What happened to the guilds?

A few days ago, I said in the chat I was looking for a nice guild. Suddenly, everyone said "he wants a boost". When I replied by saying I'm just looking for a casual guild, for social, fun, PvE, PvP and all the between, people answered me by "WoW isn't a social game, play and stfu". I mean seriously, what's going on with everyone? What happened to just having fun? playing the game like a ghost, not talking at all is getting kind of boring after a while. People actually told me "You wanna talk? go to RP realm. Here you play, you don't talk".
    What happened to the WoW community?

10+ Year Old Account
    People don't try to socialize, they just raid and burn out as result, then they go whine on the forums of severl websites

The 10 year olds in Vanilla turned 15 at the end of WotLK. Thus puberty hit! Somewhere at the end of Cataclysm it will change again.

Just one of the side affects of having thousands of people online...the obnoxious ones are the loudest. It is wading through those types of annoyances that are just a part of RL too....

10+ Year Old Account
    If this was in Trade Chat, then yeah, those are the responses you will get, in addition to "Go kill yourself","Anal [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]", and 17 consecutive lines of "LFM ICC25 need all, PST GS"

If you are looking for a decent guild, check the forums or maybe see if there is any activity in the Looking for Guild chat(unlikely, but possible)
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein