Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Most of my GMs have actually been fairly tame. I've had at least one raid leader I've wanted to strangle but I tend to view guilds as really made or broken by their GMs so I usually try to seek out those with decent leadership.

At present I'm my own GM in a little 10man guild. I like to explain things to people. So when the opportunity arises to explain something to somebody I'm all over it. My guildies have mentioned that at this point they figure they can use recordings of my voice to put them to sleep at night. They still have flash backs to when we'd bring in a new player to a fight like H.Mimiron and I'd explain how we approached it in detail; they would awake hours later, dazed, wondering where they were. In my defense though I don't explain things twice to people unless asked (that would probably break the Geneva Convention). I don't think people are stupid, I'm just really thorough when I do explain things.

I also have an incredibly bad habit of thinking out loud. So last night on the alt run when LK is reaching 40% and we have a Defile smack dab on our usual gather point I start my train-of-thought monologue, "May as well drag the LK over to where the Val'kyr is falling, oh the Defile is disappearing, I guess we could also gather over there, although we're already at the Val'kyr..." Now this sort of option-weighing is great and all if you only give people the final result. But in the midst of a phase transition people tend to pick up on phrases, not stream of consciousness monologues. So of course the raid split in two very neatly due to my "expert" leadership.
    You sound exactly like me. My guildies (and most notably my girlfriend) always bust my chops for explaining everything like people are morons, but that's not the case at all. I'm just thorough.. So if I start explaining something, I explain it in excruciating detail.

Had a guild leader for a good year who claimed he was an African American man with twin daughters (who were born during 3/1. picture and all) and that he worked for the FBI. Funny thing was, he played the game a TON. Like 7-12 hours a day. So we all figured the FBI crap was bullshit. Not to mentioned that all this pictures he posted of himself and his "family" were a little hard to believe as he was apparantly this vary large African American man but he sounded like Topher Grace. But he was a really nice guy so we all just kinda went along with things.

Anyway, near the end of 3.2 he started becoming this Nazi raid leader. Losing his shit on whoever made a mistake, calling out any tiny blunder, and demanding that responsibility be taken for poor performance. Wait... that sounds like an awesome guild leader, doesn't it? Well sure it would be if it were not for the fact that this was the very same guy who would afk on boss pulls because his Chinese food just got there. Not to mention, he took his main out of the guild and put it in our server's best guild while still keeping all his other toons in our guild and remaining GM. At one point in time we were on the Twins on 25, full all guildie group, and he (the GM/raid lead) drops out leaving everyone sitting there because the other guild needed him for their run.

So yeah, leadership was shitty and things were further exasperated when we all started noticing that the Crusader Orbs we were collecting from runs were not showing up in the guild bank yet he was getting all this really nice crafted gear... and gold was disappearing from the guild bank too. Anyway, needless to say the shit hit the fan and he ended up running the guild into the ground. Was a real prick, cleaned out the guild bank, started a new guild, pulled members from old guild to new one, and lay all the blame on his 2nd-in-command.

HERES THE FUN PART! Now I won't get into the details of how he did it but Mr. 2nd-in-command did some digging on Al Gore's Internet as he was extremely pissed off. To cut straight to the meat, our Topher Grace sounding African American guild leader sounded like Topher Grace because he of course turned out to not be African American. His STEP-FATHER however was most certainly African American and looked just like the photos MR. Guild Master was posting. And his sexy latina wife, who he claimed to be sexing up every single night, and whom he had twins with, strangely looked EXACTLY like his mother's daughter, who by proxy, was his sister. In fact, his sister looked so much like his wife that his sister had the very same photo on her account as the one Mr. Guild Master was posting on our forums.

Anyway... all this showed up on our forums. There was uproarious laughter and groans at the incestuous revelations.

And Mr. 2nd-in-command is now my new guild leader in an incest free, no FBI allowed guild of 10.

TL;DR

Basically, my last guild leader was a wheel-chair bound Mexican who wanted to be Black, posted pictures of his dad claiming it was him, had the hots for his sister, created a fantasy in which his sister was his wife and that they had twin daughters together, and thought he was an FBI agent.

Quote Originally Posted by AleriyaEU View Post
    Join a bad guild, raid with baddies, the fail that follows is inevitable
    "Who is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    My current guild leader is a guy pretending to be a girl. We don't do raids as a guild, so we're never on Vent or anything like that, but everyone knows about it anyway. He still tries though! It's hilarious.
    I'm curious as to how you know this, or, rather, why everyone still likes the guild if the leader is an imposter?

