Blood tank weapon help!

Bryntroll, the Bone Arbiter vs Ramaladni's Blade of the Culling

This might be a dumb question, but like the title says I'm unsure on which weapon to use while tanking.

I know that the self heals that Bryntroll provides makes it a pretty good choice, but I can get a little more stam out of Ramaladni's and expertise. I'm a little under dodge cap w/o this axe and a healthy 8.75% with it on.

I'd put my money on Bryntroll, but just want to make sure .

Edit: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...totem&cn=Litle
    Last edited by litledude; 2010-06-26 at 09:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Frost has been the leveling spec of choice since....forever. The people laughing at you are wrath babies and should be treated the same way David Hasslehoff treats his body: with no respect.

The life steal is nice but if your having to gem expertise then use the other one. Plus you can get rid of some of the hit/stam gems. Yellow hit cap is 8% and your a bit over 9%. Not saying its a bad thing but if your over it then replace em with full stam gems. And you will also be able to replace the expertise/stam gems as well.

So I'm gonna have to say go with Ramaladni's Blade of the Culling. If I'm remembering right there is also crit on it as well so your gaining even more than what you listed for with this axe over Bryntroll.

Edit:: One thing I forgot to mention. Even though all tanks aim for dodge cap, don't worry if your way over. That just lowers your chance to have an attack parried. And thats a good thing so don't worry to much if your sitting at like 34-36 after you change out the gems.
    Last edited by Thorgrimm; 2010-06-26 at 11:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ramaladni's Blade of the Culling imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't need the expertise, go bryntroll with full stam gems, otherwise go ramaladni

Deleted
    The Lifesteal proc on Bryntroll isn't reliable, it can occour at anytime during the fight. Point being, you got no control over when you want it. Therefore I consider Ramaldini's to be superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralth View Post
    If you don't need the expertise, go bryntroll with full stam gems, otherwise go ramaladni
    Even if your dodge capped Bryntroll still falls behind Ramaladni's. The life proc sucks and you get crit and expertise from Rama's and that will lower your parry chances.

Ramaladnis, you also have to think that bryntroll can overheal.. along with less stamina, Ramaladnis and then heroic ramaladnis ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer this lineup:

Bryntroll - Ramaladni - Oxheart - Heroic Bryntroll - Cryptmaker - Heroic Ramaladni - Heroic Oxheart - Heroic Cryptmaker

15+ Year Old Account
    For you as an Orc Ramaladni's is far better than oxheart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soo rusty with tanking >.<

You should go for Ramaladni's and start replacing your stam/Exp gems with pure stamina

Deleted
    Bloodmourne....oh wait...

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ralamadni's blade of Culling every time
    Insert Signiture here.

ramaldini's has ArP. not crit. atleats have your facts straight if you're going t give advice.

on topic: ramaldini's is superior simply because it gives you soooo much expertise, which is the best stat for threat. +ArP which gives a huge boost to your dmg since you are blood and it's a physical spec. there's your answer. end thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Respec to DPS and roll a real tank.
    stfu

and back on topic

ramaldini's wins as a blood tanking weap by far.
    i've got both and tried both. kept using normal ramaldini's for tanking even after getting the bryntroll... yes it's that noticable... now using the heroic ramaldini's and not looking back.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wish I could get Heroic Ramaladni's to drop. I'm using a Heroic Oxheart right now (as an Orc, fail) and my warrior has an ungemmed, unenchanted Heroic Ramaladni's in his bags right now because no one wanted it (he's a tank).

I wish you could mail gear between toons.