Retired mounts and Feats of Strength

Hello,

I am wondering if there is any word on what mounts will be retiring in Cataclysm and what achievements will become Feats of Strength?

I'm guessing that the 2 mounts in ZG will be retired, along with the mount in Strat. And for achievements, I'm guessing that most anything to do with Old world, be it reputation, dungeon running, and raid running, but didn't know if there was anything else.

Is there any word on this at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    nope
    Afk= Attack, fight, kill! teh healer tellin u to kill monsters!

OOM= out of mobs, go pull more

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Everything will be retired. Get them all asap.

or just wait for them to appear in the store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only time will tell.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

why would they remove the ZG mounts?
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

^^ almost 10,000 hours of WoW played? come on

If they weren't RNG dependent I would agree but they are so I don't see them being removed. The only exception being if they re implement ZG and Strat as level 85 instances and even then they could possibly include the mounts as a drop in those instances.

10+ Year Old Account
    get every achievement to be safe! I did the explorer achievement just recently had been putting it off for years
    Afk= Attack, fight, kill! teh healer tellin u to kill monsters!

OOM= out of mobs, go pull more

There is not one single reason to remove the mounts from ZG or Strat.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

They're definitely getting rid of the Ulduar proto-drakes and the LK Frostwyrms. Hell, the got rid of the Black and Plagued Proto-Drakes when Ulduar came out so people in Ulduar gear couldn't blaze through the achievments required for them, and now its going to be a full 5 more levels and level 85 gear.
    Last edited by Rocket Surgeon; 2010-06-26 at 05:59 AM.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

The Ulduar and ICC mounts will be removed thats a given. Others to look for are other 100% drop rate items, like OS drakes, Mims head, Invincible. Don't expect the normal .01% drop rates to disappear anytime soon

This pertains to this thread:

Originally Posted by GhostCrawler

We aren't removing MC or BWL as of this writing. We aren't going out of our way to remove old legendaries. The only risk there in a case like Thunderfury is if we change a zone like Silithus so much that the quests become hard to keep intact.

You can still get "What a Long Strange Trip It's Been." In general, we are going to go bend over backwards to not remove existing achievements.

This is all tentative and could change, but we don't really have a problem with protodrake farming. What we will probably do with really unusual mounts like Mimiron's Head and Invincible is make them a rare drop. The 100% drop rate won't make sense when you can overpower the content.

If you want to overpower the content for a drake though, go for it. Players who did it "legit" had the benefit of having the achievement and mount earlier than anyone else. The most prestigious mounts will change in Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mounts don't retire i don't even. but then again Amanda Bynes retired from acting at age 24 so i guess the word has a new meaning.

The blue post doesn't really answer my questions. Are reps going to disappear? What about the changed dungeons and raids? Will the old achievements count as feats of strength or not? And mounts, will they retire the old ones and replace them with new ones or keep them on?

15+ Year Old Account
    Reps that involve mounts, imo, cant and will not disappear. Same with instances, the mount from Stratholme is still there, they'll just lower the drop rate, as said in the blue post, but they wont completely get rid of it, I'm sure. As for mounts retireing, once you have a mount, i believe they cannot take it away, no matter how old it is. Like this achievement for instance. You'll be able to keep your mount, if they "retire" a mount to upgrade it or replace it with a new one.