My first raiding guild(pre-BC), we had a weird situation. Our GM had rl stuff happen so our raid leader ran things for awhile. The raid leader liked to hit on underage girls. He was like 22. It got pretty bad.

Second raiding guild, first one of Wrath. Our GM had a life. I cant blame him, but he hit on every girl in the guild and apparently ended up living with 2 girlfriends. I envy him...

Current raiding guild, our guild master harasses us in good fun and we harass him. Its great.

my GM is a fat owl and i /love him =D

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Vanilla/BC: Pissed off female.
    WotLK:Slightly less pissed off female and then very pissed off female.

Why do I keep getting insane female guild leaders?
    why do you join guilds with female leaders?
    it's like jumping into a marrige with a chick that has 30 other people to please..

Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    TL;DR

Basically, my last guild leader was a wheel-chair bound Mexican who wanted to be Black, posted pictures of his dad claiming it was him, had the hots for his sister, created a fantasy in which his sister was his wife and that they had twin daughters together, and thought he was an FBI agent.
    Thanks, thanks for making my signature.
    For myself, i never got in a guild with a "weird" GL, so i can't contribute much to the topic, but i have to say that most of your stories guys are sorta amazing to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    People playing games for fun, the BASTARDS!

Same guild, 3 different GM's (Allthough just switched places, but they where still officers).
    First GM, real cunt. Always had his favourites and made the others pay, but when the favourites aka officers did, it was no problem.

Second GM, awesomefaceawesome, best raid leader and GM I have ever had, he was so perfect I wanted to make out with him, I didnt care if he yelled at me in raids.. Just made me so much more horny. He was fair to everyone, he was just as likley to yell att officers like members and tell them how fucking stupid they are and kicked them from the raid and got another one. And he was the best, he was the one that made us down bosses like Brutallus and Mu'ru, 50% of the downing was just because he was so awesome, loved that guy, shame he quit when we cleared Nax in wotlk because he thought the game sucked, and he is right.

The third GM, well totaly good aswell, could be a cunt some times, but mostly a fair guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I'm curious as to how you know this, or, rather, why everyone still likes the guild if the leader is an imposter?
    It's a long story, but basically he told someone he trusted who then betrayed that same trust. He's a really nice guy though and he keeps the guild afloat, so none of us particularly mind his little deception, we just think it's funny. It doesn't really make a difference anyway, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    why do you join guilds with female leaders?
    it's like jumping into a marrige with a chick that has 30 other people to please..
    Very very true. I already have one women running my life, why in gods name would I want another running my virtual life?

Women suck, 90% of the women gamers I have come across in WoW, also suck. Not that they are bad players. Some are, some arent. But they use their gender as some kind of currency to get attention.

AKA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxKc5...os=oeFHSv_TB3I
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    It's a long story, but basically he told someone he trusted who then betrayed that same trust. He's a really nice guy though and he keeps the guild afloat, so none of us particularly mind his little deception, we just think it's funny. It doesn't really make a difference anyway, does it?
    That's some crazy drama you have going on there, brah!

My current guild leader chokeslams baddies and slams his hand on his desk after any vent conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by edison260 View Post
    Baddest experience was being in a guild for 6 months and after the Old GM quit wow the new one where a Serbian so there where like 6 Hard Core Raiders from Albania and we all got kicked thats what i call a imba Guild Master
    Omg theres internet in Albania , wtf you stole that too???

Quote Originally Posted by kevindv View Post
    gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive. But what it hides is far more important
    ^^ win

Quote Originally Posted by darklenne View Post
    Very very true. I already have one women running my life, why in gods name would I want another running my virtual life?

Women suck, 90% of the women gamers I have come across in WoW, also suck. Not that they are bad players. Some are, some arent. But they use their gender as some kind of currency to get attention.

AKA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxKc5...os=oeFHSv_TB3I
    meh, 4 of the main raiders in my 10 man guild are awesome people and female, including the GM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm the leader of our guild, and all I can say I'm a prick on raids
    I am a Leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

mine requires the addresses and phone numbers of all raiders and wears a turban and threats to send anthrax to raiders if they fuck up hard modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Mexican who wanted to be Black
    ROFL biggest fail ever

My guild leader shouts at people that stand in fire and he stands in them too. And I am the guild leader.

Deleted
    My GL hates slackers, and in his quest to wipe them from this earth, he has err become the worst one himself to know how to beat them? Ofcourse he always has valid reasons like work, but everytime hes here, he cracks down upon slackers (and those who fail in raids) like a thundergod.