movie.. No one knows Batman like Frank Miller.

and yes I'm a fanboy.. if it says "batman" I buy it.
    Here Here, the Batman Animated Series from the '90s is still my all time favorite TV show. I like that there is a director that is resembling that more than the Tim Burton films did. (don't get me wrong, I love the Tim Burton Batman's too)

15+ Year Old Account
    I can appreciate the more dark batman story but it feels a bit like no one there reads batman comics.. When I see comic book movies I kinda wanna feel like the people making the film are passionate about it and will go out of there way to get advice on how to make things better for the fans.

But every time I hear bales batman voice I have to think "why did no one stop him and say "your trying to hard"?" Do people just not want to screw with Cristian bale? It's a simple concept.. batman is trying to disguise his voice.. nothing more.

/nerd off :P

you didn't hear about what happened when someone told bale what was what on the Terminator set? He went all nerdrage on em.

Quote Originally Posted by jonfauscett View Post
    you didn't hear about what happened when someone told bale what was what on the Terminator set? He went all nerdrage on em.
    More like, someone walked on set and apparently "f**ked up his whole performance". No one even tried to tell him what or how to do anything... he simply raged at a lighting assistant who tried to check the filters on a light being used in an upcoming shot.

If it wasn't for his directors, his films would generally be a pile of tripe.. possibly excluding The machinist, wherein he actually portrays a paranoid, socially-inept loner... such a far-cry from his actual persona..oh wait.

/end Bale-bash

Wow, that feels better.

Quote Originally Posted by Andunae View Post
    More like, someone walked on set and apparently "f**ked up his whole performance". No one even tried to tell him what or how to do anything... he simply raged at a lighting assistant who tried to check the filters on a light being used in an upcoming shot.

If it wasn't for his directors, his films would generally be a pile of tripe.. possibly excluding The machinist, wherein he actually portrays a paranoid, socially-inept loner... such a far-cry from his actual persona..oh wait.

/end Bale-bash

Wow, that feels better.
    Eh, TBH, I thought the lighting assistant was telling him what he needed to do and he raged, then again all I really caught was the 3 second clips on the radio.

Wasn't intending to post along the lines 'I'm right, you're wrong"
    Yeh, the lighting assistant, was checking a filter used to change the Blue light source into a greenish / brown source (orange filter) iirc, the filter light was "on set" but "off camera", Bale seemed to think that the assistant was in camera shot and intentionally trying to distract him (ego much?). (Point being, the director (crops up in the transcript that can be googled) stating "I didn't see it" referring to the assistant being "on stage." As they were in the middle of a shot where else would the director be looking... on Set via Camera monitors.)

Why didn't he see the assistant? Because he wasn't "in shot".
    Anyway, Bale raged, Bale raged more. Bale's toys went flying. Bale's minders cleaned up.. lighting assistant avoided Bale from then on. Film was wrapped up.

Edit: Also, 90s batman cartoon styling ftw.
    Last edited by Andunae; 2010-06-28 at 09:32 AM. Reason: 90s Batman proness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonfauscett View Post
    Not only did I hear Bales flip out, I watched a biography on the guy. He's friggin nuts. He's one of those actors who is unable to go right into a role so instead he has to be batman until the filming is over.

and yeah 90's batman is epic. Kevin Conroy does the only batman voice I ever really liked. Honestly I think if they keep doing batman movies i'd like too see a lesser known actor in the role.

Just hope the guy who plays Batman this time ditches the extremely DEEP voice from 'The Dark Knight' it is pointless, and only makes it hard to understand him... maybe a mildly deep voice, to make him not sound like a pussy, but that's it.

Also, hope we don't get another horrible "Batman and Robin".

In B4 ... Bat Credit Card.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqon0nVWA4A
    Last edited by Daginni; 2010-06-28 at 08:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some "new news"

Robin Williams wants to play the Riddler

Speaking to Empire Magazine about his work with director Christopher Nolan on Insomnia, Williams says "I would work with Chris again in a second, playing anyone in anything. I'd play The Riddler in the next Batman, although it would be hard to top Heath [Ledger] as the villain, and I'm a little hairy for tights."

Robin Williams in Christopher Nolan's Insomnia.

Williams even applies additional pressure by stating "I'm using this article as an ad. Chris, call me, I'll do anything. I could be a great character - or some weird little man in the background in Arkham Asylum."

The actor also spilled the beans regarding his chequered past with the franchise. "The Batman films have screwed me twice before" he explains. "Years ago they offered me The Joker and then gave it to Jack Nicholson, then they offered me The Riddler and gave it to Jim Carrey. I'd be like 'OK, is this a real offer? If it is, then the answer's yes. Don't pump me again, motherf**kers'."

It's been a while since Williams has done scary on screen, but if he reigns it in and delivers the same kind of creepy that won him so many plaudits in Nolan's Insomnia, he could be just the man for the Riddler role. What do you guys think?

and Christoper Nolan on start date and release date

42 second clip, half of it is the question itself, half of it is Christoper Nolan saying "Yes, they're aiming for 2012 release, but no clue when they're starting, still working on the script"

My thoughts, Robbin Williams could be alright, but I think Mr. Nolan will be sticking with his true, dark, batman style, so getting a comedian to play the role of a villain that may or may not be in the movie might not be his choice. And they will defiantly be starting by the first or second quarter of next year if the latest, and casting people by the end of this year.
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2010-06-30 at 12:11 AM.

I'd love to see Williams get a chance to play the Riddler. In a way I'm glad that he was passed over for Nicholson and Carrey in the past, leaving him as a viable candidate for what should be a much better quality of batman film involving the Riddler.
    If you haven't seen Insomnia or One Hour Photo try to, they both show just how menacing Williams' "happy" persona can be. It truly is one of those "He's smiling but it's making me shit my pants." experiences. Maybe more so because he has been type-cast into hapless-slapstick roles since Goodmorning Vietnam, Hook and Aladdin and to know that instead of a trust-worthy, friendly character he is a predator capable of all the things that "monsters" are.

Anyway, re-watched batman:Begins recently, enjoyed it more than when I first watched it shortly after release. Guess I should do the same with TDK, although I was pretty impressed with that regardless. But please, for the love of Gotham, no more cheese-grater Batman voice. Please.

Barney Stinson as the riddler, that would be kinda hilarious
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd enjoy Robin Williams or Neil Patrick Harris. I think in the format that Nolans batman films are that Robin Williams would work better though. The Riddler in the darker comics is kinda sad, pathetic etc. He could be much different than the Joker. Also you can't deny how awesome it is that Williams is passionate about the part, sounds like a batman fan to me

Maybe he can lighten bale up. Especially if we're stuck with him.

It may also be worth making a slight mention of the other heroes.. I know it needs to stay real but add a little fantasy.. show a TV with Superman flying around on the News. Make Batman be the first film to launch up the Justice league. I'd even settle for the black canary :P

1,000,000,000 Gighrz Quad Core Duo, over 9000 gigs of ram, on board gfx card

15+ Year Old Account
    not sure I'm feeling that one so much. I prefer the clowns to be very clean which inturn makes every clown you see scary as hell.